Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Melania ...

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Even msnbc is borderline centrist, maybe center left. As they are basically the voice of the hillary wing of the dems.

They all lean towards the money 1st though
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Trump is playing the media like The Truman Show.

Their outrage will play well with women, miniroties and illegal immigrants voting for dead people.

Explains the outrage by Sven and his other handles
    You were already Nebraska classy in your concession. You don't need to suck my dick too.
    It's not about need.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Peterman said:

Tequilla said:

My apologies. It appears Melania is excellent at plagiarism shit:

http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522

What's strange is that the parts that are being cited for plagiarizing are words that I would say you could hear in similar discussions on this type of topic.

Another thing that I've learned over the years is that depending on where you are in the world, the topic of plagiarism, stretching the truth, etc. is completely different than our standards.

I also think a lot of times people view plagiarism as full blown source stealing whereas this would clearly be at best a couple of lines that are very, very generic.
    "Very generic" my asshole, one part was 22 out of 26 words exactly the same in exactly the same place. Obvious plagiarism
    When you're talking about very generic things about how you grew up, your values, etc. there's a lot of these comments that would be very similar from person to person.

I'm sure that there are things any of us have said in the past that could be cited for plagiarism. I know personally, I've said things that people have claimed I've taken straight from somebody else and I've never even seen what those people have said.
    Watch the side by side speeches Doog.
    I've read them fucktard ... far better than listening to them.

1st paragraph that is being cited is similar but definitely not word for word ... the values contained within are very common amongst many people and definitely not unique.

2nd paragraph that is cited is definitely the more direct example of plagiarism. Again, I'd argue that what was said in there definitely wasn't anything overly unique or special which does start clouding the plagiarism argument a bit.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that these paragraphs were dropped in a prior edition as an example subject to revision/update. The 1st paragraph was slightly updated ... the 2nd paragraph probably just proofread and somehow the need to revise somehow slipped through the cracks.

Does this deserve an explanation from Melania and the Trump campaign ... absolutely.

Does this deserve the rhetoric that is coming from the left right now ... absolutely not.
    Gloves are off.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

Tequilla said:

Disagree on CNN. They're very partisan and doing exactly what I would expect them to. Your last sentence is spot on.

They definitely lean left ... there's no question on that.

Trump's campaign talks about fragments in Melania's speech yet everybody now is saying that they aren't saying anything ... people see what they want to see. The reality is that we don't know the story yet ... everything else is speculation at this point.
    CNN leans left? Bullshit. They always try to be neutral over objective which isn't journalism. Even then they probably do criticize republicans more than democrats because the Republican party, or at least a large part of it is just that retarded and crazy
    CNN is neutral? Lol I have heard it all.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

Even msnbc is borderline centrist, maybe center left. As they are basically the voice of the hillary wing of the dems.

They all lean towards the money 1st though

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    2001400ex said:

@Tequilla holy fuck. That radio person you were listening to bashing the Oregon newspaper. Do you really think that person is fair and balanced? Do you think they don't omit facts to make the conservative argument? Do you actually think fox news is fair and balanced?

The best part is, when fox news and AM radio bash on the "liberal media", but don't consider themselves part of the media. And simpletons like you eat it up.

And you are right, fox news wouldn't spend 2 hours on this if it were Michelle. They'd mention it over and over until the election.

Why this sudden, uncharacteristic concern about integrity?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,910
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    She's 45. Who cares?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

"Both speeches vacuous & facile."

Chincredibled for vacuous and facile.

Can you tell me what those words mean?
    Of course, and they fit the context. In fact they apply to the majority of the posts in this thread.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I definitely wouldn't have doubled down like they are currently doing ... that's just FS in my mind.

Just say that these are Melania's thoughts and themes that she talked about in preparing the speech. In the process of putting the speech together, we reviewed historical speeches provided by candidate's wives including Michelle Obama's speech in 2008. During the process of drafting the speech, we inserted a portion of Michelle's speech as a placeholder for Melania's thoughts on the subject. Unfortunately, due to the similarity between Melania's thoughts and opinions and Michelle's speech, we regretfully did not catch the fact that we used some of Michelle's remarks as an example for Melania. We regretfully apologize for this oversight and ask that everybody focuses on the shared values that both Melania and Michelle have that our country so desperately need to embrace right now.
  • Options
    WeAreAFatLesboSchoolWeAreAFatLesboSchool Guest Posts: 736
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Fighting over the speech of a candidates wife. Christ, this has to be a new low for this place. Everyone who is involved here needs Owen fucking 12 and to diaff.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2016
    Tequilla said:

I definitely wouldn't have doubled down like they are currently doing ... that's just FS in my mind.

the shared values that both Melania and Michelle have

So now the Trump campaign should embrace the Obama's?

They've painted themselves into a corner with the agenda that America sucks and it's all because of the HNIC.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fighting over the speech of a candidates wife. Christ, this has to be a new low for this place. Everyone who is involved here needs Owen fucking 12 and to diaff.

Now, more than ever...LEAVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!1!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WeAreAFatLesboSchoolWeAreAFatLesboSchool Guest Posts: 736
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    TheGlove said:

Now, more than ever...LEAVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!1!!!!!!!
    Ok...please continue you're fucking bitch slap fest. I miss the days when all that would be posted are pics for everyone to critique. Bunch of fags you've become.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    TheGlove said:

Tequilla said:

the shared values that both Melania and Michelle have

So now the Trump campaign should embrace the Obama's?

They've painted themselves into a corner with the agenda that America sucks and it's all because of the HNIC.
    That's probably the more problematic position here compared to the plagiarism ...

Personally, there's nothing unique about Michelle's words that entered Melania's speech.

But this is what happens if/when you get personal about a candidate ... it blinds whether your disagreement with them is political or personal. I have no reason to hate Obama from a personal standpoint ... I don't believe that he's a radical Islamic like the furthest of the extremists think that he is. On policy though, I do disagree with a lot of the things he does. I do think that he's been far too soft in painting America as a power around the world. And probably at the most extreme level, I feel like he consistently negotiates from a position of weakness than strength as if he has some kind of guilt about America that I don't get.

But Trump's gotten personal before which probably leaves them no other choice but to say that they didn't lift the passage of Michelle's speech ...

The actual issue isn't really that big in my mind ... but the ramifications and how much the left will beat this dead horse will be pretty big in how they try to link this back to Trump and his ability to be President.

Not saying that this error should have happened ... but we all know or have seen instances where there was an oversight in the past that puts egg on the face. It happens. Move on.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

It's July.

Nothing else to fight over.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

It's July.

Nothing else to fight over.
    Thanks Kim..

Take it to the OL bored.