Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #31: CINCO DE MAYO II

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,016 Founders Club
    Did I get a shoutout?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    I like the Lenius Taylor Swift comment. White people are so stupid.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Big and stiff? Jesus.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

tenndawg said:

Listening to these podcasts makes me wonder what the fuck is wrong with me - I actually rewind parts:

"Black people know what's up - white people are 'I want to go to the mall, I like Taylor Swift...' "

And knowing the players have a salad bar, appetizer and choice of 3 or 4 entrees is just priceless info

I'm such a fuckwad loser

As long as you aren't busking shitty Taylor Swift covers on the Gibson knock off @tenndawg , you're not a fuckwad loser in our book.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    The stats part is killing me. Should not have been as hard as it was.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,795
    BaldwinIV said:

The stats part is killing me. Should not have been as hard as it was.

OK Bill James.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    @Gladstone - Honestly, I put the most stock in rare humans, but I care about both.

Bishop Sankey is a guy who is not particularly rare, but was a 4-star and lived up to every bit of that.

Given that stars primarily reflect offers, I think they are, to some extent, a Nate Silver-esque variable where you are getting a lot of wisdom boiled down into that rating. That's why they're so predictive even though fucking Greg Biggins is involved (to be fair to Greg he's one of the better guys).

I don't like all 4 and 5 star guys more than the lower rated players, of course, but I think if you are going into the 3-star cesspool, you better come back with something rare (Ali Gaye, Joe Tryon) rather than something try-hard.

Of course there are always exceptions, but the rules are pretty clear: get higher rated, more rare guys.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited May 2017

I love you guys and I love margaritas - especially with horny-itos hundred percento de agave tequil(l)a - but please for the love of Pete, don't call them Margs.

THAT'S WHAT MY FRIEND SARA RICE CALLED THEM IN DALLAS YOU FUCKER.

I LEARNED IT FROM HER.

FLAG AWAY.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Kentrell Love at FS answers a lot of questions for me. I knew Gilchrist was someone who could supply Safety Depth, but didn't know about Love. I was curious how this DB class would shape up if 2 or 3 safeties were leaving and only Gilchrist from the last class was going to end up there (even though I know he's getting some time outside as well). Obviously we'll take both Gordon and Tre'Shaun because of their talent level, but do you think they'd be okay with only 2 in Irvin and Tre'Shaun if Gordon looks elsewhere (same could be say for Tre'Shaun too).
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

skinned said:

Recognizing my opinion doesn't matter at all, I wanted to share that I seriously love these fuckin podcasts. You guys have great chemistry and share more husky football knowledge/insight than you can find anywhere else. Love that shit. By far the best podcast I've ever listened to (i.e. You're better than "Serial" and "Manager Tool Basics")

You're right in that your opinion doesn't matter at all. Though that didn't stop me from reading this to my parents to get their approval. They didn't GAF.

So, your opinion doesn't seem to matter to them either, for the record.
    What Dennis didn't say was thank you for listening and taking the time to give your opinion ...
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

I called in to talk DAWGS but the modem disconnected. Is the Friday Harbour number still good? Does it connect to iTunes ?

AIDS
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    BaldwinIV said:

Gladstone said:

Thank fucking god. This thread and pod might temporarily save the dreckfest that our once-beloved main bored has become.

If you can't appreciate the offseason greatness that is the main bored, you really belong over on Doogpound.
    This is my first offseason here but it seems to consist largely of you floating from thread to thread, adhering to some weird code that only you seem to follow, and you use the WTF and Flag buttons like a Chinaman uses his honking horn.
    Chinsightful.