Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Melania ...

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2016

Tequilla said:

Peterman said:

Tequilla said:

My apologies. It appears Melania is excellent at plagiarism shit:

http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522

What's strange is that the parts that are being cited for plagiarizing are words that I would say you could hear in similar discussions on this type of topic.

Another thing that I've learned over the years is that depending on where you are in the world, the topic of plagiarism, stretching the truth, etc. is completely different than our standards.

I also think a lot of times people view plagiarism as full blown source stealing whereas this would clearly be at best a couple of lines that are very, very generic.
    "Very generic" my asshole, one part was 22 out of 26 words exactly the same in exactly the same place. Obvious plagiarism
    When you're talking about very generic things about how you grew up, your values, etc. there's a lot of these comments that would be very similar from person to person.

I'm sure that there are things any of us have said in the past that could be cited for plagiarism. I know personally, I've said things that people have claimed I've taken straight from somebody else and I've never even seen what those people have said.
    Watch the side by side speeches Doog.
    I've read them fucktard ... far better than listening to them.

1st paragraph that is being cited is similar but definitely not word for word ... the values contained within are very common amongst many people and definitely not unique.

2nd paragraph that is cited is definitely the more direct example of plagiarism. Again, I'd argue that what was said in there definitely wasn't anything overly unique or special which does start clouding the plagiarism argument a bit.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that these paragraphs were dropped in a prior edition as an example subject to revision/update. The 1st paragraph was slightly updated ... the 2nd paragraph probably just proofread and somehow the need to revise somehow slipped through the cracks.

Does this deserve an explanation from Melania and the Trump campaign ... absolutely.

Does this deserve the rhetoric that is coming from the left right now ... absolutely not.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    NOC Tequila. CNN and MSNBC have one goal. Make damn sure the narrative stays in Hillary Clinton's camp. Melania's speech is a distraction, plain and simple. It's the red meat they were looking for to move the conversation from domestic and foreign security to a tabloid issue.
  • Options
    Peterman said:

Tequilla said:

Peterman said:

Tequilla said:

My apologies. It appears Melania is excellent at plagiarism shit:

http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522

What's strange is that the parts that are being cited for plagiarizing are words that I would say you could hear in similar discussions on this type of topic.

Another thing that I've learned over the years is that depending on where you are in the world, the topic of plagiarism, stretching the truth, etc. is completely different than our standards.

I also think a lot of times people view plagiarism as full blown source stealing whereas this would clearly be at best a couple of lines that are very, very generic.
    "Very generic" my asshole, one part was 22 out of 26 words exactly the same in exactly the same place. Obvious plagiarism
    When you're talking about very generic things about how you grew up, your values, etc. there's a lot of these comments that would be very similar from person to person.

I'm sure that there are things any of us have said in the past that could be cited for plagiarism. I know personally, I've said things that people have claimed I've taken straight from somebody else and I've never even seen what those people have said.
    I get that but these are almost identical and it isn't just a phrase here or there. Also, the order is the same for both speeches
    As I said elsewhere, if I was a betting man, I'd bet that the inclusion of those 2 paragraphs were subject to editing and it fell through the cracks. It deserves an apology to Michelle and the like but it is what it is. These aren't unique ideas that are getting jumped on right now ... it's pretty amusing actually.
  • Options
    Founders Club

NOC Tequila. CNN and MSNBC have one goal. Make damn sure the narrative stays in Hillary Clinton's camp. Melania's speech is a distraction, plain and simple. It's the red meat they were looking for to move the conversation from domestic and foreign security to a tabloid issue.

FOX is silent on this.

If the Democrats had done this, would they still be silent?
    You're surprised? Of course they are, and they'll be looking for the same sort of red meat when your "girl's" coronation takes center stage.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

FOX is silent on this.

You're surprised? Of course they are, and they'll be looking for the same sort of red meat when your "girl's" coronation takes center stage.
    My girl's coronation happened weeks ago:

• Options
    Founders Club

She needs to go on a diet and get complete reconstructive plastic surgery
  • Options

I'd say that a large percentage of America has no idea about the history of this country. Go back 200 years and when it came to politics newspapers were more or less propaganda machines for different causes, people, parties, etc.

At no point in my life have I felt that the media is more slanted (on both sides) than it is now. Very few people tell it like it is and play it down the middle. There is always spin. Generally speaking, I feel like CNN at least tries to get balance on their panels by having people from both sides but the problem is that so many of them can't get out of their own way of sounding so biased that it really just comes across as why there is so much gridlock.

Great example of how the media is biased is as follows:

I was listening to the radio today and this example came up from the last week or so: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Oregon-gov-pushes-for-stronger-gun-laws-8380755.php

Only problem is that when the Oregon governor talks about needing to stop partisan politics, Oregon has a Democratic governor, a Democratic Senate, and a Democratic Congress. But that wasn't anywhere in the article because it didn't advance the agenda of the writer.

The bottom line is more people need to think for themselves and not for whether it is good for the D or the R.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I'd say that a large percentage of America has no idea about the history of this country. Go back 200 years and when it came to politics newspapers were more or less propaganda machines for different causes, people, parties, etc.

At no point in my life have I felt that the media is more slanted (on both sides) than it is now. Very few people tell it like it is and play it down the middle. There is always spin. Generally speaking, I feel like CNN at least tries to get balance on their panels by having people from both sides but the problem is that so many of them can't get out of their own way of sounding so biased that it really just comes across as why there is so much gridlock.

I was listening to the radio today and this example came up from the last week or so: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Oregon-gov-pushes-for-stronger-gun-laws-8380755.php

Only problem is that when the Oregon governor talks about needing to stop partisan politics, Oregon has a Democratic governor, a Democratic Senate, and a Democratic Congress. But that wasn't anywhere in the article because it didn't advance the agenda of the writer.

The bottom line is more people need to think for themselves and not for whether it is good for the D or the R.
    Disagree
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Disagree
    Enlightening
  • Options

FOX is silent on this.

Are they even live right now? Or are they replaying from earlier in the night?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Disagree on CNN. They're very partisan and doing exactly what I would expect them to. Your last sentence is spot on.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

FOX is silent on this.

They were live.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Disagree
    Enlightening
    No way was I going to read all that bullshit.
  • Options
    My sources have obtained the copy of Donald Trump Junior's speech. Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/e40TpLX3g90
  • Options

Disagree on CNN. They're very partisan and doing exactly what I would expect them to. Your last sentence is spot on.

They definitely lean left ... there's no question on that.

Trump's campaign talks about fragments in Melania's speech yet everybody now is saying that they aren't saying anything ... people see what they want to see. The reality is that we don't know the story yet ... everything else is speculation at this point.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Disagree
    Enlightening
    No way was I going to read all that bullshit.
    Takes about 45 seconds unless you read at a 2nd grade level
  • Options

Tequilla said:

FOX is silent on this.

They were live.
    Equally as irresponsible then as the harping on from the left leaning.

It's actually a really interesting narrative right now:

Left leaning media talking solely about the plagiarism and not talking about any other part of the night (which let's be honest, isn't a good topic right now for Obama/Hillary given that we're getting close to playing Clue! each day with killings around the world ... today's I'm taking an Afghan, with an axe, in Germany) ...

Right leaning media talking about the highlights of tonight's speeches and whatnot while putting their head in the sand regarding Melania's speech.
  • Options
    Peterman said:

Seriously? She gave an innocuous speech that had some elements that appear to have been edited extractions from the Grinch's speech eight years ago. So what? At least she didn't say it was the first time in her life that she was proud of her country.

I think you need to continue watching your CNN and MSNBC feeds for more talking points.

Give me a break, if Michelle O did this you'd be throwing a fit. Simple fact
    I'd be shocked that a news network was spending 2 straight hours on this regardless of who said it