Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nicholas Bolton, 3* 2018 ILB, Frisco (Lone Star), TX (HE GONE)

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

Bolton's the exact kind of MLB that TCU has been so successful with ... and you can definitely have a very strong defense with that kind of player ...

But the point is that you would always take a longer player like Azeem or Keishawn all things being equal

TCU has been successful on defense?
    Aren't all their games like 71-63?
    They are one of the few Big 12 programs that has emphasized defense
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I take black over a shitty white vicking. Shit this is football
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    He will pick UW, buttfuckers
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Swaye said:

whlinder said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:
    Last I saw he was listed at 5 tomahawks, 11 arrowheads.
    he shorter than that 5'10 on good day
    Disagree
    Dude he looks only about an inch taller than Peterman. He also wearing higher sole shoes.
    I just don't think he looks anywhere near the 6' 2" plus guys we seem to be wanting to go for at LB. Looks like no way he's even at 6', but it can be hard to tell in pics so I figured I'd ask.
    At best, I think he is wellington size. Which is fine, for middle LB. The kid can fucking play
    The main gripe with MLB who are short is if they can put on weight, but that's not even a question with Nick Bolton. Being 6'2" is nice, but not a requirement.
    This isn't a size doesn't matter post, but sometimes undersized guys are actually good. Adam Archuleta was a great player at ASU. Same for Pat Tillman.

Petersen is good at finding "football" players. My worry about Bolton isn't his size, but his speed. You have to cover in the PAC 12 and the no huddle offenses make it hard to sub. I couldn't tell in his film, but the two down MLB doesn't work in college football.

Bolton is a football player though. I read he's been defensive MVP of his league two years in a row.

Having a high motor is a skill. Loving to hit is a skill. That's a reason these 7 on 7's and no pads camps are stupid.

Sometimes there is too much hoopla around size and athleticism.
    Bobby Wagner is 6'. Height doesn't mean shit for a MLB.
    Why does everyone have such a hard time processing averages?

Sure, there are players that are not prototypical sizes. That is not a binary with "size doesn't mean shit".

Holy fuck. Back to dawgman with this crap.
    Duh, cause we're stupid fucks. Talking μ and σ and population distribution is boring and there is no place for it in #HotTaekNation
    I don't know what any of this means but you got lots of chins so I went with the crowd.
    Aww how cute, u just wana be popular?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He will buttfuck UW, pickers

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Tequilla said:

whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

Bolton's the exact kind of MLB that TCU has been so successful with ... and you can definitely have a very strong defense with that kind of player ...

But the point is that you would always take a longer player like Azeem or Keishawn all things being equal

Good thing they emphasize it. God knows
    if they didn't they wouldn't have that impressive
    78th ranked defense in the country.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    edited July 2017
    whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

Good thing they emphasize it. God knows
    if they didn't they wouldn't have that impressive
    78th ranked defense in the country.
    By what metric? Yards allowed per game? Points allowed per game? Have to normalize your numbers when factoring in different conferences and style of play ... things are far from equal.

TCU's defense sucked at times last year ... it was very good in 2014 and ravaged by injuries in 2015.

They've led the nation in defense under Patterson I believe 3 or 4 times ...

There are plenty of things to question Patterson about (namely QB play) ... defense isn't one of them
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Did I miss a WOOF????
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    You can't expect to compete with Mississippi State only 9 years removed from 0-12.