Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #31: CINCO DE MAYO II

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Gladstone said:

Swaye said:

I loved it but am going to say I hated it because I got no shout out. I'm needy

wtf yes you did

unless i'm going crazy
    Clear case of abundance???
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

We should only shoutout REAL TSIO Podcast listeners that listen IMMEDIATELY

I feel that you guys gave Utah too much credit. You should have talked about how the fuck do you have 8 players drafted and you can't fucking win the division. SAD
    The south is loaded IMO
    ballbag!!!?? TRUE??!?!?!
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309
    So much hot Texas talk....

And the sound effect of an almost totally melted pitcher of rita was nice

@RoadDawg55!!!!TRUE????
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Come on, even though I'm late this one time, I will still count in your Nielsen ratings.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    89ute said:

Tequilla said:

I feel that you guys gave Utah too much credit. You should have talked about how the fuck do you have 8 players drafted and you can't fucking win the division. SAD
    Still holes in the roster, something about a chain and weak link? This is what some of our non-NFL players do, watch two of our DBs allow Gaskin to waltz into the endzone, unblocked! Come on, this is Psalm level shit play.

https://youtu.be/GgwhvMMXwfI
    @PostGameOrangeSlices, TRUE?!?!?!?!?!?
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Shoutout to Auburndawg
  • BabushkaBabushka Member Posts: 211
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Swaye said:

I loved it but am going to say I hated it because I got no shout out. I'm needy

wtf yes you did

unless i'm going crazy
    I zone out pretty often so maybe that's what happened here.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    89ute said:

My schedule held up and I was able to listen to the pod today as planned. Way fucking good guys, thank you.

Given all the things you covered and looking at all the posts, I think you have some listeners that don't listen to the whole thing, which is a fucking shame. For example, no one brought up the amount of offers the other Pac 10 schools put out compared to Worshington. (see what I did there?) It's fucking mind blowing that Worshington has 8 commits off of 40 offers, 7 of which are blue chips. Talk about expected value? Fuck, that's a program that has this recruiting shit drilled. the. fuck. down! Then you got Oregon flinging shit against the wall with 133 offers, followed by UCLA. Regarding the SEC, very interesting stuff there too.

As you were going through the offer totals for the rest of the conference it made my dick shrivel to hear Utah has flung out 104 offers. I thought we were more efficient that that, but hey, we have two 4 star commits and one 3 star so far.

I knew our instate recruiting sucked but to hear you guys pull 90% of who you offer made my dick shrivel even more. Fuck. We only have two Utah kids (both 3 stars) in our 2017 class and we all know about the blue chips that went to other programs. Fuck.

Okay @Tequilla, why are you back pedalling on your positive comments about Utah? Furthermore, you dish out a backhanded complement that the balance of our draft picks were late rounds. WeakarmCobra calls you out about it and you tuck your cock between your ass cheeks and agree with him. Then you go on to say you think Whittingham is 2nd because the rest of the Pac 12 sucks? What the fuck? You're either good at developing talent or your not regardless what Graham, Macintyre etc. are doing. So Teq, I wan't to present you with both a challenge, and a question. You made the case that Pete, while at Boise St, put a lot of guys in the NFL what were two stars, some were 1st rounders. Run the stats on both Petersen and Whittingham. # of NFL players, star ranking, when taken in the draft, the more minutiae the better. I'm not claiming one is better than the other at developing talent but I think the information that you mine would be interesting. Yes, I want to beat my meat over the fact that we had 8 players drafted, but I quickly remember that we only had one drafted last year. Overall, we have put a hell of a lot of players into the NFL even though we are not a blue chip program.

As far as our late rounders, these are all 3 star guys, 2 star in Joe Williams' case and one dude totally unranked (Pita Taumoepenu). Plus, look at these guys' offers. Nobody wanted these guys.

DDY, I love you too. Thank you for the mention. Teq and Coker have been good to me too, but more importantly your podcast is outstanding and that's why I listen to the whole thing, including the Janet Reno song at the end.

Shame on all the Doogs out there that are not taking advantage of what you are delivering on these podcasts.

Oh, almost forgot. We've had two Pakistani players on our team, Sausan Shakerin and Bo Nagahi.

I'm hearing Tequilla will answer these questions on the next TSIO podcast. You won't want to miss it ;)
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I will try to get around it @89ute ...

If I'm giving the impression that I'm playing both sides on Wittingham that's not my intention ...

I have a lot of respect for Wittingham (I've been very consistent in that) and what he gets out of his team ... the more I look at it the more I'm convinced that Utah is a very difficult job in this conference and I'm not sure what needs to change (will go into this in more detail when not on my phone) ...

As for the draft picks, the only part that I was getting after there was that while the 8 or 9 picks Utah had was impressive ... it must be noted that all but 2 were 3rd day picks ... is being a 7th round pick better or worse than being a UFA? You can definitely argue UFA ...

And regarding Whittingham as 2nd best coach in conference, it is hard for me to say that he clearly is given 1) he hasn't won his division/conference in the P12 and that he tends to hover around 5-4 or 6-3 ... that he has never really answered the QB/WR issue during the balance of his tenure is also an issue. But I put him ahead of Shaw because I feel like Utah generally does a better job maximizing their talent - and that is a reflection of Wittingham.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

If I'm giving the impression that I'm playing both sides on Wittingham that's not my intention ...

I have a lot of respect for Wittingham (I've been very consistent in that) and what he gets out of his team ... the more I look at it the more I'm convinced that Utah is a very difficult job in this conference and I'm not sure what needs to change (will go into this in more detail when not on my phone) ...

As for the draft picks, the only part that I was getting after there was that while the 8 or 9 picks Utah had was impressive ... it must be noted that all but 2 were 3rd day picks ... is being a 7th round pick better or worse than being a UFA? You can definitely argue UFA ...

And regarding Whittingham as 2nd best coach in conference, it is hard for me to say that he clearly is given 1) he hasn't won his division/conference in the P12 and that he tends to hover around 5-4 or 6-3 ... that he has never really answered the QB/WR issue during the balance of his tenure is also an issue. But I put him ahead of Shaw because I feel like Utah generally does a better job maximizing their talent - and that is a reflection of Wittingham.

This will be interesting. I did some checking. Pete took over Boise St in 2006 and Whitt in 2005. Both were impactful coordinators at their respective programs prior to being the HC. So Pete's 1st draft class would be 2007 and Whitt's 2006. For comparison I threw out Whitt's 1st class, which was two 7th round picks.

Starting in 2007, Pete has put 31 guys in the NFL. Since he took over in 2014 you might have to give a little credit to Sark for the 2015 class, which had 4 picks, three 1st round and one 2nd round. You can't give Pete all the credit for this particular class but there is enough data here to support that Pete's a hell of a developer.

Whitt since 2007 has put 32 guys in the NFL. I also wrote down the rounds each pick went but it's a big fucking mess on my yellow pad. No discernible pattern, both coaches have picks all over the place. I'm betting the star value of the players will work out to be negligible because Utah and Boise St pretty much attracted similar talent. Pete has had arguably only two Pac-12 classes (16 & 17) and the star value for those guys are probably higher than anything Whitt had to work with since our entry in 2011, given you're Worshington and all. What I think we will see is the average star value of the Utah guys something a little less than 3. Pete's Pac-12 sample isn't as big but I'm interested to see it anyway.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    Pepsi,

What was the story about Nick Harris' helmet that your drunken co-hosts wouldn't let you tell?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Pepsi,

What was the story about Nick Harris' helmet that your drunken co-hosts wouldn't let you tell?

Yeah, what was that?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    89ute said:

Tequilla said:

This will be interesting. I did some checking. Pete took over Boise St in 2006 and Whitt in 2005. Both were impactful coordinators at their respective programs prior to being the HC. So Pete's 1st draft class would be 2007 and Whitt's 2006. For comparison I threw out Whitt's 1st class, which was two 7th round picks.

Starting in 2007, Pete has put 31 guys in the NFL. Since he took over in 2014 you might have to give a little credit to Sark for the 2015 class, which had 4 picks, three 1st round and one 2nd round. You can't give Pete all the credit for this particular class but there is enough data here to support that Pete's a hell of a developer.

Whitt since 2007 has put 32 guys in the NFL. I also wrote down the rounds each pick went but it's a big fucking mess on my yellow pad. No discernible pattern, both coaches have picks all over the place. I'm betting the star value of the players will work out to be negligible because Utah and Boise St pretty much attracted similar talent. Pete has had arguably only two Pac-12 classes (16 & 17) and the star value for those guys are probably higher than anything Whitt had to work with since our entry in 2011, given you're Worshington and all. What I think we will see is the average star value of the Utah guys something a little less than 3. Pete's Pac-12 sample isn't as big but I'm interested to see it anyway.
    I didn't know you were gay.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    89ute said:

As far as our late rounders, these are all 3 star guys, 2 star in Joe Williams' case and one dude totally unranked (Pita Taumoepenu). Plus, look at these guys' offers. Nobody wanted these guys.

DDY, I love you too. Thank you for the mention. Teq and Coker have been good to me too, but more importantly your podcast is outstanding and that's why I listen to the whole thing, including the Janet Reno song at the end.

Shame on all the Doogs out there that are not taking advantage of what you are delivering on these podcasts.

Oh, almost forgot. We've had two Pakistani players on our team, Sausan Shakerin and Bo Nagahi.

FREE PUB11!1!111
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

89ute said:

Tequilla said:

I didn't know you were gay.
    He's a member here.

Hth
    Fine. I didn't know he was gay and a submissive bitchy bottom like Tia @Tequilla