Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marquis Spiker, 5* 2018 WR, Murrietta (Valley), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Dennis and I have had many sexts over getting these two and just being done at WR before April. Both are ELITE. And we lead for both right now.

While I don't anticipate similar concerns as what we saw with Tui, I do think it is very risky to just shut down all recruiting in April.

We don't know who may or may not leave the program after next year and we could have a need for an additional guy. Keeping contact would be good.

The plus though is that it COULD lead to getting a head start on 2019 recruiting at the position (positive) ... OR it could also free Bush to be freed up to recruit at other positions/areas as well (cough OL).
    I don't think he necessarily means to stop recruiting WRs whatsoever, just that if everything goes right we won't need anymore commits. I think we will end up with Osborne, one of Spiker or Williams, and Tre'Shaun Harrison as a ATH that leans WR.
    They will tell TSH he is a Salvon. He will most likely play RB or S.
    Yeah I could see that, especially once you look at the disparity between the WR and RB classes on the west this year. I hope it's RB though as he looks far too electric with the ball on his hands for safety. If he truly runs a 4.35 right now that gets me excited for his potential.
    NO HS PLAYER RUNS A 4.35 UNLESS THEY ARE DAT. FUCK.

ESPECIALLY NOT A 6-2, 190 PLAYER.

IF HE RAN A 4.35 AND PLAYED LIKE THAT HE'D BE THE #1 PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY YOU FUCKING IGNORANT ASSHOLE.

FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK @DerekJohnson CLOSE THE GATES.
    Dat ran a 4.5 at the combine... Salvon ran a 4.32 laser soooo...
    Fuck off with being a 40 time piece of shit. Reggie Bush and Devin Hester both ran a 4.4 at the combine. They are as fast as a guy can get.

Quibbling over 40's has always been dumb. A lot of it is technique. Some guys run just as fast in pads and some have a big drop off.
    I don't disagree with 40's being overrated and there's track fast and football fast ...

But when someone gives legit stats that are fact versus opinion ... it's hard to argue against that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Anyone know if Spiker's still making his trip with the Bush news?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    It appears he still is. If he does I think he'll commit.
  • Options

I'm getting the feeling though we'll have to do some maintenance with him throughout the next year
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Well, this is a big "junior weekend" so unless something is really weird, he probably is. It's not just a trip where he's coming in to visit solo.

There will be a lot of kids there.

I think he was probably all set to commit and I think Bush leaving fucked us on that, but at the same time my guess is that Pete knows who he's hiring and Spiker will be in contact with that person ASAP.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I'm getting the feeling though we'll have to do some maintenance with him throughout the next year
    You think?

He's already been offered by USC, Michigan and Oregon.

Anytime you pull an early commit from an out of area high four star you're gonna have work hard to maintain it.
  • Options

dnc said:

Well, this is a big "junior weekend" so unless something is really weird, he probably is. It's not just a trip where he's coming in to visit solo.

I think he was probably all set to commit and I think Bush leaving fucked us on that, but at the same time my guess is that Pete knows who he's hiring and Spiker will be in contact with that person ASAP.
    GRAA

Any other names to note from the junior weekend?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

GRAA

Most interesting one for me is Ben Wilson, I want to see if he'll get an offer (I suspect he will). I am so on the fence on him as a player.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

GRAA

Most interesting one for me is Ben Wilson, I want to see if he'll get an offer (I suspect he will). I am so on the fence on him as a player.
    He seems like a summer or early senior year offer to me ... he's like BBK to me ... a very good player but not sure he has the gear to get to the elite level
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

GRAA

When's the last time an ILB panned out for UW? ILB designation almost always = slow OLB. Waste of time IMO.

Spiker will be a first round NFL pick if he goes to a Pac 12 school. He'll lead UW in TDs and catches his sophomore year. He has the best WR highlight video I've seen in quite a while for a UW recruit - he catches everything - he fixes his route very well to poorly thrown balls. He has that ball detection instinct like Sidney Jones has.

Also, Spiker was separated at birth from Craig Chambers.
  • Options
    priapism said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

GRAA

When's the last time an ILB panned out for UW? ILB designation almost always = slow OLB. Waste of time IMO.

Spiker will be a first round NFL pick if he goes to a Pac 12 school. He'll lead UW in TDs and catches his sophomore year. He has the best WR highlight video I've seen in quite a while for a UW recruit - he catches everything - he fixes his route very well to poorly thrown balls. He has that ball detection instinct like Sidney Jones has.

Also, Spiker was separated at birth from Craig Chambers.
    Can't disagree with a word you said about Spiker there, elite player for sure.
  • Options
    I agree that ILB generally just means slow POS.

Wilson holds some interest for me, because I think he improved a good amount. But yeah. I mean, ultimately he's just a SWV.

At least he's not small. I hate small ILBs.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Some future teammates already know each other: Spiker, Jones, and Dedich.

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    priapism said:

Eh, I don't know about Steven Jones. He keeps pinning his recent offers, which usually means he is waiting for others.
    Once USC, UCLA etc offer I think he won't be a UW lean anymore.

Dedich seems to be a very likely commit, though... and obviously Spiker as well.

Our OL class might be really really good, especially if we land Dawson Jaramillo.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

priapism said:

Eh, I don't know about Steven Jones. He keeps pinning his recent offers, which usually means he is waiting for others.

Dedich seems to be a very likely commit, though... and obviously Spiker as well.

Our OL class might be really really good, especially if we land Dawson Jaramillo.
    You clearly don't follow wtf is going on in Eugene. We are not getting Dawson. I have great confidence that Chris will fuck up with Dedich. Spiker will be very hard to convert with our fucking mujahid leaving.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

priapism said:

You clearly don't follow wtf is going on in Eugene. We are not getting Dawson. I have great confidence that Chris will fuck up with Dedich. Spiker will be very hard to convert with our fucking mujahid leaving.
    You clearly don't follow anything related to Eugene either. Did you miss this: oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/oregon_ducks_workouts_hospital.html
    How about this: usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2017/01/22/oregon-assistant-coach-administrative-leave-dui-arrest/96923514/

Jaramillo has said multiple times that he loves UW. He has taken several visits. He likes our stuff on twitter. It's at worst a 50-50 battle there.

Dedich is a very heavy UW lean, has taken several visits, and will likely commit at some point during the summer. Chris Strausser has made landing quality guards/centers look pretty easy recently (see Wattenberg, Luke; Bainivalu, Henry; Kirkland, Jaxson ; Harris, Nick). Besides, what top center who loves everything about a program and is considered a lean wouldn't want to commit to that same team with a 5* QB prospect committed?

Oh, and Greg Biggins says you should shut the fuck up because Marquis Spiker isn't affected much by Hamdan leaving, and will likely commit anyways.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

priapism said:

You clearly don't follow anything related to Eugene either. Did you miss this: oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/oregon_ducks_workouts_hospital.html
    How about this: usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2017/01/22/oregon-assistant-coach-administrative-leave-dui-arrest/96923514/

Jaramillo has said multiple times that he loves UW. He has taken several visits. He likes our stuff on twitter. It's at worst a 50-50 battle there.

Dedich is a very heavy UW lean, has taken several visits, and will likely commit at some point during the summer. Chris Strausser has made landing quality guards/centers look pretty easy recently (see Wattenberg, Luke; Bainivalu, Henry; Kirkland, Jaxson ; Harris, Nick). Besides, what top center who loves everything about a program and is considered a lean wouldn't want to commit to that same team with a 5* QB prospect committed?

Oh, and Greg Biggins says you should shut the fuck up because Marquis Spiker isn't affected much by Hamdan leaving, and will likely commit anyways.
    I see you've come around to the Lord of the Flies mentality quickly. You just might pan out. Don't fuck it up.
  • Options

priapism said:

Are you fucking stupid?

We aren't getting Jones, Dedich or Jaramillo.
  • Options

priapism said:

Are you fucking stupid?

We aren't getting Jones, Dedich or Jaramillo.
    see my above poast on OL recruits