Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Melania ...

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,238
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

NOC. The left will blow this insignificant tidbit completely out of proportion to take the lens off the primary topic of the evening.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dflea said:

Has anyone really ever given a shit what the First Lady, or presumptive First Lady says?

I stopped listening 20 seconds in - and just checked out her tits, mouth, and ass for the remainder of the time.

When your campaign is centered on attacking the credibility of a former First Lady, it helps if your prospective First Lady doesn't shit the bed.
    Completely missing the mark
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2016
    Seriously? She gave an innocuous speech that had some elements that appear to have been edited extractions from the Grinch's speech eight years ago. So what? At least she didn't say it was the first time in her life that she was proud of her country.

I think you need to continue watching your CNN and MSNBC feeds for more talking points.
  • Options
    Peterman said:

Tequilla said:

My apologies. It appears Melania is excellent at plagiarism shit:

http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522

What's strange is that the parts that are being cited for plagiarizing are words that I would say you could hear in similar discussions on this type of topic.

Another thing that I've learned over the years is that depending on where you are in the world, the topic of plagiarism, stretching the truth, etc. is completely different than our standards.

I also think a lot of times people view plagiarism as full blown source stealing whereas this would clearly be at best a couple of lines that are very, very generic.
    "Very generic" my asshole, one part was 22 out of 26 words exactly the same in exactly the same place. Obvious plagiarism
    When you're talking about very generic things about how you grew up, your values, etc. there's a lot of these comments that would be very similar from person to person.

I'm sure that there are things any of us have said in the past that could be cited for plagiarism. I know personally, I've said things that people have claimed I've taken straight from somebody else and I've never even seen what those people have said.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

dflea said:

Has anyone really ever given a shit what the First Lady, or presumptive First Lady says?

I stopped listening 20 seconds in - and just checked out her tits, mouth, and ass for the remainder of the time.

When your campaign is centered on attacking the credibility of a former First Lady, it helps if your prospective First Lady doesn't shit the bed.
    So you think it's good that Melania wants to be Michelle?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Trump is playing the media like The Truman Show.

Their outrage will play well with women, miniroties and illegal immigrants voting for dead people.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Peterman said:

Tequilla said:

My apologies. It appears Melania is excellent at plagiarism shit:

http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522

What's strange is that the parts that are being cited for plagiarizing are words that I would say you could hear in similar discussions on this type of topic.

Another thing that I've learned over the years is that depending on where you are in the world, the topic of plagiarism, stretching the truth, etc. is completely different than our standards.

I also think a lot of times people view plagiarism as full blown source stealing whereas this would clearly be at best a couple of lines that are very, very generic.
    "Very generic" my asshole, one part was 22 out of 26 words exactly the same in exactly the same place. Obvious plagiarism
    When you're talking about very generic things about how you grew up, your values, etc. there's a lot of these comments that would be very similar from person to person.

I'm sure that there are things any of us have said in the past that could be cited for plagiarism. I know personally, I've said things that people have claimed I've taken straight from somebody else and I've never even seen what those people have said.
    I get that but these are almost identical and it isn't just a phrase here or there. Also, the order is the same for both speeches
  • Options
    Founders Club

Their outrage will play well with women, miniroties and illegal immigrants voting for dead people.

Explains the outrage by Sven and his other handles
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Explains the outrage by Sven and his other handles
    You were already Nebraska classy in your concession. You don't need to suck my dick too.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

dflea said:

So you think it's good that Melania wants to be Michelle?
    1) Anybody that votes for either Hillary or Trump because of Melania's speech tonight probably shouldn't be voting

2) Plagiarism is definitely nebulous to me ... it's clear that Michelle's speech was used in the research for this speech ... that's not really debatable.

3) I think it's very reasonable to consider that English is definitely not Melania's first language ... it's also not uncommon when people are trying to find ways to express their thoughts when they aren't sure of how to word to find other examples that are similar ... which is probably how Michelle's speech topic here came into play ...

My best guess of what happened:

Melania had these thoughts but didn't quite know how to say them ... as I said before, there's nothing too earth shattering or unique with the themes that make them unique to Michelle and Michelle only.

Someone (a speech writer) probably pulled Michelle's speech and gave to Melania as an example of a speech at a convention coming from the potential first lady.

Melania (and/or her speech writer) probably saw the part of Michelle's speech that echoed her thoughts and used it as a framework for her comments changing it as it worked into her speech.

If someone asked me for what I learned from my parents, my comments would circle around:

1) value of hard work
    2) you are only as good as your word
    3) you treat people how you want to be treated
    4) you do as you say
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

That just confirms what I already know.

Melania. So hot I need to brb, jo.

Michelle. Boner kill.
    Agree