Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The adults in the room

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

doogie said:

Our health care system will remain fucked unless and until we stop incentivising poor people lead unhealthy lives.

Meat and vegetables are expensive compared to Cheerios and hot pockets.

But yeah. Being fat is probably the main cause of like half the issues.
    Buy veggies and chicken at an Asian supermarket. You can still eat for free, but you have to prepare it yourself, and of course clean up afterward.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    doogie said:

doogie said:

Our health care system will remain fucked unless and until we stop incentivising poor people lead unhealthy lives.

Meat and vegetables are expensive compared to Cheerios and hot pockets.

But yeah. Being fat is probably the main cause of like half the issues.
    Buy veggies and chicken at an Asian supermarket. You can still eat for free, but you have to prepare it yourself, and of course clean up afterward.
    Don't Tell me how to live my life fucko.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

The only way to get rid of profiteering is to get the government more involved. El. Oh. El.

Getting the government fully involved will lead to lower costs and better outcomes. There's no reason that a rich country like ours can't have a health care system as good as, say, Germany's.

Local businessman comes up to me this morning at the gym and asks me about our small business health insurance rate increases over the last several years. I tell him that we were dealing with generally worse coverage for more money, with an average of 10-15%/year increases since 2007. He then tells me that for the 600 people he insures his rates went up 11-18%/yr before Obamacare, then flattened out since it went into effect. He then told me the story, again, of how he tore up his knee skiing in France and had to have it reconstructed over there, and the total medical cost to fix it was 1/4 of what it would have cost if he had fucked up his knee in the US. A successful entrepreneur, and one of the richest guys in the county (and there's a fuckton of money in this county) knows our system is broken and can learn a lot from the Europeans. I'm inclined to give his thoughts on health care more weight then the basement boners in sweats here who blather HA! CANADA! like that's supposed to mean something.
    The empirical evidence in this country says otherwise. Costs have gone up the more the government gets involved.
    And the empirical evidence in the rest of the rich developed world supports my contention, not yours. You want to fuck things up, make a stupid hybrid system for distorted markets, barriers to entry, local monopolies, opacity in pricing, and greedhead insurance and healthcare interests to keep the system feeding their insane profits. The last element is important; there won't be any decent movement on health care in this country until we get campaign finance reform.
    All those things are enabled by overregulation by the government. The socialized countries pay through high taxes.
    Yes, and the amount they pay for it in taxes is substantially lower than what we pay here either through premiums, lost wages, or copayments. People generally see their doctors more frequently than we do in the US, which helps with preventive care.

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

The only way to get rid of profiteering is to get the government more involved. El. Oh. El.

Getting the government fully involved will lead to lower costs and better outcomes. There's no reason that a rich country like ours can't have a health care system as good as, say, Germany's.

Local businessman comes up to me this morning at the gym and asks me about our small business health insurance rate increases over the last several years. I tell him that we were dealing with generally worse coverage for more money, with an average of 10-15%/year increases since 2007. He then tells me that for the 600 people he insures his rates went up 11-18%/yr before Obamacare, then flattened out since it went into effect. He then told me the story, again, of how he tore up his knee skiing in France and had to have it reconstructed over there, and the total medical cost to fix it was 1/4 of what it would have cost if he had fucked up his knee in the US. A successful entrepreneur, and one of the richest guys in the county (and there's a fuckton of money in this county) knows our system is broken and can learn a lot from the Europeans. I'm inclined to give his thoughts on health care more weight then the basement boners in sweats here who blather HA! CANADA! like that's supposed to mean something.
    The empirical evidence in this country says otherwise. Costs have gone up the more the government gets involved.
    I'm a bidnessman too and the Bear's buddy isn't as hot as he thinks he is when it comes to price
    I'll be sure to tell him you think so on Monday. He likes a good laugh.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,663 Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

The US of A =! Rest of World, TRUE?!?!!!!?!

Fuck that.

This.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

And the empirical evidence in the rest of the rich developed world supports my contention, not yours. You want to fuck things up, make a stupid hybrid system for distorted markets, barriers to entry, local monopolies, opacity in pricing, and greedhead insurance and healthcare interests to keep the system feeding their insane profits. The last element is important; there won't be any decent movement on health care in this country until we get campaign finance reform.
    All those things are enabled by overregulation by the government. The socialized countries pay through high taxes.
    Yes, and the amount they pay for it in taxes is substantially lower than what we pay here either through premiums, lost wages, or copayments. People generally see their doctors more frequently than we do in the US, which helps with preventive care.
    How about they pay us full cost for our defense of them?
    BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

I'm a bidnessman too and the Bear's buddy isn't as hot as he thinks he is when it comes to price
    Big belly laughs in the media room?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

AZDuck said:

Human nature is undefeated and that's what you see at the VA. I am sure there are lots of good people there but there is no incentive to be great. It all pays the same. And the VA handles rationing by delaying care until the poor sod is dead. I am convinced uber national care for all would end up the same.

We have the best healthcare. We don't have the best insurance or delivery. We are smart enough to fix that without turning it over to fed employees.

This hybrid shit is what fucked it up in the first place.

Universal coverage would have to have some reason for the drones to give a fuck and make sure you get the right knee fixed when you tear it up skiing.

What the fuck do you know about the VA? I'm pretty happy with my care there.
    Well as long as your happy we won't worry about all the folks that got fucked there.

Its all about you

I was happy with pre Obamacare insurance. So fuck the fuck off
    Don't believe everything you hear on Fox news, buddy.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Bullshit. The crackhead with no teeth I just saw throw her food across the room complaining about the taste while sitting in a private fucking room, disagrees.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    doogie said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Bullshit. The crackhead with no teeth I just saw throw her food across the room complaining about the taste while sitting in a private fucking room, disagrees.
    Poor form to talk about your Mom that way.

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Their security and defense is in our interest too, but I think you knew that. Stay on topic.

AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck that.

This.
    I went off googling for some sexy pics of her but was disappointed. She looks super hot in many of them but none are revealing enough to post.

Still might have to brb jo anyway
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    doogie said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

what the fuck are you doing in a crackhead's private room?
    AZDuck said:

doogie said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

what the fuck are you doing in a crackhead's private room?
    If you have to ask...
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Their security and defense is in our interest too, but I think you knew that. Stay on topic.
    This is on topic. Our defense is in their interest. You want what they have we have to level the field
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Human nature is undefeated and that's what you see at the VA. I am sure there are lots of good people there but there is no incentive to be great. It all pays the same. And the VA handles rationing by delaying care until the poor sod is dead. I am convinced uber national care for all would end up the same.

We have the best healthcare. We don't have the best insurance or delivery. We are smart enough to fix that without turning it over to fed employees.

This hybrid shit is what fucked it up in the first place.

Universal coverage would have to have some reason for the drones to give a fuck and make sure you get the right knee fixed when you tear it up skiing.

What the fuck do you know about the VA? I'm pretty happy with my care there.
    Well as long as your happy we won't worry about all the folks that got fucked there.

Its all about you

I was happy with pre Obamacare insurance. So fuck the fuck off
    Don't believe everything you hear on Fox news, buddy.
    Weak

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Probably more of a derisive snort.

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

This is on topic. Our defense is in their interest. You want what they have we have to level the field
    "We can't have effective health care like Europeans have (or Japanese or Koreans have) because we spent all the money defending them."

Auce argument.
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

"We can't have effective health care like Europeans have (or Japanese or Koreans have) because we spent all the money defending them."

Auce argument.
    Thank you

We have great healthcare. We have idiots fucking up the delivery. You can always LEAVE

For some reason every one wants to come here
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,663 Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck that.

This.
    I went off googling for some sexy pics of her but was disappointed. She looks super hot in many of them but none are revealing enough to post.

Still might have to brb jo anyway
    Hot.

Hotter.

brb, jo.

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

BearsWiin said:

PurpleJ said:

Auce argument.
    Thank you

We have great healthcare. We have idiots fucking up the delivery. You can always LEAVE

For some reason every one wants to come here
    I WAS BEING SARKASMIC

We do have great healthcare. It costs too much. It's a huge wealth redistribution to health care and pharmaceutical companies. Nobody else worth a shit does it this way, and for good reason.

Everyone does not want to come here. That's just what people like you like to tell themselves and others about how purrfect AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! is.