Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Let's not ignore the fact that Bush had a much easier job selling UW's offense to WR's when they were coming off the 2016 season in which they had the #1 offense in the conference and Ross+Pettis torched a bunch of secondaries.

Lubick now has a much more difficult job ahead of him with UW coming off a season of offensive mediocrity and a terrible offensive performance in the Pac-12 title game. Sure, most recruits know Browning sucks but they also don't know if Bush Hamdan sucks or not and frankly, neither do we. On top of that, USC just hired Kingsbury who now has all Cali WR recruits buzzing because the air raid is so WR friendly.

Ford is probably going to SC now because of the Kingsbury hire.

No fucks are given, sell them on it. USC pulled two good TE and they don’t use it
    Okay! I'll be sure to tell Lubick that @WeakarmCobra on Hardcore Husky says to either beat USC for a 5-star WR from Southern California or get the fuck out.
    Hi Nathan. 1. Stop reading message boards. 2. Prove me wrong.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    A. None of that is at all relevant to this discussion
    B. Obviously he read it and it made an impact. He stopped fucking around with other schools and locked himself in soon after that incident. You're welcome.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664

Let's not ignore the fact that Bush had a much easier job selling UW's offense to WR's when they were coming off the 2016 season in which they had the #1 offense in the conference and Ross+Pettis torched a bunch of secondaries.

Lubick now has a much more difficult job ahead of him with UW coming off a season of offensive mediocrity and a terrible offensive performance in the Pac-12 title game. Sure, most recruits know Browning sucks but they also don't know if Bush Hamdan sucks or not and frankly, neither do we. On top of that, USC just hired Kingsbury who now has all Cali WR recruits buzzing because the air raid is so WR friendly.

Ford is probably going to SC now because of the Kingsbury hire.

No fucks are given, sell them on it. USC pulled two good TE and they don’t use it
    Okay! I'll be sure to tell Lubick that @WeakarmCobra on Hardcore Husky says to either beat USC for a 5-star WR from Southern California or get the fuck out.
    OMG he tweeted something pro-UW!? I guess it's okay then that he's openly whoring himself out to other schools as a commit. I mean, as long as your girlfriend tells you she loves you it doesn't matter she's sucking someone else's dick on a regular basis with no plans of stopping. C'mon people. We've been above recruiting kids that play games like this since CP got here and it doesn't need to change now for us to beat the big boys. Kalepo is an O-line version of Tre'Shaun Harrison except Tre'Shaun was a real baller. This kid's film is trash. He's a 3-star Guard prospect. Let him commit to SC only to be dropped by them later and end up at Oregon where he'll never beat UW.
    I mean I’m all for a good rant, but don’t shit on my kalepo, only the coaches can do that

B. Obviously he read it and it made an impact. He stopped fucking around with other schools and locked himself in soon after that incident. You're welcome.

A. It's relevant.
    B. Bitch please.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735

A. It's relevant.
    B. Bitch please.
    Did he not stop fucking around after that? You're welcome.

A. It's relevant.
    B. Bitch please.
    Did he not stop fucking around after that? You're welcome.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,369 Swaye's Wigwam
    Glad to see the board stopped taking its Antiretroviral meds. Just when the AIDS was in remission @StrongArmCobra can't help but cause a full blown relapse.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 792
    Criddel explained to Kyle why he split UO.
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    Domicillo said:

That Kliff Kingsbury has never developed an NFL receiver? Let alone to a level of Dante and John?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited December 2018

Baseman said:

Interesting that Lubick is being sent with a babysitter (Hamdan) to visit Ford and McCoy this week. Over the weekend, Malloe chaperoned him on his visit with Puka. The only guy Lubick is seeing on his own is already-committed Taj Davis.

Either Lubick is heading elsewhere next year or Pete doesn't trust him alone with recruits.

I thought sending multiple coaches was common? I wouldn’t be shocked if Lubick isn’t here for long. We’ve had two years in a row of shitty WR play.
    In Lubick’s defense, Pease recruited the current group of receivers. Fuller and Baciella have played well given their limited toolboxes. Ty Jones has so far been meh. Evaluators had him as a big HS talent, prone to mental lapses and taking plays off.

I believe he closed Yankoff?

Lubick may suck but I’m not ready to go there yet.

Several thought Huff sucked, too. He’s demonstrated he can recruit the results from the development side—positive—recently kicked in.

People were skeptical of the Huff hire. He immediately went to work and proved everyone wrong. Not really the same thing.
    Huff had pieces to work with; McGary, Adams, Watty, Hilbers, and full year starter Harris.

Lubick, not so much.

He inherited Pettis, Fuller(.831 composite), Baciella (.85) Chico (.875) Chin (.838) and Hamden’s talented but inexperienced incoming freshman Jones, Bynum, and Cook. Special thanks to Peterman for keeping Brent Pease too long!

Lubick leveled WR recruiting way up, inking Spiker (.970), Osborne (.918), Lowe (.901) Culp (.881), and QB Yankoff (.956).

On the field, Fuller (.831 composite) and Baciella (.85),while not flashy, have developed into productive pieces. YPC is way up. Ty Jones remains a work in progress who hopefully raises his game another level next year.

2017 Receivers

2018 Receviers

Not counting the current recruiting cycle, I’d give Lubbick an A in both development and recruiting.

It speaks volumes to Peterman’s offense that Spiker and Osborne haven’t played, considering the limited WR rotation.

If Lubick whiffs on Ford—or a similar ceiling prospect this cycle— he drops down, but is a far cry from needing to GTFO (Hi Bob and PowPow!)
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    He’ll end up at Illinois