Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tina Fey Calls Out ‘Hollywood Bullshit'

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,532
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Give lower earners a tax credit then to make up for the (slightly) higher prices they would face at the pump.

Proving it will help of course is impossible until you try it, but that doesn't seem to stop innovation in tech and pharma, etc.

We have proof that the little ice age culled the herd of humanity a great deal. Thank whoever you thank we have warmed up.

I've had enough of we have to pass it to see what is in it with Obamacare.

Scare stories about cities under water are as effective as stories about eternal damnation to an atheist.

It is no small price at all that the poor pay for the rich liberals religion of global warming.
  • Options
    It's not a hypothetical scare story that coastal cities will see increased flooding. But fine, I can grasp the view that our existence here is transient enough to where we shouldn't worry about such things. However, the poor will pay either way, whether it be through taxes or forced migrations and higher food prices.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2016

Give lower earners a tax credit then to make up for the (slightly) higher prices they would face at the pump.

Proving it will help of course is impossible until you try it, but that doesn't seem to stop innovation in tech and pharma, etc.

We have proof that the little ice age culled the herd of humanity a great deal. Thank whoever you thank we have warmed up.

Scare stories about cities under water are as effective as stories about eternal damnation to an atheist.

It is no small price at all that the poor pay for the rich liberals religion of global warming.
    Lets also not ignore the like's of Al Gore, who stands to profit millions of dollars with his go green agenda. But of course getting rich from it is only an end result of him speaking from the heart.

These guys are smart though, using guilt to make millions, is a special skill few people can achieve.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My guess is we find a faster way to kill ourselves
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I think Earth will die from Nuclear bombs about a billion years before the greenhouse effect takes hold.
  • Options

Yes.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,003
    Swaye's Wigwam

You know who does social issues really good is Blackish. Anthony Anderson is great. Humor is the best way to reach people. It makes me think and care and there are things I don't agree with but the show is damn funny.

it's always about the black(ish) with you isn't it?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

What the fuck for? For allowing the ancestors of this herd of dumbfucks that surrounds us to survive?

I'm thinking another ice age might do us some good.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Race suddenly gives a fuck about the poor. And he's fucking Ciara.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Race suddenly gives a fuck about the poor. And he's fucking Ciara.

Why do you think I suddenly care about the poor. Do you have some proof that I didn't?

Are you admitting that you dont? Do you have a point or did you just drop in to be a dumbass?

Very poor poster. Horrible. Choker
  • Options
    If you cared about the poor you wouldn't be debating the origins and causes of climate change. Instead you'd be embracing steps and processes to mitigate and reduce it, since the poor are getting fucked the hardest by it. But you'd rather pretend there's nothing we can do about it, as we continue to fill the skies with millions of tons of known climate-changing greenhouse gases. But, Yay for poor people. Horseshit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you cared about the poor you wouldn't be debating the origins and causes of climate change. Instead you'd be embracing steps and processes to mitigate and reduce it, since the poor are getting fucked the hardest by it. But you'd rather pretend there's nothing we can do about it, as we continue to fill the skies with millions of tons of known climate-changing greenhouse gases. But, Yay for poor people. Horseshit.

How are the poor getting fucked by climate change the hardest? Other than by higher energy costs that are completely mam made by fucking idiots like you?

Spell it out moron
  • Options
    Here you go, Race. Have fun.

Scholarly articles for climate change harm poor
    … distributional impact of climate change on rich and poor … - ‎Mendelsohn - Cited by 285
    The economics of climate change: the Stern review - ‎Stern - Cited by 10041
    Risk communication on climate: mental models and … - ‎Sterman - Cited by 232
    Search Results
    How are the poor impacted by climate change?
    https://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-limits-poor-poverty...Skeptical Science
    They found the countries most severely impacted by climate change ... those who try to delay climate action, arguing that "CO2 limits will hurt the poor".
    Climate change: the poor will suffer most | Environment ...
    www.theguardian.com › Environment › Climate change
    The Guardian
    Mar 30, 2014 - UN report says that unless governments act now to reduce emissions, no one will be safe from effects of climate change.
    Climate change will hit poor countries hardest, study shows ...
    www.theguardian.com › ... › Environmental sustainability
    The Guardian
    Sep 27, 2013 - Climate change will hit poor countries hardest, study shows ... would worsen as climate change inevitably hurt crop production and disrupted ...
    Climate change and poverty - Wikipedia, the free ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_and_poverty
    Wikipedia
    Climate change affects social development factors, such as, poverty, ..... energy production, but diminish the harmful effects of typical consumption (UN 2005).
    Warming will hurt the poor but boost the rich in the short term
    https://www.newscientist.com/.../dn28055-warming-will-hu...
    New Scientist
    Aug 17, 2015 - Climate change is bad for everyone in the long term, but a new model suggests it could make the rich nations even richer to begin with.
    See What Climate Change Means for the World's Poor
    news.nationalgeographic.com/.../151201-da...
    National Geographic Society
    Dec 1, 2015 - The most damaging effects of the changing climate will hit stomachs as well as wallets. ... See What Climate Change Means for the World's Poor ..... realization that poorer countries are already being hurt by climate change.“Climate change affects the poorest in developing countries”
    www.worldbank.org/.../climate-change-affects-poorest-devel...
    World Bank
    Mar 3, 2014 - A changing climate affects the poorest people in developing countries the most. We need to act now to prevent rising temperatures and sea ...
    A bad climate for development | The Economist
    www.economist.com/node/14447171
    The Economist
    Sep 17, 2009 - Poor countries' economic development will contribute to climate change. ... example of how climate change is wreaking devastation in poor countries. ... The indirect harm, through its impact on water supplies, crop yields and ...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Use your own words. Poor countries are fucked regardless. Making the American poor suffer for no reason doesn't change that. Making the American poor decide between food or heat or gas to get to work doesn't help the "poor countries" hypothetical suffering someday in the future maybe because you know it may get warmer. Or colder.

I want to know how I am wrong in saying the poor in America are getting fucked by not imposing additional costs on them for energy that they have to have.

We already have one dumbfuck here who knows how to link wiki.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Use YOUR own words, @RaceBannon, instead of appropriating the talking points of the oil and gas lobby. Those guys a) just fucking love poor people, and b) have nothing to do with energy prices as I do, because I set energy prices. That's what I do.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Use YOUR own words, @RaceBannon, instead of appropriating the talking points of the oil and gas lobby. Those guys a) just fucking love poor people, and b) have nothing to do with energy prices as I do, because I set energy prices. That's what I do.

Weak shit. A horrible poster. Low energy. His own state hates him. Next time you jump in bring something.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Weak shit. A horrible poster. Low energy. His own state hates him. Next time you jump in bring something.
    Jeb!