Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you still think Pete is the right guy for the job?

Comments

• H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Yes

chuck said:

I don't know why but I tried to read this whole dumb ass thread. Fuck me what a bunch of idiots *we* are here.

A vote of "yes", I think Pete is the guy is not a vote of support for him or the program. It's not support of anything. It's just a fucking prediction.

I just think *we* are there. The player development, roster development, and attitude (ready to rumble) all look like they're where they need to be. *We* have a shitload of good players...more than enough to win the Pac 12. There isn't a position group (outside of WR which is the least critical) that doesn't have quality, depth and experience. Every position group has players (even WR has Ross) that could go anywhere in the country and be standouts. UW's roster has been full of holes since the 90s due to bad recruiting, bad roster management, and bad player development but it's finally not the case.

Petersen has put together a team that can win. All that has to happen is good game day coaching. I voted yes because I think that's the easiest part and I think they'll probably get it right this year (or at least right enough). UW is going to win the north and at least be in the playoff conversation, which would mean I'm right for a change and Petersen is the guy. That's my prediction. It's not a statement of support. I'm not supporting anything.

- Do we have ANY receivers as good as Gabe Marks???

- Is the two deep roster filled with 4th and 5th year players?

uh huh.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Yes
    Gladstone said:

chuck said:

I don't know why but I tried to read this whole dumb ass thread. Fuck me what a bunch of idiots *we* are here.

A vote of "yes", I think Pete is the guy is not a vote of support for him or the program. It's not support of anything. It's just a fucking prediction.

I just think *we* are there. The player development, roster development, and attitude (ready to rumble) all look like they're where they need to be. *We* have a shitload of good players...more than enough to win the Pac 12. There isn't a position group (outside of WR which is the least critical) that doesn't have quality, depth and experience. Every position group has players (even WR has Ross) that could go anywhere in the country and be standouts. UW's roster has been full of holes since the 90s due to bad recruiting, bad roster management, and bad player development but it's finally not the case.

Petersen has put together a team that can win. All that has to happen is good game day coaching. I voted yes because I think that's the easiest part and I think they'll probably get it right this year (or at least right enough). UW is going to win the north and at least be in the playoff conversation, which would mean I'm right for a change and Petersen is the guy. That's my prediction. It's not a statement of support. I'm not supporting anything.

Why is it so hard for so many to realize that Smith has been neutered and Tedford is in line to take over
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    No
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

chuck said:

Why is it so hard for so many to realize that Smith has been neutered and Tedford is in line to take over
    Doog supposition.

Also Tedford was a mediocre playcaller after 2010. Hardly the stuff of legend or worthy of hyping ourselves over.
    Yes
    People asked for a more experienced play caller and Smith to be a non factor ... your wish has been granted.

I'm fine with people criticizing whether Tedford is the best that we could do ... but hard to argue that he isn't better than Smith
    Yes
    The whole Holt for Wilcox is comical because the build out of the defense started under Wilcox and has been taken to a new level by K/Lake ...

The problem was Sark first and foremost ...
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Yes
    Tequilla said:

People asked for a more experienced play caller and Smith to be a non factor ... your wish has been granted.

I'm fine with people criticizing whether Tedford is the best that we Jen could do ... but hard to argue that he isn't better than Smith

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Tequilla said:

I'm fine with people criticizing whether Tedford is the best that we could do ... but hard to argue that he isn't better than Smith

Why is Smith still on staff if he's a non factor?
    Yes
    He has a family. C'mon, man.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    No
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

chuck said:

A REAL head coach would have fired Smith already.
    Yes
    Lots of pressing ...

He's been marginalized this year ... pretty clear to see.

I'd be beyond shocked if he's on the staff next year.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Tequilla said:

Lots of pressing ...

In the meantime UW wastes $440,000 plus the cost of benefits; fosters a distraction for the team, and gives the media fodder for stories.
    Yes
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of pressing ...

In the meantime UW wastes $440,000 plus the cost of benefits; fosters a distraction for the team, and gives the media fodder for stories.
    Distraction?

Do you really think that the team doesn't know what is going on?

And if UW fired Smith (as I'm sure you'd be advocating), they'd be paying him $440k anyway BECAUSE HE HAS A CONTRACT!!!

This is a @PurpleJ FS caliber post
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    No
    You'd piss all over yourself to make a @PurpleJ caliber post.
    Yes
    Pretty sure I wouldn't
    Yes

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of pressing ...

Distraction?

And if UW fired Smith (as I'm sure you'd be advocating), they'd be paying him $440k anyway BECAUSE HE HAS A CONTRACT!!!

Doogs forget that Peterman could have let him go for nothing instead:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/contract-extensions-announced-for-huskies-assistant-coaches/
    There's a reason he's being kept on for only one year ... making a mountain out of a mole hill on this ... it's FS
    Yes

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of pressing ...

Distraction?

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/contract-extensions-announced-for-huskies-assistant-coaches/
    but... Kids, and schools and who'se gonna run the PTA???... YOU???... that's what I thought
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    No
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of pressing ...

Distraction?

There's a reason he's being kept on for only one year ... making a mountain out of a mole hill on this ... it's FS
    Beyond Tedford being hired as a QC coach, what is your source for all of this talk about Jonathan SmithFS being neutered and Tedford taking over? Or is it just supposition? You state it so matter-of-factly that I think I missed some news or press about this.
    Yes
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of pressing ...

Distraction?

Beyond Tedford being hired as a QC coach, what is your source for all of this talk about Jonathan SmithFS being neutered and Tedford taking over? Or is it just supposition? You state it so matter-of-factly that I think I missed some news or press about this.
    The press just runs with what they are told ...

Pretty sure that there was some talk about this on the TSIO podcast at one point on Smith, Tedford, and the OC situation ...

Pete runs his business like a well run organization ... generally succession planning in well run organizations takes place in an orderly process were replacements are either identified or trained before being asked to take on the job.

From what I've heard through the grapevine, which matches what I'm seeing play out, I have no reason to believe that Smith will be here beyond this year. Going back to last year, I said that given his performance that he should have been effectively removed from the equation ... enter Tedford's presence this year. Anybody that thinks that Smith is operating autonomously as OC is fooling themselves.

Put another way, this is your standard example where you see a low performer get actively managed with additional attention to the point where they either manage themselves out of the role or they end up taking a different role elsewhere as they see the writing on the wall.