Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #31: CINCO DE MAYO II

123457»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    edited May 2017

dnc said:

Warning - way too long response incoming. Don't read this unless you hate yourself. Seriously, don't do it.

Finally found time to listen semi zoned in to this monstrosity. Some random thoughts:

1. The festive music made me lol and surprisingly held up all the way through.

2. Speaking of all the way through...two 1/2 hours is LOOOOOOONG. May I suggest cutting future episodes into parts and releasing it over a span of a couple of days? This could have been three 45 minute parts rather easily (pt 1. spring practice and updated weights review, pt 2. husky draft review, pt 3. recruiting analysis...something like that). Would make it less daunting to listen to and rack up more listens/downloads/whatever the fuck metric you guys use. Win win.

3. @Dennis_DeYoung's haiku and alcohol induced admission that he's white broke my heart. Stay in character man!

4. LOL at hating on mixed kids tho. I still love you. No homo.

5. Teq telling anyone who thinks someone on that pod is a doog to fuck off - LMFAO. Petersen's excellence doesn't change wash away your doogy sins. Nor mine.

6. "No one in the conference talks about Taylor Rapp". I disagree pretty strongly here. I've seen him get tons of love this offseason. Every national or regional article talks about how UW is in good shape to replace the secondary thank especially to Taylor Rapp. Subjective awards bullshit plays well in such quarters and his frosh DPOY was big time, as were his four picks in UW's two biggest conference games. I know you still have a chip on your collective shoulders because he was chronically undervalued by the TBS sites but those days are behind us now. He's not being overlooked anymore.

7. DDY, great fucking info on Pete's player development prowess. Especially loved the data on how much better he was at turning 2 stars into first rounders at Boise than everyone else. He's the shit.

8. Enjoyed the data on how many offers we? have out vis a vis other programs as well. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi any chance you also have our current number of 2019 offers relative to USC and Oregon?

9. Qualls isn't a dumbass for coming out. He's a dumbass for not getting in shape. He had damn near four months from the BAMA game to the draft. If he gave a shit he could have done fine in the draft, because as you guys noted, he had the tape. But if he didn't give a shit about his draft stock (and he obviously didn't), it wouldn't have gotten better next year. He wasn't going to put up better tape next season. And he wouldn't have come back as the man on the DL either. That was always going to be Vea.

In conclusion, yes he's a dumbass. But for different reasons than you guys cited.

10. Really interesting discussion about what Pac12 (Ten!) school you would choose after UW if you wanted to get drafted. Utah is a great choice for everyone except WR and QB as someone (Teq?) noted. I think you guys are underrating Stanford though. My guess (and I could be wrong) is that this year was an anomaly and Shaw does a lot better than 2 picks per draft. Even so, two first round picks is two first round picks. I think Stanford has to be in the discussion.

The interesting school to me is Colorado, specifically in the secondary. Their secondary was great last year, and really well coached/developed. Great athletes too. The question is, was this a Leavitt thing, or a DB coach (and if so, did he stick around or jump ship as well? Little help @BuffBuffPass?). My guess is Colorado is no longer a thing with Leavitt gone, but it will be chinteresting to see develop.

11. ?

12. Profit

Clark was the DBs coach and went to Oregon with Leavitt. Leavitt's past is as a LBs coach so he didn't likely have as much to do with the secondary but he did help bring an overall attitude to the D. MacIntyre's past is as a DB coach and he was rumored to have substantial involvement in the secondary.

I have to imagine the secondary will take a step back this year, losing 3 draft picks. However, the replacements played well in limited duty last year and there are a couple JC guys coming in. I'd expect them to be OK, but not great.
    I love @BuffBuffPass. Thank you for giving a shit about the Buffs when no one else does around here.

My hope is one day we have a fan from every other school to talk about them with.

The problem is no one even knows Arizona has a football team, so that's going to be a tough nut to crack.

And Stanford? How do we find the Stanford fan? He's elusive.
    Are there any UCLA fans now that @Ballsacked died? Even he wasn't a real fan.
    I specifically left out UCLA "fans" for this very reason. It is preposterous to even posit there could be such a thing as a UCLA fan.
    Aside from accidentally watching the 2013 UCLA vs ASU game in DC in the UCLA alumni bar I don't think I've ever met a UCLA football fan.

That was some uncomfortable shit.
    It was only when I lived in LA did I realize there are no UCLA fans and most of USC's fans think they are a pro team.
    2 years ago when I moved back to AZ from the east coast in the temporary 6 months lease apartment my ghetto (mexican) next door neighbor (who lived with his parents) was a big UCLA fan. So we'd watch games together and every time I asked why he is a UCLA fan he would give me some long winded explanation of LA raiders (he grew up in LA) and an issue with another Mexican family that was usc and bullshit bullshit bullshit.

He's the only other one I've ever met.

They aren't sending their best.

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,170
    Like @Dennis_DeYoung noted 88 minutes in, this was a really strong pod for @Tequilla

And in a rare situation it was down to @CokeGreaterThanPepsi vs Teq for haikus (albeit with Coker prevailing which isn't particularly unusual).
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Mad_Son said:

Like @Dennis_DeYoung noted 88 minutes in, this was a really strong pod for @Tequilla

And in a rare situation it was down to @CokeGreaterThanPepsi vs Teq for haikus (albeit with Coker prevailing which isn't particularly unusual).

FUCK YES
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    If only Pepsi came strong for the first 120 minutes of a pod ...
    Mad_Son said:

I get the vibe there is a prepod content review call and cokesie shares his ideas that Teq and DDY think are stupid but then they rip them off during the pod in true shit-tier MBA fashion.

That's definitely how I envision it as well. "Coker don't tell that story, it's boring."

Next day DDY or Teq are sharing the story, albeit more drunkenly.
    And more entertaingly

I get the vibe there is a prepod content review call and cokesie shares his ideas that Teq and DDY think are stupid but then they rip them off during the pod in true shit-tier MBA fashion.

I cannot confirm or deny this