Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Interesting that Lubick is being sent with a babysitter (Hamdan) to visit Ford and McCoy this week. Over the weekend, Malloe chaperoned him on his visit with Puka. The only guy Lubick is seeing on his own is already-committed Taj Davis.

Either Lubick is heading elsewhere next year or Pete doesn't trust him alone with recruits.

I thought sending multiple coaches was common? I wouldn’t be shocked if Lubick isn’t here for long. We’ve had two years in a row of shitty WR play.
    In Lubick’s defense, Pease recruited the current group of receivers. Fuller and Baciella have played well given their limited toolboxes. Ty Jones has so far been meh. Evaluators had him as a big HS talent, prone to mental lapses and taking plays off.

I believe he closed Yankoff?

Lubick may suck but I’m not ready to go there yet.

Several thought Huff sucked, too. He’s demonstrated he can recruit the results from the development side—positive—recently kicked in.

People were skeptical of the Huff hire. He immediately went to work and proved everyone wrong. Not really the same thing.
    Huff had pieces to work with; McGary, Adams, Watty, Hilbers, and full year starter Harris.

Lubick, not so much.

He inherited Pettis, Fuller(.831 composite), Baciella (.85) Chico (.875) Chin (.838) and Hamden’s talented but inexperienced incoming freshman Jones, Bynum, and Cook. Special thanks to Peterman for keeping Brent Pease too long!

Lubick leveled WR recruiting way up, inking Spiker (.970), Osborne (.918), Lowe (.901) Culp (.881), and QB Yankoff (.956).

On the field, Fuller (.831 composite) and Baciella (.85),while not flashy, have developed into productive pieces. YPC is way up. Ty Jones remains a work in progress who hopefully raises his game another level next year.

2017 Receivers

2018 Receviers

Not counting the current recruiting cycle, I’d give Lubbick an A in both development and recruiting.

It speaks volumes to Peterman’s offense that Spiker and Osborne haven’t played, considering the limited WR rotation.

If Lubick whiffs on Ford—or a similar ceiling prospect this cycle— he drops down, but is a far cry from needing to GTFO (Hi Bob and PowPow!)
    I’m mostly Posi Lubick but Osborne committed before Hamden left, he gets no credit for him. Spiker was set to commit when Hamdan left but waited a bit to make sure he was comfortable with his replacement. Lubick gets some credit here but probably only 25%ish.
    Maybe so but historically when a recruiting coach leaves, the recruits look around. Osborne was commited to Peterman and the school. Lubick ultimatly got Spikers commitment and held on to him for nine months until signing day.

If Lubick whiffs on this class, the WRs go backwards next year, and he whiffs on the following class, GTFO.

I wanted Malloe gone after we lost Tui and he couldn’t even get a meeting to try and hold him together. Guess I was wrong on that one.
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ngata ties:
    - Ariel & being on campus a ton
    - Jake

Ford ties:
    - Julius Irvin
    - Keith Taylor
    - Soon to be Trent McDuffie
    - Summer training wit Brandon Mckinney
    - Coached by Austin Pettis who has a good relationship with Bush
    - Good relationship with Dante
    - No USC family ties & is friends with Bru (said he’d take Ryan Hillinski over JT)

If you can’t get that kid when USC goes 5-7 and you have Eason, Sirmon, Huard waiting in the wings GTFOH. Period.

Two other minor factors that should make it a no-brainer.

A year in year out elite D —> offense on the field.... a fuck ton

A leveling up o-line (thanks Huff!) —> more time for those elite QBs to sling the rock...
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ngata ties:
    - Ariel & being on campus a ton
    - Jake

Ford ties:
    - Julius Irvin
    - Keith Taylor
    - Soon to be Trent McDuffie
    - Summer training wit Brandon Mckinney
    - Coached by Austin Pettis who has a good relationship with Bush
    - Good relationship with Dante
    - No USC family ties & is friends with Bru (said he’d take Ryan Hillinski over JT)

If you can’t get that kid when USC goes 5-7 and you have Eason, Sirmon, Huard waiting in the wings GTFOH. Period.

Two other minor factors that should make it a no-brainer.

A year in year out elite D —> offense on the field.... a fuck ton

A leveling up o-line (thanks Huff!) —> more time for those elite QBs to sling the rock...
    And ahmed to run the rock.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2018
    You can’t fire Lubick for Jake sucking and not using Ty. You can fire him for being Brent pease 2.0 and whiffing in recruiting.

All the 4 stars don’t play because Pete’s dumbass offense makes you win matchups on your own. Problem is the two WR’s who are good enough route runners are the two least dynamic on the whole roster. That’s why you see Aaron run a picture perfect slant on 4th & 6 but it gets broken up cuz he’s a pussy physically. HS kids aren’t precise enough to win matchups against college corners without a pick, over and under concept, or formation facilitation to just step in. Let alone step in with a shitty QB. That’s why you see Bynum and Cook just now being thrown in.

Kyle is one of the best HS route runners I’ve seen combined with a big and strong frame so he’d be the only one who wouldn’t need a redshirt year to get acclimated. But with the ACL tear he’ll prolly RS anyways.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kyle Ford liked this today on the twatters:

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Could Lubick get the “Brett Pease” award this year?
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I told you guys the Kingsbury hire fucked our chances with him. You know a kid's not coming here when even I'm not feeling optimistic about our chances. He gone. All USC. 5-star WR to SC. Business as usual. UW needs to put up numbers on offense to get a WR of that caliber. Our #1 receiver (Aaron Fuller) was 7th in receiving yards compared to the rest of the conference's receivers. Our next WR's after that were #27 (Baccellia) and #29 (Jones). Our passing game was trash this season. The Cal and Utah games were offensive abortions. What do you expect? The air raid at USC is way more appealing for a WR recruit than what our offense has done the past two seasons.

I am sad now. Please cheer me up with some good recruiting news.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I told you guys the Kingsbury hire fucked our chances with him. You know a kid's not coming here when even I'm not feeling optimistic about our chances. He gone. All USC. 5-star WR to SC. Business as usual. UW needs to put up numbers on offense to get a WR of that caliber. Our #1 receiver (Aaron Fuller) was 7th in receiving yards compared to the rest of the conference's receivers. Our next WR's after that were #27 (Baccellia) and #29 (Jones). Our passing game was trash this season. The Cal and Utah games were offensive abortions. What do you expect? The air raid at USC is way more appealing for a WR recruit than what our offense has done the past two seasons.

Well. this is true.

passing game last two seasons has been awful. and the good recruits who come here don't get any playing time.

You can advertise the number one defense in the pac, you can advertise "death row", to pretty much any defensive player.

What does the offense have to advertise? Huff has been doing a pretty nice job, I like Cam Davis but he wasn't our top guy, QB recruiting has been AMAZING, Spiker and Osborne came here (inspired by Ross and Pettis) as the memory of Ross and Pettis fade, what will be the pitch to get wide receivers here? Is the "play with Jacob Eason" thing not working? We can only get one three star receiver now?
  • Options
    I was born in 1994. I will never ever believe we are getting a big time recruit. We’re fucked. We’re fucked now and we’ll always be fucked.

That being said, I have been forced to watch way too much Aaron Fuller film this year to give up on this kid. He’s going to USC or Oregon but just let me doog while McDuffie commits and he comes to a Rose bowl practice. Until then let me cut my wrists in peace.
  • Options

I was born in 1994. I will never ever believe we are getting a big time recruit. We’re fucked. We’re fucked now and we’ll always be fucked.

That being said, I have been forced to watch way too much Aaron Fuller film this year to give up on this kid. He’s going to USC or Oregon but just let me doog while McDuffie commits and he comes to a Rose bowl practice. Until then let me cut my wrists in peace.

No Ngata, no Ford, no McCoy, do we give Lubick another chance with Johnny Wilson or is it time to move on....
  • Options
    ZoneUW said:

No Ngata, no Ford, no McCoy, do we give Lubick another chance with Johnny Wilson or is it time to move on....

I don’t mean to be a dick but is that a serious question?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I don't disagree but what happens when USC goes 8-5 and ends up in the Sun Bowl? Helton will be fired and Kingsbury will be gone as well. Recruits know this. Look at their 2019 schedule. I think Helton gets fired at the end of September. Some will however choose to commit and many more will not. I think we land Ford.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    Eason can make throws Browning couldn't on his best day. UW doing absolutely everything on the Ford and McCoy recruiting front knowing Eason is almost certainly the starter
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    I am sure many of you have heard of him just tearing apart the first team on scout sessions