Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The adults in the room

12346»

Comments

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

The only way to get rid of profiteering is to get the government more involved. El. Oh. El.

Getting the government fully involved will lead to lower costs and better outcomes. There's no reason that a rich country like ours can't have a health care system as good as, say, Germany's.

Local businessman comes up to me this morning at the gym and asks me about our small business health insurance rate increases over the last several years. I tell him that we were dealing with generally worse coverage for more money, with an average of 10-15%/year increases since 2007. He then tells me that for the 600 people he insures his rates went up 11-18%/yr before Obamacare, then flattened out since it went into effect. He then told me the story, again, of how he tore up his knee skiing in France and had to have it reconstructed over there, and the total medical cost to fix it was 1/4 of what it would have cost if he had fucked up his knee in the US. A successful entrepreneur, and one of the richest guys in the county (and there's a fuckton of money in this county) knows our system is broken and can learn a lot from the Europeans. I'm inclined to give his thoughts on health care more weight then the basement boners in sweats here who blather HA! CANADA! like that's supposed to mean something.
    Why would anyone ask the homemaker about insurance rates? Let alone a rich as fuck entrepreneur. And please provide some links of the lotus fields and absinthe streams of German insurance. And why would a bigtime rich entrepreneur carry such a high deductible on his health insurance that He would have to pay 4x as much for a surgery here than He would in France. Why would such a savvy businessman leave himself exposed for such high out of pocket costs.

Look Tommy Boobs and noobs like dhdawg slurp your bullshit up like it's the serum. But at the end of the day you're a poser that is simply full of shit.
    He'd ask me because he knows that my wife owns/runs a local engineering firm, and that she and I have had to deal with providing health insurance for employees for the last ten years.

You really are dumb as a fucking rock. Rich (that's actually his name) entrepreneur didn't say it would cost him four times as much. He said it would cost four times as much because of what the medical establishment would charge him and his insurance for it.
    Look Tommy Boobs and noobs like dhdawg slurp your bullshit up like it's the serum. But at the end of the day you're a poser that is simply full of shit.

Worth repeating.
    Considering the source(s), I'll take it as a compliment

If either of you ever said anything nice about me I'd worry about where the fuck I'd gone so horribly wrong
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

The only way to get rid of profiteering is to get the government more involved. El. Oh. El.

Getting the government fully involved will lead to lower costs and better outcomes. There's no reason that a rich country like ours can't have a health care system as good as, say, Germany's.

Local businessman comes up to me this morning at the gym and asks me about our small business health insurance rate increases over the last several years. I tell him that we were dealing with generally worse coverage for more money, with an average of 10-15%/year increases since 2007. He then tells me that for the 600 people he insures his rates went up 11-18%/yr before Obamacare, then flattened out since it went into effect. He then told me the story, again, of how he tore up his knee skiing in France and had to have it reconstructed over there, and the total medical cost to fix it was 1/4 of what it would have cost if he had fucked up his knee in the US. A successful entrepreneur, and one of the richest guys in the county (and there's a fuckton of money in this county) knows our system is broken and can learn a lot from the Europeans. I'm inclined to give his thoughts on health care more weight then the basement boners in sweats here who blather HA! CANADA! like that's supposed to mean something.
    Why would anyone ask the homemaker about insurance rates? Let alone a rich as fuck entrepreneur. And please provide some links of the lotus fields and absinthe streams of German insurance. And why would a bigtime rich entrepreneur carry such a high deductible on his health insurance that He would have to pay 4x as much for a surgery here than He would in France. Why would such a savvy businessman leave himself exposed for such high out of pocket costs.

He'd ask me because he knows that my wife owns/runs a local engineering firm, and that she and I have had to deal with providing health insurance for employees for the last ten years.

You really are dumb as a fucking rock. Rich (that's actually his name) entrepreneur didn't say it would cost him four times as much. He said it would cost four times as much because of what the medical establishment would charge him and his insurance for it.

Worth repeating.
    Considering the source(s), I'll take it as a compliment

If either of you ever said anything nice about me I'd worry about where the fuck I'd gone so horribly wrong
    Cuck