Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Interesting that Lubick is being sent with a babysitter (Hamdan) to visit Ford and McCoy this week. Over the weekend, Malloe chaperoned him on his visit with Puka. The only guy Lubick is seeing on his own is already-committed Taj Davis.

Either Lubick is heading elsewhere next year or Pete doesn't trust him alone with recruits.

Yah, maybe lubick is headed elsewhere and pete wants to make sure there's crootin going on and not just shooting the shit and a general lack of focus or effort.

Good insight bnb. What's your price? 10.95?
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018
    Yeah but Lubick and Hamdan are only one and a half though. Maybe Boner will fill that gap?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

Interesting that Lubick is being sent with a babysitter (Hamdan) to visit Ford and McCoy this week. Over the weekend, Malloe chaperoned him on his visit with Puka. The only guy Lubick is seeing on his own is already-committed Taj Davis.

Either Lubick is heading elsewhere next year or Pete doesn't trust him alone with recruits.

Gregory and Kwat have also been paired this whole time but hard to determine who’s babysitting who.
    They’re getting some fishing and climbing in together during their downtime
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

I thought sending multiple coaches was common? I wouldn’t be shocked if Lubick isn’t here for long. We’ve had two years in a row of shitty WR play.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Domicillo said:

Gregory and Kwat have also been paired this whole time but hard to determine who’s babysitting who.
    I hear they invited Mosster along. Just want I'm hearing.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ZoneUW said:

Baseman said:

Domicillo said:

I hear they invited Mosster along. Just want I'm hearing.
    Who are you and where did you come from?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Only so many guys we are talking to ... that also could be an explanation

WR play has been probably what we should have expected it to be this year
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

Awful
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited December 2018

I thought sending multiple coaches was common? I wouldn’t be shocked if Lubick isn’t here for long. We’ve had two years in a row of shitty WR play.
    In Lubick’s defense, Pease recruited the current group of receivers. Fuller and Baciella have played well given their limited toolboxes. Ty Jones has so far been meh. Evaluators had him as a big HS talent, prone to mental lapses and taking plays off.

I believe he closed Yankoff?

Lubick may suck but I’m not ready to go there yet.

Several thought Huff sucked, too. He’s demonstrated he can recruit the results from the development side—positive—recently kicked in.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Awful
    Elaborate
  • Options
    If you put his production this year as a RS Frosh then that’s good production

He played last year to get an idea of what playing looked like this year because he was going to be needed

He’ll go to work in the offseason and continue to improve ... still a really young player
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Agree that Ty Jones will be substantially better next year but his progression so far has been slightly disappointing
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

In Lubick’s defense, Pease recruited the current group of receivers. Fuller and Baciella have played well given their limited toolboxes. Ty Jones has so far been meh. Evaluators had him as a big HS talent, prone to mental lapses and taking plays off.

I believe he closed Yankoff?

Lubick may suck but I’m not ready to go there yet.

Several thought Huff sucked, too. He’s demonstrated he can recruit the results from the development side—positive—recently kicked in.

People were skeptical of the Huff hire. He immediately went to work and proved everyone wrong. Not really the same thing.