Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #31: CINCO DE MAYO II

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I love you guys and I love margaritas - especially with horny-itos hundred percento de agave tequil(l)a - but please for the love of Pete, don't call them Margs.

That's the hipster in Dennis coming to the forefront
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

The Battle of Puebla (Spanish: Batalla de Puebla) took place on 5 May 1862, near the city of Puebla during the French intervention in Mexico. The battle ended in a victory for the Mexican Army over the occupying French soldiers. The French eventually overran the Mexicans in subsequent battles, but the Mexican victory at Puebla against a much better equipped and larger[5] French army provided a significant morale boost to the Mexican army and also helped slow the French army's advance towards Mexico City. There were a total of approx. 12,000 soldiers in the war, 8,000 French 4,000 Mexican. 462 French soldiers died in combat. Only 83 Mexican soldiers died in the battle.

The Mexican victory is celebrated yearly on the fifth of May. Its celebration is regional in Mexico, primarily in the state of Puebla,[6][7][8][9] where the holiday is celebrated as El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (English: The Day of the Battle of Puebla).[10][11][12] There is some limited recognition of the holiday in other parts of the country although this holiday remains very popular in the United States where it is celebrated yearly as Cinco de Mayo.

The 1858–60 the Mexican civil war known as The Reform War had caused major distress throughout Mexico's economy. When taking office as the elected president in 1861, Benito Juárez was forced to suspend payments of interest on foreign debts for a period of two years. At the end of October 1861 diplomats from Spain, France, and Britain met in London to form the Tripartite Alliance, with the main purpose of launching an allied invasion of Mexico, taking control of Veracruz, its major port, and forcing the Mexican government to negotiate terms for repaying its debts and for reparations for alleged harm to foreign citizens in Mexico. In December 1861, Spanish troops landed in Veracruz; British and French followed in early January. The allied forces occupied Veracruz and advanced to Orizaba. However, the Tripartite Alliance fell apart by early April 1862, when it became clear the French wanted to impose harsh demands on the Juarez government and provoke a war. The British and Spanish withdrew, leaving the French to march alone on Mexico City. Napoleon III wanted to set up a puppet Mexican regime.

La Batalla de Puebla tuvo lugar el 5 de mayo de 1862, cerca de la ciudad de Puebla durante la intervención francesa en México. La batalla terminó en una victoria para el ejército mexicano sobre los soldados franceses de ocupación. Los franceses eventualmente invadieron a los mexicanos en batallas subsiguientes, pero la victoria mexicana en Puebla contra un ejército francés mucho mejor equipado y más grande proporcionó un importante impulso moral al ejército mexicano y también ayudó a retardar el avance del ejército francés hacia la ciudad de México. Había un total de aprox. 12.000 soldados en la guerra, 8.000 franceses 4.000 mexicanos. 462 soldados franceses murieron en combate. Sólo 83 soldados mexicanos murieron en la batalla.

La victoria mexicana se celebra anualmente el 5 de mayo. Su celebración es regional en México, principalmente en el estado de Puebla, donde la fiesta se celebra como El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (Inglés: El Día de la Batalla de Puebla) . [10] [11] [12] Hay un reconocimiento limitado de las vacaciones en otras partes del país, aunque esta fiesta sigue siendo muy popular en los Estados Unidos, donde se celebra anualmente como el Cinco de Mayo.

El 1858-60 la guerra civil mexicana conocida como la guerra de la reforma había causado la gran aflicción a través de la economía de México. Al asumir el cargo de presidente electo en 1861, Benito Juárez se vio obligado a suspender los pagos de intereses sobre las deudas externas por un período de dos años. A finales de octubre de 1861 diplomáticos de España, Francia y Gran Bretaña se reunieron en Londres para formar la Alianza Tripartita, con el objetivo principal de lanzar una invasión aliada de México, tomando el control de Veracruz, su puerto principal, y obligando al gobierno mexicano a Negociar plazos para pagar sus deudas y reparaciones por supuestos daños a ciudadanos extranjeros en México. En diciembre de 1861, las tropas españolas aterrizaron en Veracruz; Británicos y franceses siguieron a principios de enero. Las fuerzas aliadas ocuparon Veracruz y avanzaron a Orizaba. Sin embargo, la Alianza Tripartita se desmoronó a principios de abril de 1862, cuando quedó claro que los franceses querían imponer severas exigencias al gobierno de Juárez y provocar una guerra. Los ingleses y españoles se retiraron, dejando a los franceses marchar solos en la ciudad de México. Napoleón III quería establecer un régimen títere mexicano.

estoy en desacuerdo
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Question for Next Level Stalker Guy? Where does football have their training table now? Are they eating in the Conie (i.e, Shellhouse) or is there a new facility they are using in the stadium?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    BaldwinIV said:

Gladstone said:

Thank fucking god. This thread and pod might temporarily save the dreckfest that our once-beloved main bored has become.

If you can't appreciate the offseason greatness that is the main bored, you really belong over on Doogpound.
    This is my first offseason here but it seems to consist largely of you floating from thread to thread, adhering to some weird code that only you seem to follow, and you use the WTF and Flag buttons like a Chinaman uses his honking horn.
    The gleeful triggering these poasts bring Sven is all part of the fun.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    FREE PUB! The tonal shift from an in-TSIO universe perspective is fascinating. A few pods ago was the 2016 recruiting wrist slit pod, and this one was by far by far by far the most optimistic listen you've ever released. Not sure if by design or not, but I approve.

Question: do you put more stock into the star ratings of recroots or who else has offered them? I think of a guy like Joe Tryon who was a 4 star with offers from only WSU/UW, but a 3 star like Draco Bynum who has offers from the entire conference.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

It's May 3rd

Stupid fucks

chinsightful
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

FREE PUB! The tonal shift from an in-TSIO universe perspective is fascinating. A few pods ago was the 2016 recruiting wrist slit pod, and this one was by far by far by far the most optimistic listen you've ever released. Not sure if by design or not, but I approve.

Question: do you put more stock into the star ratings of recroots or who else has offered them? I think of a guy like Joe Tryon who was a 4 star with offers from only WSU/UW, but a 3 star like Draco Bynum who has offers from the entire conference.

I put more stock into rare humans, both of which they are (Joe Tryon more so).
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    @Gladstone

Personally, I judge based on film ... not sure if we touched on it in enough drunk detail but not all offers are the same as an offer from UW is likely different than one from Oregon ... add to that guys that shut down a process early and the numbers get fuzzy

As for stars, I guess it is nice as a reference point but they have some inherent issues and bias whether it is coverage area, what camps they sponsor, etc

I'll call out our call on Taylor Rapp where we were universally in agreement that he would be an impact player as a freshman ... that's through an understanding of film, roster depth, and how the player fits in the defense
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

BaldwinIV said:

Gladstone said:

Thank fucking god. This thread and pod might temporarily save the dreckfest that our once-beloved main bored has become.

If you can't appreciate the offseason greatness that is the main bored, you really belong over on Doogpound.
    This is my first offseason here but it seems to consist largely of you floating from thread to thread, adhering to some weird code that only you seem to follow, and you use the WTF and Flag buttons like a Chinaman uses his honking horn.
    The gleeful triggering my flagging of these poasts brings is all part of the fun.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Gladstone said:

I put more stock into rare humans, both of which they are (Joe Tryon more so).
    Flatbed.gif