Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also, on Malloe- I've said this a million times but the evidence at the time was that he was a C recruiter at best. However the sample size was very small and it turns out Marlon and Coach Gino were just flukey situations like DDY says.

That doesn't mean people agitating about Malloe's recruiting at the time were wrong. 90%+ of the time if your new coach doesn't land a big fish after 1.5 years on the job hes never going to. Unless you were in the living room on his in-home visits then you didn't have any better information at the time to say why the general rule didn't apply to Malloe and he was actually doing great work but getting unlucky.

Don't be results oriented.

Exactly this.

This is all that needs to be said. Most people suck. The null hypothesis is that people suck. People need to prove they don't suck.

No coach ever gets the benefit of the doubt. Ever. Every coach sucks and can't recruit until PROVEN OTHERWISE.

The end.
    I'm hearing the new guy at Ohio State is going to keep it rolling just like Urban because he won three games this year. The ESPN Buckeye Honks show said so
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Baseman said:

Interesting that Lubick is being sent with a babysitter (Hamdan) to visit Ford and McCoy this week. Over the weekend, Malloe chaperoned him on his visit with Puka. The only guy Lubick is seeing on his own is already-committed Taj Davis.

Either Lubick is heading elsewhere next year or Pete doesn't trust him alone with recruits.

I thought sending multiple coaches was common? I wouldn’t be shocked if Lubick isn’t here for long. We’ve had two years in a row of shitty WR play.
    In Lubick’s defense, Pease recruited the current group of receivers. Fuller and Baciella have played well given their limited toolboxes. Ty Jones has so far been meh. Evaluators had him as a big HS talent, prone to mental lapses and taking plays off.

I believe he closed Yankoff?

Lubick may suck but I’m not ready to go there yet.

Several thought Huff sucked, too. He’s demonstrated he can recruit the results from the development side—positive—recently kicked in.

People were skeptical of the Huff hire. He immediately went to work and proved everyone wrong. Not really the same thing.
    How about Malloe then? Roundly panned and called for his firing. Now look where we are.
    Malloe proved that we are a bunch a fucking idiots
    Malloe showed that his inability on Tufele and Marlon were flukes. That's all.

You fucking coach-trusters are retards.

Also... with regards to Lubick... he got Yankoff, Trey and Culp last year. Ty, Alex, Terrell, Ozzy and Spiker were Hamdan.

Listening to you retards talk hurts.
    Just in the LIPO camp with Lubick. He had a couple of decent gets/assists however you want to count it which is why there's some evidence against the null. Current trend isn't good but i'm going to wait and see how he finishes the cycle for more evidence. Landing Ford would make me give him MOAr Tim which is all I'm going to give any coach who hasn't proved it THIS YEAR.
    He sucks. Losing Ngata is as bad as losing Fozzy. Should be DAO if he doesn't bring in Ford or McCoy.
    Well we aren’t getting McCoy so hopefully he can pull in Ford. Although that may have something more to do with the Pettis’s and his SoCal boys than Lubick.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Interesting that Lubick is being sent with a babysitter (Hamdan) to visit Ford and McCoy this week. Over the weekend, Malloe chaperoned him on his visit with Puka. The only guy Lubick is seeing on his own is already-committed Taj Davis.

Either Lubick is heading elsewhere next year or Pete doesn't trust him alone with recruits.

I thought sending multiple coaches was common? I wouldn’t be shocked if Lubick isn’t here for long. We’ve had two years in a row of shitty WR play.
    In Lubick’s defense, Pease recruited the current group of receivers. Fuller and Baciella have played well given their limited toolboxes. Ty Jones has so far been meh. Evaluators had him as a big HS talent, prone to mental lapses and taking plays off.

Several thought Huff sucked, too. He’s demonstrated he can recruit the results from the development side—positive—recently kicked in.

People were skeptical of the Huff hire. He immediately went to work and proved everyone wrong. Not really the same thing.
    How about Malloe then? Roundly panned and called for his firing. Now look where we are.

Also... with regards to Lubick... he got Yankoff, Trey and Culp last year. Ty, Alex, Terrell, Ozzy and Spiker were Hamdan.

Just in the LIPO camp with Lubick. He had a couple of decent gets/assists however you want to count it which is why there's some evidence against the null. Current trend isn't good but i'm going to wait and see how he finishes the cycle for more evidence. Landing Ford would make me give him MOAr Tim which is all I'm going to give any coach who hasn't proved it THIS YEAR.
    He sucks. Losing Ngata is as bad as losing Fozzy. Should be DAO if he doesn't bring in Ford or McCoy.
    Agree. I just think it's likely we land Ford at this point. If we don't it's time for him to get *promoted* to Baylor.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Agree. I just think it's likely we land Ford at this point. If we don't it's time for him to get *promoted* to Baylor.
    Why are you optimistic bout Ford?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Question: would a Tee Martin hire doog

Baseman said:

If we’re going to look for coaches who recruit and actually develop WRs...Tee Martin?
  • Options

Baseman said:

1) He has been liking and retweeting some UW stuff. Not a ton, but more than other schools recently.

2) He is boys with Julius Irvin and Keith Taylor and they have been working on him

3) Dante Pettis bro is his high school wide receiver coach.

It’s not a lock or anything which is why we are talking to other guys but I think we have as good as a shot as anyone at this point. Hopefully he hasn’t seen our abortion of a passing offense the last two games and decided he wants the Air Raid at USC.
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

Baseman said:

If we’re going to look for coaches who recruit and actually develop WRs...Tee Martin?
    Where are you getting he develops WRs? Haven't SC WR's been massive disappointments for years?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Domicillo said:

Baseman said:

Where are you getting he develops WRs? Haven't SC WR's been massive disappointments for years?
    It was a fucking sarcastic joke boyz
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

A combination of what Edwin said and just my less than perfect hunch from looking at all the tea leaves. I think it's highly unlikely with all our current success/hype that we don't land at least 1 of our remaining targets at WR and I think Ford is probably the most likely of the bunch to be it. Plus, I think we are going to pick up some serious momentum in the coming weeks with some big name commits finally dropping during the coming visits. I've been decent at such calls since I joined this hive of scum and teen boi stalking, Irvin, Trice, & Turner off the top of my head I called early.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Baseman said:

1) He has been liking and retweeting some UW stuff. Not a ton, but more than other schools recently.

2) He is boys with Julius Irvin and Keith Taylor and they have been working on him

It’s not a lock or anything which is why we are talking to other guys but I think we have as good as a shot as anyone at this point. Hopefully he hasn’t seen our abortion of a passing offense the last two games and decided he wants the Air Raid at USC.
    Austin is Dante's cousin - but played for Pete at Boise.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Austin is Dante's cousin - but played for Pete at Boise.
    Fuck! That’s why your the master and I am simply an acolyte.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Let's not ignore the fact that Bush had a much easier job selling UW's offense to WR's when they were coming off the 2016 season in which they had the #1 offense in the conference and Ross+Pettis torched a bunch of secondaries.

Lubick now has a much more difficult job ahead of him with UW coming off a season of offensive mediocrity and a terrible offensive performance in the Pac-12 title game. Sure, most recruits know Browning sucks but they also don't know if Bush Hamdan sucks or not and frankly, neither do we. On top of that, USC just hired Kingsbury who now has all Cali WR recruits buzzing because the air raid is so WR friendly.

Ford is probably going to SC now because of the Kingsbury hire.
  • Options

Also, on Malloe- I've said this a million times but the evidence at the time was that he was a C recruiter at best. However the sample size was very small and it turns out Marlon and Coach Gino were just flukey situations like DDY says.

That doesn't mean people agitating about Malloe's recruiting at the time were wrong. 90%+ of the time if your new coach doesn't land a big fish after 1.5 years on the job hes never going to. Unless you were in the living room on his in-home visits then you didn't have any better information at the time to say why the general rule didn't apply to Malloe and he was actually doing great work but getting unlucky.

Don't be results oriented.

Isn't freaking out about a fluke situation with Marlon the definition of being results oriented?
    If anyone posted something like, "see, I told you when Malloe was hired that he couldn't recruit!" even though they had no evidence to support such position at the time he was hired then that would be a results oriented freakout.

There was some evidence that the Marlon situation was flukey but there was more evidence that Malloe got outplayed and should have been recruiting more DTs anyway. The Togiai situation really tipped the scales and there is no way anyone could have predicted what Malloe would next at that point.

PGOS loves to come in anytime someone is wrong and be like "LOL you idiots hated Malloe your opinions are worthless" but he can't produce a single post defending Malloe's recruiting at the time let alone claiming Malloe was actually the best recruiter on staff. I can't actually recall seeing any analysis on any subject from him whatsoever.
    I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you.

Malloe is a Dawg he bled on the field in Husky Stadium and you fucking manlet are gonna shit on for some stiff from Idaho. FoH.

Here is me not giving two fcks what you thing is smart or dumb.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Let's not ignore the fact that Bush had a much easier job selling UW's offense to WR's when they were coming off the 2016 season in which they had the #1 offense in the conference and Ross+Pettis torched a bunch of secondaries.

Lubick now has a much more difficult job ahead of him with UW coming off a season of offensive mediocrity and a terrible offensive performance in the Pac-12 title game. Sure, most recruits know Browning sucks but they also don't know if Bush Hamdan sucks or not and frankly, neither do we. On top of that, USC just hired Kingsbury who now has all Cali WR recruits buzzing because the air raid is so WR friendly.

No fucks are given, sell them on it. USC pulled two good TE and they don’t use it
  • Options

Retweeted video of Irvin and Huskies turning up to Mo Bamba after victory

As long as we get Ford and Ngata next year then not getting them in this class will be irrelevant.
    I know you're being sarcasmic but we fucking need to get Ngata in next year's class.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

No fucks are given, sell them on it. USC pulled two good TE and they don’t use it
    Okay! I'll be sure to tell Lubick that @WeakarmCobra on Hardcore Husky says to either beat USC for a 5-star WR from Southern California or get the fuck out.
  • Options

Okay! I'll be sure to tell Lubick that @WeakarmCobra on Hardcore Husky says to either beat USC for a 5-star WR from Southern California or get the fuck out.
    OMG he tweeted something pro-UW!? I guess it's okay then that he's openly whoring himself out to other schools as a commit. I mean, as long as your girlfriend tells you she loves you it doesn't matter she's sucking someone else's dick on a regular basis with no plans of stopping. C'mon people. We've been above recruiting kids that play games like this since CP got here and it doesn't need to change now for us to beat the big boys. Kalepo is an O-line version of Tre'Shaun Harrison except Tre'Shaun was a real baller. This kid's film is trash. He's a 3-star Guard prospect. Let him commit to SC only to be dropped by them later and end up at Oregon where he'll never beat UW.