Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marquis Spiker, 5* 2018 WR, Murrietta (Valley), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2017
    dhdawg said:

eklund says the visit was good with him. biggins is gonna come out with a story. still sounds like he's all UW

you guys still pay them for trip reports....come here to get some real insights... but don't contribute to this site, huh?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Clairvoyant Pre-story cliff-notes: He had an amazing time at UW, loves everything about the program, thought about committing, wants to think things over/ see what other programs have to offer
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Clairvoyant Pre-story cliff-notes: He had an amazing time at UW, loves everything about the program, thought about committing, wants to think things over/ see what other programs have to offer

so he's going to USC is what you're saying
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Roof made a comment in a non-premium thread that made it sounds like he's just waiting to see who the new WR coach is and whether he clicks with him.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I think we are going to start seeing a lot less of player committing early due to Petes policy. Good for Spiker if he wants to visit other schools before actually committing.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711

Nah fam he is saying the trip reports mean nothing and that people who sit around waiting for them to come out to see if the recruit rated the trip a 9/10 or 10/10 lead sad and miserable lives.
  • Options

Nah fam he is saying the trip reports mean nothing and that people who sit around waiting for them to come out to see if the recruit rated the trip a 9/10 or 10/10 lead sad and miserable lives.
    i think i have achieved my first whoosh
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

I think we are going to start seeing a lot less of player committing early due to Petes policy. Good for Spiker if he wants to visit other schools before actually committing.
    I think that depends on what status the program attains over the
    next couple of years. If Pete can lift the program closer to the
    "blue bloods", then the value of a scholarship offer becomes
    infinitely more important. The big boys always have tons of
    quality commits early in the process simply because a kid
    knows if they don't commit early there is someone just as
    good waiting to. Unfortunately UW is not quite at that level
    yet.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711

i think i have achieved my first whoosh
    Haha, good one.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

eklund says the visit was good with him. biggins is gonna come out with a story. still sounds like he's all UW

He finally got him.
    "It was a great visit, I liked it there a lot," Spiker said. "I flew in Thursday and out on Sunday so I was on campus all day Friday and Saturday. Friday I did the campus tour, saw the dorms and the football facilities. Everything was brand new and it was really nice. I haven't been to a lot of schools so don't have a lot to compare UW to, but it was really nice.

"The coaches are great there and I felt very comfortable. It's a real family atmosphere and the coaches are really easy to talk with. They gave me a lot of great insight about the school and the football program and I feel really good about Washington, it would be a really good fit for me."

Head Coach Chris Petersen made a very good impression on not just Spiker but his family as well.

"My mom and sister came up with me and they loved him," Spiker said. "They both said Coach Petersen reminded them of my grandfather, just a real nice, genuine guy. We talked a little on Friday but Saturday is when we sat down and really talked football. We watched video of the offense and went over my fit in their scheme.

"They threw 40 touchdowns to just receivers last year and they showed me how the move guys around and get them open. They feel l can play inside or outside and compared my role to how they use Dante Pettis but also think I could do some of the same things they did with John Ross III."
    Grandfather? He gone.

In all serious, sounds like he'll still be ours.
    "Bush Hamdan was really recruiting me hard for a while now and we had a good relationship," Spiker said. "It's not a deal breaker at all that he's not there any more, I know they'll bring in a new WR coach who will be just as good, but I just want to meet him first and see how we connect.

*SNIP*

"I think there's still a good chance I'll make an early commitment, probably sometime in the summer. My main focus right now is my academics and getting everything in order there so I really haven't talked to that many schools. I talk to Washington more than anyone and that's a big reason why they're on top right now but I'll play things out a little more and then go from there."
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Visiting SC with Jones and Dedich. Awesome.
  • Options

Visiting SC with Jones and Dedich. Awesome.

SCs in on every five star receiver, unless they take 7 I'm not worried about them ending with Spiker, even if they take a commit early.

LIPO
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FML! Ektard on his blog saying Coach Lubick is on bigger WR targets. Manuel Allen and Amon-Ra St Brown...... Chase Williams still hasn't been contacted and their ok with Spiker looking around. FML!
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2017
    8 new crystal balls on 247 for UW since 3-07. Sounds like Ektard is right on the money again.
  • Options

FML! Ektard on his blog saying Coach Lubick is on bigger WR targets. Manuel Allen and Amon-Ra St Brown...... Chase Williams still hasn't been contacted and their ok with Spiker looking around. FML!

have you seen the crystal balls? ektard being ektard. It's 10 for UW, 0 for everyone else, and UW is the only "warm" school.

I would rather have Spiker/Williams than St. Brown/Allen. Not an Allen fan.
  • Options

AGREE

FYL
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Chase Williams > Manuel Allen Chase will be the next punt returner too.
    If he has the speed, Spiker will be a first round pick, eventually.