Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Marquis Spiker, 5* 2018 WR, Murrietta (Valley), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Osbourne is like the #39 rated WR on rivals and #198 overall. That is a crazy amount of WR talent in this class.

I will say though, WR/RB/DB's tend to flash a lot more in TBS underwear olympics and on film early on in their HS careers. More linemen and LB's will move up into those tiers of rankings between now and signing day.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Can I bump up my own shit cause I'm a narcissistic penial pumping prick who doesn't care what you doogs think cause really I only came here for beer and bitches?
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Spiker catches everything thrown within 6 feet of him. He's not afraid to dive for the ball. He's worth +2. He will play as a freshman.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How's Spiker compare to the trio we just brought in?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Dennis and I have had many sexts over getting these two and just being done at WR before April. Both are ELITE. And we lead for both right now.

While I don't anticipate similar concerns as what we saw with Tui, I do think it is very risky to just shut down all recruiting in April.

We don't know who may or may not leave the program after next year and we could have a need for an additional guy. Keeping contact would be good.

The plus though is that it COULD lead to getting a head start on 2019 recruiting at the position (positive) ... OR it could also free Bush to be freed up to recruit at other positions/areas as well (cough OL).
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Ty Jones level; both Osborne and Spiker are DDY 3's for me.
    Spiker is basically Ty Jones II.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited February 2017
    Tequilla said:

Dennis and I have had many sexts over getting these two and just being done at WR before April. Both are ELITE. And we lead for both right now.

While I don't anticipate similar concerns as what we saw with Tui, I do think it is very risky to just shut down all recruiting in April.

We don't know who may or may not leave the program after next year and we could have a need for an additional guy. Keeping contact would be good.

The plus though is that it COULD lead to getting a head start on 2019 recruiting at the position (positive) ... OR it could also free Bush to be freed up to recruit at other positions/areas as well (cough OL).
    I don't think he necessarily means to stop recruiting WRs whatsoever, just that if everything goes right we won't need anymore commits. I think we will end up with Osborne, one of Spiker or Williams, and Tre'Shaun Harrison as a ATH that leans WR.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Tequilla said:

I don't think he necessarily means to stop recruiting WRs whatsoever, just that if everything goes right we won't need anymore commits. I think we will end up with Osborne, one of Spiker or Williams, and Tre'Shaun Harrison as a ATH that leans WR.
    They will tell TSH he is a Salvon. He will most likely play RB or S.

Tequilla said:

Yeah I could see that, especially once you look at the disparity between the WR and RB classes on the west this year. I hope it's RB though as he looks far too electric with the ball on his hands for safety. If he truly runs a 4.35 right now that gets me excited for his potential.
    edited February 2017

Tequilla said:

Yeah I could see that, especially once you look at the disparity between the WR and RB classes on the west this year. I hope it's RB though as he looks far too electric with the ball on his hands for safety. If he truly runs a 4.35 right now that gets me excited for his potential.
    NO HS PLAYER RUNS A 4.35 UNLESS THEY ARE DAT. FUCK.

ESPECIALLY NOT A 6-2, 190 PLAYER.

IF HE RAN A 4.35 AND PLAYED LIKE THAT HE'D BE THE #1 PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY YOU FUCKING IGNORANT ASSHOLE.

FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK @DerekJohnson CLOSE THE GATES.
    Salvon Ahmed literally ran an electronic-timed 4.32 at the Opening... so....
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

IF HE RAN A 4.35 AND PLAYED LIKE THAT HE'D BE THE #1 PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY YOU FUCKING IGNORANT ASSHOLE.

Dat ran a 4.5 at the combine... Salvon ran a 4.32 laser soooo...
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ty Jones level; both Osborne and Spiker are DDY 3's for me.
    Spiker is basically Ty Jones II.
    Not until he shows DDY love he's not
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Dat ran a 4.5 at the combine... Salvon ran a 4.32 laser soooo...
    Fuck off with being a 40 time piece of shit. Reggie Bush and Devin Hester both ran a 4.4 at the combine. They are as fast as a guy can get.

Quibbling over 40's has always been dumb. A lot of it is technique. Some guys run just as fast in pads and some have a big drop off.