Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #31: CINCO DE MAYO II

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,892 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2017
    Penis Stew
    Time 120 minutes Serves 4
    Ingredients

1 pound of penis, ram's or bull's
    3 tbls. oil
    1 large chopped onion
    2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
    1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
    1 tsp salt
    freshly ground black pepper
    How to make it

Scald the penis, then drain and clean (doesn't say how you clean a penis. Not sure a guy would know since this penis is, well . . . never mind).
    Place the penis in a saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil.
    Remove any scum, then simmer for 10 minutes.
    Drain and slice.
    Heat the oil in a large skillet.
    Add the onion, garlic, and coriander and fry until the onion is golden.
    Add the penis slices and fry on both sides for a few minutes.
    Stir in the remaining ingredients with a good grinding of pepper, add enough water to cover, and bring to a boil.
    Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for about 2 hours, or until tender.
    Add a little water from time to time if necessary to prevent burning.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited May 2017
    Tequilla said:

Thanks for the comments @dnc

Regarding pod length, this may sound crazy but there are a lot of people that really like our pod length as they do a lot of listening on flights, traffic, etc.

But it is definitely a fair point and something we always struggle with as we normally aim for 90-120 minute pods ... one thing we won't do though is stop a pod because we are X amount of time into it ... IMO by far the best aspect of this pod was the 20 or so minutes leading into Haiku's ...

I'm still holding out hope that someday we will get to 100 downloads ... Dennis and Pepsi think I'm crazy

I wasn't suggesting stopping your conversation since you're x minutes in, just that you could splice it down after the fact.

Not sure if serious, but I don't think 100 downloads is out of reach at all.

I will say that if you're shooting for growth the fact your hardcore listeners might not be scared off by the long pods shouldn't factor in. To someone looking at you on itunes who has never listened I imagine that length could scare them off.

Regardless, I'll leave it alone from there, its your pod and you guys do good work.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Thanks for listening @dnc. To point #2, the funny thing is that our longest podcasts are, without question, our most downloaded podcasts, this one has a chance to maybe get into the 20 download range! Trust me, we talk a LOT about length of pods, but people listen to those long ones. In season we will for sure try to be shorter, and it also helps save @Dennis_DeYoung from hours of editing when we can keep it under 90 minutes.

Point 6, I love Taylor Rapp and I just want him all to myself. Purely selfish, fully admit it. You are right.

Point 10, Colorado is a good call for that shit, but we need to see more proof in their pudding. Stanford is interesting because they have recruited so well, but they just don't seem to be developing guys all that well, honestly.

Point 12, I take donations and bribes.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Definitely not saying that you were ... but it's part of the reason we run long at times besides having 2 blowhards like Dennis and I not helping (the pod would be 5 minutes of dead air if Pepsi was in charge ...

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Regarding pod length, this may sound crazy but there are a lot of people that really like our pod length as they do a lot of listening on flights, traffic, etc.

But it is definitely a fair point and something we always struggle with as we normally aim for 90-120 minute pods ... one thing we won't do though is stop a pod because we are X amount of time into it ... IMO by far the best aspect of this pod was the 20 or so minutes leading into Haiku's ...

I'm still holding out hope that someday we will get to 100 downloads ... Dennis and Pepsi think I'm crazy

I wasn't suggesting stopping your conversation since you're x minutes in, just that you could splice it down after the fact.

I will say that if you're shooting for growth the fact your hardcore listeners might not be scared off by the long pods shouldn't factor in. To someone looking at you on itunes who has never listened I imagine that length could scare them off.

Regardless, I'll leave it alone from there, its your pod and you guys do good work.
    No, seriously, feel free to give feedback anytime. Everything you are bringing up, the three of us have discussed, so it's not like you are insulting us or anything.

For me, our signing day pod and the cinco pod will always be two of the longest just because we have so much to talk about for signing day, and then cinco lines up with post spring and the shit fest that is tequilla and dennis drinking.

The problem with breaking up the pods is editing for dennis (more tim) and storage issues on the backend (that's what she said).
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Thanks for listening @dnc. To point #2, the funny thing is that our longest podcasts are, without question, our most downloaded podcasts, this one has a chance to maybe get into the 20 download range! Trust me, we talk a LOT about length of pods, but people listen to those long ones. In season we will for sure try to be shorter, and it also helps save @Dennis_DeYoung from hours of editing when we can keep it under 90 minutes.

Point 6, I love Taylor Rapp and I just want him all to myself. Purely selfish, fully admit it. You are right.

Point 10, Colorado is a good call for that shit, but we need to see more proof in their pudding. Stanford is interesting because they have recruited so well, but they just don't seem to be developing guys all that well, honestly.

What makes you say this other than this year's draft? Here are their last four draft classes.

2014 - 6 players drafted (one second round, one fourth, two fifths, one sixth and a seventh)
    2015 - 6 players drafted (one first, a second, three thirds and a fifth)
    2016 - 5 players drafted (one first, one third, one fourth, one fifth and a sixth)
    2017 - 2 players drafted (two first)

Four year total - 19 players drafted (average of 4.75 per year).
    Four first round/day picks, six second day picks (two second rounders, four third rounders), 9 third day picks (two fourths, four fifth, two six, one seventh).

That's not BAMA level productivity but I'd be surprised if there's more than 10 or 15 programs that have done better in that span.

I don't think there's evidence they're underachieving.
    dnc said:

What makes you say this other than this year's draft? Here are their last four draft classes.

2014 - 6 players drafted (one second round, one fourth, two fifths, one sixth and a seventh)
    2016 - 5 players drafted (one first, one third, one fourth, one fifth and a sixth)

Four first round/day picks, six second day picks (two second rounders, four third rounders), 9 third day picks (two fourths, four fifth, two six, one seventh).

That's not BAMA level productivity but I'd be surprised if there's more than 10 or 15 programs that have done better in that span.

Fuck you and your stats, I'm just going to go gently sob in the corner, because you wrecked me. I hadn't looked at their numbers like that. I just felt like they didn't hit in the draft like that. Well done, sir. And fuck you.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I hear a move to Friday Harbor can do wonders for the traffic.
  • BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    dnc said:

Warning - way too long response incoming. Don't read this unless you hate yourself. Seriously, don't do it.

Finally found time to listen semi zoned in to this monstrosity. Some random thoughts:

1. The festive music made me lol and surprisingly held up all the way through.

2. Speaking of all the way through...two 1/2 hours is LOOOOOOONG. May I suggest cutting future episodes into parts and releasing it over a span of a couple of days? This could have been three 45 minute parts rather easily (pt 1. spring practice and updated weights review, pt 2. husky draft review, pt 3. recruiting analysis...something like that). Would make it less daunting to listen to and rack up more listens/downloads/whatever the fuck metric you guys use. Win win.

3. @Dennis_DeYoung's haiku and alcohol induced admission that he's white broke my heart. Stay in character man!

4. LOL at hating on mixed kids tho. I still love you. No homo.

5. Teq telling anyone who thinks someone on that pod is a doog to fuck off - LMFAO. Petersen's excellence doesn't change wash away your doogy sins. Nor mine.

6. "No one in the conference talks about Taylor Rapp". I disagree pretty strongly here. I've seen him get tons of love this offseason. Every national or regional article talks about how UW is in good shape to replace the secondary thank especially to Taylor Rapp. Subjective awards bullshit plays well in such quarters and his frosh DPOY was big time, as were his four picks in UW's two biggest conference games. I know you still have a chip on your collective shoulders because he was chronically undervalued by the TBS sites but those days are behind us now. He's not being overlooked anymore.

7. DDY, great fucking info on Pete's player development prowess. Especially loved the data on how much better he was at turning 2 stars into first rounders at Boise than everyone else. He's the shit.

8. Enjoyed the data on how many offers we? have out vis a vis other programs as well. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi any chance you also have our current number of 2019 offers relative to USC and Oregon?

9. Qualls isn't a dumbass for coming out. He's a dumbass for not getting in shape. He had damn near four months from the BAMA game to the draft. If he gave a shit he could have done fine in the draft, because as you guys noted, he had the tape. But if he didn't give a shit about his draft stock (and he obviously didn't), it wouldn't have gotten better next year. He wasn't going to put up better tape next season. And he wouldn't have come back as the man on the DL either. That was always going to be Vea.

In conclusion, yes he's a dumbass. But for different reasons than you guys cited.

10. Really interesting discussion about what Pac12 (Ten!) school you would choose after UW if you wanted to get drafted. Utah is a great choice for everyone except WR and QB as someone (Teq?) noted. I think you guys are underrating Stanford though. My guess (and I could be wrong) is that this year was an anomaly and Shaw does a lot better than 2 picks per draft. Even so, two first round picks is two first round picks. I think Stanford has to be in the discussion.

The interesting school to me is Colorado, specifically in the secondary. Their secondary was great last year, and really well coached/developed. Great athletes too. The question is, was this a Leavitt thing, or a DB coach (and if so, did he stick around or jump ship as well? Little help @BuffBuffPass?). My guess is Colorado is no longer a thing with Leavitt gone, but it will be chinteresting to see develop.

11. ?

12. Profit

Clark was the DBs coach and went to Oregon with Leavitt. Leavitt's past is as a LBs coach so he didn't likely have as much to do with the secondary but he did help bring an overall attitude to the D. MacIntyre's past is as a DB coach and he was rumored to have substantial involvement in the secondary.

I have to imagine the secondary will take a step back this year, losing 3 draft picks. However, the replacements played well in limited duty last year and there are a couple JC guys coming in. I'd expect them to be OK, but not great.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

I will try to take a look at their historical picks this week and put a summary together ...

I'm not a huge Shaw fan ... I think he's largely overrated ... next 2 years will be very telling
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    dnc said:

Warning - way too long response incoming. Don't read this unless you hate yourself. Seriously, don't do it.

Finally found time to listen semi zoned in to this monstrosity. Some random thoughts:

2. Speaking of all the way through...two 1/2 hours is LOOOOOOONG. May I suggest cutting future episodes into parts and releasing it over a span of a couple of days? This could have been three 45 minute parts rather easily (pt 1. spring practice and updated weights review, pt 2. husky draft review, pt 3. recruiting analysis...something like that). Would make it less daunting to listen to and rack up more listens/downloads/whatever the fuck metric you guys use. Win win.

3. @Dennis_DeYoung's haiku and alcohol induced admission that he's white broke my heart. Stay in character man!

5. Teq telling anyone who thinks someone on that pod is a doog to fuck off - LMFAO. Petersen's excellence doesn't change wash away your doogy sins. Nor mine.

6. "No one in the conference talks about Taylor Rapp". I disagree pretty strongly here. I've seen him get tons of love this offseason. Every national or regional article talks about how UW is in good shape to replace the secondary thank especially to Taylor Rapp. Subjective awards bullshit plays well in such quarters and his frosh DPOY was big time, as were his four picks in UW's two biggest conference games. I know you still have a chip on your collective shoulders because he was chronically undervalued by the TBS sites but those days are behind us now. He's not being overlooked anymore.

7. DDY, great fucking info on Pete's player development prowess. Especially loved the data on how much better he was at turning 2 stars into first rounders at Boise than everyone else. He's the shit.

8. Enjoyed the data on how many offers we? have out vis a vis other programs as well. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi any chance you also have our current number of 2019 offers relative to USC and Oregon?

9. Qualls isn't a dumbass for coming out. He's a dumbass for not getting in shape. He had damn near four months from the BAMA game to the draft. If he gave a shit he could have done fine in the draft, because as you guys noted, he had the tape. But if he didn't give a shit about his draft stock (and he obviously didn't), it wouldn't have gotten better next year. He wasn't going to put up better tape next season. And he wouldn't have come back as the man on the DL either. That was always going to be Vea.

In conclusion, yes he's a dumbass. But for different reasons than you guys cited.

10. Really interesting discussion about what Pac12 (Ten!) school you would choose after UW if you wanted to get drafted. Utah is a great choice for everyone except WR and QB as someone (Teq?) noted. I think you guys are underrating Stanford though. My guess (and I could be wrong) is that this year was an anomaly and Shaw does a lot better than 2 picks per draft. Even so, two first round picks is two first round picks. I think Stanford has to be in the discussion.

The interesting school to me is Colorado, specifically in the secondary. Their secondary was great last year, and really well coached/developed. Great athletes too. The question is, was this a Leavitt thing, or a DB coach (and if so, did he stick around or jump ship as well? Little help @BuffBuffPass?). My guess is Colorado is no longer a thing with Leavitt gone, but it will be chinteresting to see develop.

11. ?

12. Profit

I don't remember any of that stuff. I just remember being drunk.

dnc said:

11. ?

12. Profit

Clark was the DBs coach and went to Oregon with Leavitt. Leavitt's past is as a LBs coach so he didn't likely have as much to do with the secondary but he did help bring an overall attitude to the D. MacIntyre's past is as a DB coach and he was rumored to have substantial involvement in the secondary.

I have to imagine the secondary will take a step back this year, losing 3 draft picks. However, the replacements played well in limited duty last year and there are a couple JC guys coming in. I'd expect them to be OK, but not great.
    I love @BuffBuffPass. Thank you for giving a shit about the Buffs when no one else does around here.

My hope is one day we have a fan from every other school to talk about them with.

The problem is no one even knows Arizona has a football team, so that's going to be a tough nut to crack.

And Stanford? How do we find the Stanford fan? He's elusive.
    Are there any UCLA fans now that @Ballsacked died? Even he wasn't a real fan.
    I specifically left out UCLA "fans" for this very reason. It is preposterous to even posit there could be such a thing as a UCLA fan.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    edited May 2017

dnc said:

11. ?

12. Profit

I love @BuffBuffPass. Thank you for giving a shit about the Buffs when no one else does around here.

My hope is one day we have a fan from every other school to talk about them with.

The problem is no one even knows Arizona has a football team, so that's going to be a tough nut to crack.

I specifically left out UCLA "fans" for this very reason. It is preposterous to even posit there could be such a thing as a UCLA fan.
    Aside from accidentally watching the 2013 UCLA vs ASU game in DC in the UCLA alumni bar I don't think I've ever met a UCLA football fan.

That was some uncomfortable shit.

dnc said:

11. ?

12. Profit

Aside from accidentally watching the 2013 UCLA vs ASU game in DC in the UCLA alumni bar I don't think I've ever met a UCLA football fan.

That was some uncomfortable shit.
    It was only when I lived in LA did I realize there are no UCLA fans and most of USC's fans think they are a pro team.