Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    KnuteRockneKnuteRockne Member Posts: 13
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So a couple years ago we gave Ikaika a lot of shit for now only losing Marlon, but for also not being proactive in developing a good backup plan. So.... uhh..... we gonna give Jimmy as much shit as we gave Ikaika?

Normally I'd agree with you... but Jimmy Lake signed McDuffie, Williams and KamFab in this class while Ikaika lost Marlon and his backup in Ali Gaye who never made it on campus. Ikaika made the mistake in only recruiting one DT that class.

Are you sure Lake doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat with Asa. It doesn't look good but if Asa really wants to play S who better to coach and develop him in Lake. ND can't develop shit. Their All American DB Julian Love is ranked behind both Murphy and Rapp in Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 2019 NFL prospects.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10

If Asa can't see the positives in learning under Lake I don't know what can convince the kid.
    Daniel Jeremiah is fucking nobody.

His opinion on NFL prospects doesn't mean shit just like the rest of these hacks that call themselves draft experts.
  • Options
    KnuteRockneKnuteRockne Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dawgs206 said:

So a couple years ago we gave Ikaika a lot of shit for now only losing Marlon, but for also not being proactive in developing a good backup plan. So.... uhh..... we gonna give Jimmy as much shit as we gave Ikaika?

Normally I'd agree with you... but Jimmy Lake signed McDuffie, Williams and KamFab in this class while Ikaika lost Marlon and his backup in Ali Gaye who never made it on campus. Ikaika made the mistake in only recruiting one DT that class.

Are you sure Lake doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat with Asa. It doesn't look good but if Asa really wants to play S who better to coach and develop him in Lake. ND can't develop shit. Their All American DB Julian Love is ranked behind both Murphy and Rapp in Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 2019 NFL prospects.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10

If Asa can't see the positives in learning under Lake I don't know what can convince the kid.

His opinion on NFL prospects doesn't mean shit just like the rest of these hacks that call themselves draft experts.
    Jeremiah is actually one of the better draft experts out there.
    He's been offered NFL GM jobs, lol
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Matt Millen got one
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    God for fuck sake can we please just get confirmation on where this kid is going already. Fucking grow a pair and make a decision so that these grown ass men offering you a scholarship can move on and us grown ass men stalking you can move on as well.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sources said:

This kid is a beta.

Definitely doesnt do his own laundry.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The guy’s a former player and scout who could be in a front office if he wanted to. He knows what he’s talking about.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think DJ is too low on Murphy, but he's easily the best media draft guy around now that Mayock went to the Raiders, and his big board is the best I've seen this year by some margin.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Raiders just hired Mike Mayock proving once again the power of media and talking heads spouting bullshit. We'll see

Mayock is one of the worst or best at lives in the film room hard worker blue collar lunch pail guy commentary

Look for the Raiders to get a lot whiter
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

The Raiders just hired Mike Mayock proving once again the power of media and talking heads spouting bullshit. We'll see

Mayock is one of the worst or best at lives in the film room hard worker blue collar lunch pail guy commentary

Not saying Mayock is a football savant, but he's a much better hire than Gruden.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not saying Mayock is a football savant, but he's a much better hire than Gruden.
    Could be but he will answer to Gruden. For better or worse Gruden and his ten million a year run that team

Sad to see how far they have fallen
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

Per Wiltfong...

Talking to a couple sources regarding Carlsbad (Calif.) High Top247 athlete Asa Turner, seems like Washington is starting to gain momentum again for the four-star and former commit who nearly signed with Notre Dame during the Early Signing Period.

This one is still close and could go either way, but after committing to the Huskies in July, ND nearly snagged him in December. Turner chose not to put pen to paper during that Early Signing Period but decommitted.

I believe that there are people around Turner that would prefer the Irish, and he's high on that opportunity as well, but I also think he is more comfortable with the way the Huskies want to use him on defense which is safety. Notre Dame is recruiting Turner as a rover.

I'm still not able to log a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast here as I believe Turner is torn between both programs. He continues to meet with each staff weekly as they send coaches out to see him.

Notre Dame is currently sitting on the nation's No. 15 recruiting class. Washington is right behind them at No. 18 per the 247Sports Composite. Turner ranks as the country's No. 10 athlete in the 247Sports Top247 Player Rankings and No. 198 prospect overall.

@GaryFromTeenMom is this coming from your burner account?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Wiltfong CB to UW, just after he said he wasn't making a CB yet?

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It would be hilarious if Asa stayed with us.