Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The adults in the room

Comments

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028

AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

The only way to get rid of profiteering is to get the government more involved. El. Oh. El.

Getting the government fully involved will lead to lower costs and better outcomes. There's no reason that a rich country like ours can't have a health care system as good as, say, Germany's.

Local businessman comes up to me this morning at the gym and asks me about our small business health insurance rate increases over the last several years. I tell him that we were dealing with generally worse coverage for more money, with an average of 10-15%/year increases since 2007. He then tells me that for the 600 people he insures his rates went up 11-18%/yr before Obamacare, then flattened out since it went into effect. He then told me the story, again, of how he tore up his knee skiing in France and had to have it reconstructed over there, and the total medical cost to fix it was 1/4 of what it would have cost if he had fucked up his knee in the US. A successful entrepreneur, and one of the richest guys in the county (and there's a fuckton of money in this county) knows our system is broken and can learn a lot from the Europeans. I'm inclined to give his thoughts on health care more weight then the basement boners in sweats here who blather HA! CANADA! like that's supposed to mean something.
    The empirical evidence in this country says otherwise. Costs have gone up the more the government gets involved.
    The US of A =! Rest of World, TRUE?!?!!!!?!

Fuck that.

This.
    I went off googling for some sexy pics of her but was disappointed. She looks super hot in many of them but none are revealing enough to post.

Still might have to brb jo anyway
    Hot.

Hotter.

brb, jo.

shoutout to stoph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCpPEDCK5T0
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    In that first pic she's almost perfect looking.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

The only way to get rid of profiteering is to get the government more involved. El. Oh. El.

Getting the government fully involved will lead to lower costs and better outcomes. There's no reason that a rich country like ours can't have a health care system as good as, say, Germany's.

Local businessman comes up to me this morning at the gym and asks me about our small business health insurance rate increases over the last several years. I tell him that we were dealing with generally worse coverage for more money, with an average of 10-15%/year increases since 2007. He then tells me that for the 600 people he insures his rates went up 11-18%/yr before Obamacare, then flattened out since it went into effect. He then told me the story, again, of how he tore up his knee skiing in France and had to have it reconstructed over there, and the total medical cost to fix it was 1/4 of what it would have cost if he had fucked up his knee in the US. A successful entrepreneur, and one of the richest guys in the county (and there's a fuckton of money in this county) knows our system is broken and can learn a lot from the Europeans. I'm inclined to give his thoughts on health care more weight then the basement boners in sweats here who blather HA! CANADA! like that's supposed to mean something.
    The empirical evidence in this country says otherwise. Costs have gone up the more the government gets involved.
    I'm a bidnessman too and the Bear's buddy isn't as hot as he thinks he is when it comes to price
    I'll be sure to tell him you think so on Monday. He likes a good laugh.
    Big belly laughs in the media room?
    Probably more of a derisive snort.

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

And the empirical evidence in the rest of the rich developed world supports my contention, not yours. You want to fuck things up, make a stupid hybrid system for distorted markets, barriers to entry, local monopolies, opacity in pricing, and greedhead insurance and healthcare interests to keep the system feeding their insane profits. The last element is important; there won't be any decent movement on health care in this country until we get campaign finance reform.
    All those things are enabled by overregulation by the government. The socialized countries pay through high taxes.
    Yes, and the amount they pay for it in taxes is substantially lower than what we pay here either through premiums, lost wages, or copayments. People generally see their doctors more frequently than we do in the US, which helps with preventive care.
    How about they pay us full cost for our defense of them?
    Their security and defense is in our interest too, but I think you knew that. Stay on topic.
    This is on topic. Our defense is in their interest. You want what they have we have to level the field
    "We can't have effective health care like Europeans have (or Japanese or Koreans have) because we spent all the money defending them."

Auce argument.
    Thank you

We have great healthcare. We have idiots fucking up the delivery. You can always LEAVE

For some reason every one wants to come here
    I WAS BEING SARKASMIC

We do have great healthcare. It costs too much. It's a huge wealth redistribution to health care and pharmaceutical companies. Nobody else worth a shit does it this way, and for good reason.

Everyone does not want to come here. That's just what people like you like to tell themselves and others about how purrfect AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! is.
    People like me? That's racist

I was going to agree with the rest of the post

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

I'm a bidnessman too and the Bear's buddy isn't as hot as he thinks he is when it comes to price

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

And the empirical evidence in the rest of the rich developed world supports my contention, not yours. You want to fuck things up, make a stupid hybrid system for distorted markets, barriers to entry, local monopolies, opacity in pricing, and greedhead insurance and healthcare interests to keep the system feeding their insane profits. The last element is important; there won't be any decent movement on health care in this country until we get campaign finance reform.
    All those things are enabled by overregulation by the government. The socialized countries pay through high taxes.
    Yes, and the amount they pay for it in taxes is substantially lower than what we pay here either through premiums, lost wages, or copayments. People generally see their doctors more frequently than we do in the US, which helps with preventive care.
    Their security and defense is in our interest too, but I think you knew that. Stay on topic.
    This is on topic. Our defense is in their interest. You want what they have we have to level the field
    "We can't have effective health care like Europeans have (or Japanese or Koreans have) because we spent all the money defending them."

Auce argument.
    Thank you

We have great healthcare. We have idiots fucking up the delivery. You can always LEAVE

I WAS BEING SARKASMIC

We do have great healthcare. It costs too much. It's a huge wealth redistribution to health care and pharmaceutical companies. Nobody else worth a shit does it this way, and for good reason.

Everyone does not want to come here. That's just what people like you like to tell themselves and others about how purrfect AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! is.

People don't like you? I like you. In fact, I love you, man
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Auce argument.
    Thank you

I WAS BEING SARKASMIC

People don't like you? I like you. In fact, I love you, man
    I love you too man
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    Make doctors our slaves and their children can be taught to be slave doctors too.
    BAM! Free healthcare!

What else needs solving?
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Get rid of fucking insurance completely. In five years everything would be sorted out. Open heart surgery would still be around $25k. Billy Bob who lives in the trailer park would stop living on corn dogs because he knows when his ticker goes to shit it's over.

We have a problem that no other country had to face. They weren't retarded like us and got it right off the bat. We are super fucking unhealthy. The only way we could go to centralized medicine would be to take a very firm stance on taking care of yourself for about a decade.

The self induced diabetics have to go. The bill is going to be more than our defense budget regardless of what way we choose to go from here on out, but only one way has a positive outcome.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I guess Romney care sucks after all.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,969 Founders Club
    What better way to encourage healthy lifestyles than to have INDIVIDUALS be responsible for their own healthcare.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    PurpleJ said:

What better way to encourage healthy lifestyles than to have INDIVIDUALS be responsible for their own healthcare.

I agree up to a point, but shit like cancer happens to elite athletes and kids too, not just fat fucks that eat nachos and drink soda all day like it's water.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,612 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

Yeah, cause the majority of the country is smart enough to draw the connection that living an unhealthy lifestyle leads to higher rates of sickness and earlier deaths, plus more expensive healthcare.

When obese, Type 2 diabetic Aunt Myrtle dies, it's not because she ate like shit and never exercised. It's because it is "God's plan."

PurpleJ said:

I agree up to a point, but shit like cancer happens to elite athletes and kids too, not just fat fucks that eat nachos and drink soda all day like it's water.
    Then go cure cancer Tommy.
    whlinder said:

PurpleJ said:

Yeah, cause the majority of the country is smart enough to draw the connection that living an unhealthy lifestyle leads to higher rates of sickness and earlier deaths, plus more expensive healthcare.

When obese, Type 2 diabetic Aunt Myrtle dies, it's not because she ate like shit and never exercised. It's because it is "God's plan."
    When America decides to be healthy again, I won't care about healthcare. Until then, Myrtle can stay out of my risk pool and diaff if she can't pay.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,645 Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck that.

This.
    I went off googling for some sexy pics of her but was disappointed. She looks super hot in many of them but none are revealing enough to post.

Hot.

Hotter.

brb, jo.

Damn. brb, jo again.

AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck that.

This.

Hot.

Hotter.

brb, jo.

Damn. brb, jo again.
    Beat me to it.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

And for the last time. I will not bang your fat wife while you watch.

What about if I watch?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Why would anyone ask the homemaker about insurance rates? Let alone a rich as fuck entrepreneur. And please provide some links of the lotus fields and absinthe streams of German insurance. And why would a bigtime rich entrepreneur carry such a high deductible on his health insurance that He would have to pay 4x as much for a surgery here than He would in France. Why would such a savvy businessman leave himself exposed for such high out of pocket costs.

Look Tommy Boobs and noobs like dhdawg slurp your bullshit up like it's the serum. But at the end of the day you're a poser that is simply full of shit.
    I dont think I've heard poser used an an insult since middle school. Have an upvote
    salemcoog said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Why would anyone ask the homemaker about insurance rates? Let alone a rich as fuck entrepreneur. And please provide some links of the lotus fields and absinthe streams of German insurance. And why would a bigtime rich entrepreneur carry such a high deductible on his health insurance that He would have to pay 4x as much for a surgery here than He would in France. Why would such a savvy businessman leave himself exposed for such high out of pocket costs.

Look Tommy Boobs and noobs like dhdawg slurp your bullshit up like it's the serum. But at the end of the day you're a poser that is simply full of shit.
    He'd ask me because he knows that my wife owns/runs a local engineering firm, and that she and I have had to deal with providing health insurance for employees for the last ten years.

You really are dumb as a fucking rock. Rich (that's actually his name) entrepreneur didn't say it would cost him four times as much. He said it would cost four times as much because of what the medical establishment would charge him and his insurance for it.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

He'd ask me because he knows that my wife owns/runs a local engineering firm, and that she and I have had to deal with providing health insurance for employees for the last ten years.

You really are dumb as a fucking rock. Rich (that's actually his name) entrepreneur didn't say it would cost him four times as much. He said it would cost four times as much because of what the medical establishment would charge him and his insurance for it.

Worth repeating.