Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you still think Pete is the right guy for the job?

Comments

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

Okay you faggits—here's the thing (so far as I see it).

It made sense to hire Pete at the time we hired him. Anyone saying otherwise is a fuckhead (and I doubt anyone on this bored would say that). You could have questions about the success of former Boise coaches and that's fine, but no AD in their right mind with a legit shot at him in '13 doesn't take a serious look.

Okay, fast forward to July 2016.

We've had 2 shit seasons, but for reasons that seem based in voodoo, hope, bullshit and impressively accurate statistical decisions we are legit winning an off-season Natty.

We? are recruiting like a motherfucker (except at QB), we have 104 starters back from a promising team (who blew a bunch of close games), we have a defense that seems poised to be our best in 25 years and we have a lot of potential playmakers on offense.

So, is Pete the guy? What are we going to do? Fire him? I'm not sure his performance thus far merits a canning. We could be on the doorstep of some really great shit. There is no AD on earth that would've canned him after these first two seasons, especially given that the hype train is rolling at this point.

I'm not fucking Carnac. I don't know what's going to happen.

I think we go 8-4 this season. Primarily because we are fucking losers.

I think we will find a way to cock up a few games we should win.

However, I think we have the ability to win 11-12. So we'll see.

There are things I like and things I don't like about Pete, but I doubt I'll have a definitive reaction until Apple Cup '17.

TL;DR - I don't fucking know, but it was a good hire and we sure as shit shouldn't fire him at this point.

I believe ( southern baptist style). Please pass the hot sauce.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    No

It made sense to hire Pete at the time we hired him. Anyone saying otherwise is a fuckhead (and I doubt anyone on this bored would say that). You could have questions about the success of former Boise coaches and that's fine, but no AD in their right mind with a legit shot at him in '13 doesn't take a serious look.

We've had 2 shit seasons, but for reasons that seem based in voodoo, hope, bullshit and impressively accurate statistical decisions we are legit winning an off-season Natty.

We? are recruiting like a motherfucker (except at QB), we have 104 starters back from a promising team (who blew a bunch of close games), we have a defense that seems poised to be our best in 25 years and we have a lot of potential playmakers on offense.

So, is Pete the guy? What are we going to do? Fire him? I'm not sure his performance thus far merits a canning. We could be on the doorstep of some really great shit. There is no AD on earth that would've canned him after these first two seasons, especially given that the hype train is rolling at this point.

There are things I like and things I don't like about Pete, but I doubt I'll have a definitive reaction until Apple Cup '17.

TL;DR - I don't fucking know, but it was a good hire and we sure as shit shouldn't fire him at this point.

disagree
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Yes
    So am I a doog?
    Another seven and six?
    Oh, fuck my life. Woof!
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    edited July 2016
    No
    The point of the thread wasn't to debate whether he should be fired after 2 years, but rather to discuss whether we think he has what his takes to win something of consequence, such as a conference title or national championship. I don't think you should fire any coach that quickly, unless they really drop a turd (Hi Tyrone!).

My spidey sense tells me he isn't capable. Forget the recruiting and the talent we have, he has shown a pattern of stupid decision making that will lose us some games every year.

That said, I think I will leave this thread alone until the end of this season. It still has to play out. But it comes down to results, and he can have no excuse for not getting them this year. We have the talent to win the conference, and if we can't, then he can hit the fuckin bricks, regardless of who has a contract or who we think we can get to replace him. Glengarry Glen Ross motherfuckers.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Yes
    In other words J is driving a discussion that has no answer behind it other than the whole "well, that's like my opinion man" ... LIPO over the season ... the team is poised for a big season ... sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride
    No
    Tequilla said:

In other words J is driving a discussion that has no answer behind it other than the whole "well, that's like my opinion man" ... LIPO over the season ... the team is poised for a big season ... sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride

AFTER SIXTEEN YEARS OF UNPARALLELED HEARTBREAK HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS? FUCK.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,134
    Yes
    Gladstone said:

disagree
    disagree
    No
    THIS FOOTBALL TEAM DOES NOT SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Yes
    Tequilla said:

He said, "Spidey Sense". End of arguement. Pete gotta go.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Yes
    EwaDawg said:

Gladstone said:

disagree
    disagree
    Agree
    edited July 2016
    No
    I'm still right. You should all be thanking me for encouraging discussion.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Yes
    chuck said:

I don't know why but I tried to read this whole dumb ass thread. Fuck me what a bunch of idiots *we* are here.

A vote of "yes", I think Pete is the guy is not a vote of support for him or the program. It's not support of anything. It's just a fucking prediction.

I just think *we* are there. The player development, roster development, and attitude (ready to rumble) all look like they're where they need to be. *We* have a shitload of good players...more than enough to win the Pac 12. There isn't a position group (outside of WR which is the least critical) that doesn't have quality, depth and experience. Every position group has players (even WR has Ross) that could go anywhere in the country and be standouts. UW's roster has been full of holes since the 90s due to bad recruiting, bad roster management, and bad player development but it's finally not the case.

Petersen has put together a team that can win. All that has to happen is good game day coaching. I voted yes because I think that's the easiest part and I think they'll probably get it right this year (or at least right enough). UW is going to win the north and at least be in the playoff conversation, which would mean I'm right for a change and Petersen is the guy. That's my prediction. It's not a statement of support. I'm not supporting anything.

- Do we have ANY receivers as good as Gabe Marks???

- Is the two deep roster filled with 4th and 5th year players?

uh huh.
    No
    chuck said:

I don't know why but I tried to read this whole dumb ass thread. Fuck me what a bunch of idiots *we* are here.

A vote of "yes", I think Pete is the guy is not a vote of support for him or the program. It's not support of anything. It's just a fucking prediction.

I just think *we* are there. The player development, roster development, and attitude (ready to rumble) all look like they're where they need to be. *We* have a shitload of good players...more than enough to win the Pac 12. There isn't a position group (outside of WR which is the least critical) that doesn't have quality, depth and experience. Every position group has players (even WR has Ross) that could go anywhere in the country and be standouts. UW's roster has been full of holes since the 90s due to bad recruiting, bad roster management, and bad player development but it's finally not the case.

Petersen has put together a team that can win. All that has to happen is good game day coaching. I voted yes because I think that's the easiest part and I think they'll probably get it right this year (or at least right enough). UW is going to win the north and at least be in the playoff conversation, which would mean I'm right for a change and Petersen is the guy. That's my prediction. It's not a statement of support. I'm not supporting anything.

I disagree with your prediction, but you got an awesome for at least getting the point of the thread.
    No
    chuck said:

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    Yes
    I couldn't make it through this thread, not in one sitting anyway. There are too many long ass Tequila posts. I think it took four reads over 10 days or something.