Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tina Fey Calls Out ‘Hollywood Bullshit'

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Race: You're a climate change denier. Just own it and leave it at that. Spare the suffering poor stuff. If you really cared about that, you wouldn't support sitting on your hands until the last 2 or 3 scientists on earth finally come around to it's validity. It's too convenient to be believable that your concerns about the poor drive your ideology. If you want to keep making that argument, go ahead. But it just doesn't fly.

I'm not the one in denial here. Neither of you have refuted one sentence of my argument because you can't and you know it. Regardless of the climate changing and what is causing it and what can be done about it you cannot justify the very real current cost of jacking up gas, coal, and electric power that directly fucks the poor TODAY. There is nothing theoretical about it.

this isn't about clean air. I have no problem with that. It's about imposing costs for something that you can't show a benefit for. Just some maybe down the road the city is going to flood or not. That's bull shit and you know it.

It is not trolling its a fact. This is fucking the poor for no reason. It is the typical elitist bulls shit that defines the modern left. The poor don't care about what they MIGHT face in the future. They care about what they are going to do today.

I don't give a shit what you beleive about me, tell me how it isn't fucking them. California has higher gas prices for clean air which is reasonable and has worked. Then they tack on a .60 cent a gallon global warming tax that nobody knows where the money goes and what it does. That is but one example
    It pays for all those scientists who won't get paid if it doesn't keep getting warmer! So to keep their jobs they fudge numbers ignore data that disproves their theories and put temperature data collection gauges near A/C heat exchangers. It's called job security.
    Wwooosssshhhh.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Race: You're a climate change denier. Just own it and leave it at that. Spare the suffering poor stuff. If you really cared about that, you wouldn't support sitting on your hands until the last 2 or 3 scientists on earth finally come around to it's validity. It's too convenient to be believable that your concerns about the poor drive your ideology. If you want to keep making that argument, go ahead. But it just doesn't fly.

I'm not the one in denial here. Neither of you have refuted one sentence of my argument because you can't and you know it. Regardless of the climate changing and what is causing it and what can be done about it you cannot justify the very real current cost of jacking up gas, coal, and electric power that directly fucks the poor TODAY. There is nothing theoretical about it.

this isn't about clean air. I have no problem with that. It's about imposing costs for something that you can't show a benefit for. Just some maybe down the road the city is going to flood or not. That's bull shit and you know it.

It is not trolling its a fact. This is fucking the poor for no reason. It is the typical elitist bulls shit that defines the modern left. The poor don't care about what they MIGHT face in the future. They care about what they are going to do today.

I don't give a shit what you beleive about me, tell me how it isn't fucking them. California has higher gas prices for clean air which is reasonable and has worked. Then they tack on a .60 cent a gallon global warming tax that nobody knows where the money goes and what it does. That is but one example
    It pays for all those scientists who won't get paid if it doesn't keep getting warmer! So to keep their jobs they fudge numbers ignore data that disproves their theories and put temperature data collection gauges near A/C heat exchangers. It's called job security.
    Wwooosssshhhh.
    Yeah I have a bridge you need to buy.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh.
    Jump off of it.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1

Sledog said:

Whats funnier is DeCaprio fling all over in a private jet, renting a huge yacht and having 4 big ass houses! I guess all his stuff must run on unicorn farts! Global warming's a myth in my book but to believe it's the greatest threat to man and then use more fossil fuels than a few hundred people would is asinine. He's liberal so therefore not a hypocrite.

Are you saying Hollywood doesn't live how it preaches?

Global warming is real. What is being argued is to what effect do humans play in this. Many scientists theorize that Venus used to be a lot like Earth until an out of control green house effect turned it into what it is today. Of course, that wasn't man made, so is Earth just gradually heading into that direction naturally, and are we speeding it up? If it's happening naturally, obviously the point then means, we really don't have control over it. That's the argument.
    you sure?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh.
    Oh, you were being serious? Holy fuck. Well, I guess I need to learn that scientists only have jobs if they project the earth is warmer. And scientists clearly are in control of where everyone puts thermometers. I mean, they went out to the airport's and moved them from open fields right next to the AC units. Then, they ensured to run the AC units all winter.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh.
    Oh, you were being serious? Holy fuck. Well, I guess I need to learn that scientists only have jobs if they project the earth is warmer. And scientists clearly are in control of where everyone puts thermometers. I mean, they went out to the airport's and moved them from open fields right next to the AC units. Then, they ensured to run the AC units all winter.
    Just look at many of the reports RIF. Of course disregard all those emails saying don't put in that data it will ruin our model! Lie!
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh.
    Just look at many of the reports RIF. Of course disregard all those emails saying don't put in that data it will ruin our model! Lie!
    I keep waiting for "the earth is in a 17 year cooling period" from you.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh.
    Why bother? It's now "climate change" a name that can be used to take more earnings from working folks is just that, a name. Another scam. Nothing more. I like the middle ages hockey stick better. Must have been all those fossil fuels they burned..............
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,956
    This is a really disappointing thread.

Not one 'wood hit' for Tina Fey.

Shameful really.
  • Options

Shameful really.

Oddly,, only when dressed as Palin.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh.
    Why bother? It's now "climate change" a name that can be used to take more earnings from working folks is just that, a name. Another scam. Nothing more. I like the middle ages hockey stick better. Must have been all those fossil fuels they burned..............
    Do you have anything of actual substance to say? I mean you sound like a copy paste from Limpdicks website.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,956
    2001400ex said:

Shameful really.

Oddly,, only when dressed as Palin.
    I know, right?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh.
    Do you have anything of actual substance to say? I mean you sound like a copy paste from Limpdicks website.
    Just as much substance as you . Been to Limpdick? Whatever that is.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2016
    Dick_B said:

Sledog said:

Whats funnier is DeCaprio fling all over in a private jet, renting a huge yacht and having 4 big ass houses! I guess all his stuff must run on unicorn farts! Global warming's a myth in my book but to believe it's the greatest threat to man and then use more fossil fuels than a few hundred people would is asinine. He's liberal so therefore not a hypocrite.

Are you saying Hollywood doesn't live how it preaches?

Global warming is real. What is being argued is to what effect do humans play in this. Many scientists theorize that Venus used to be a lot like Earth until an out of control green house effect turned it into what it is today. Of course, that wasn't man made, so is Earth just gradually heading into that direction naturally, and are we speeding it up? If it's happening naturally, obviously the point then means, we really don't have control over it. That's the argument.
    you sure?
    http://www.universetoday.com/22577/venus-greenhouse-effect/

Here's some information for you to look at. If you look at other articles, you'll see that they believe this to be a natural occurrence because of it's proximity to the sun. Mercury doesn't have this issue, because it has no atmosphere.

Many scientists believe that Earth will have the same ending in about 1 billion years. This will be due to the sun increasing in size as it progresses into a Red Giant, shortening the distance of it to Earth. When that happens, many scientists believe that Mars would then be in the habitable zone.

But if you want to believe Venus was made like it was by past extraterrestrials to strengthen your argument then go for it. I think I'll stick to science on this one.

I do believe humans have an impact though to climate change. However, since the 1980's America has led the way to environmental awareness. Countries like China and India, do not follow these same concerns. China especially, creates more carbon dioxide than all developed countries put together.

Everything has a cost/benefit analysis. The cost of America furthering it's control on carbon emissions is huge compared to the environmental benefit on a global scale if China and India continue to lead the way in carbon pollutants. Basically, it would be like using a garden hose to put out a forest fire.

China, India, and other large offenders also need to be on board, and are not. Isolating it to a select few nations like the US and the UK, creates a large economic disadvantage to us and doesn't do much to solve the problem. Keep this mind: Once China gets to a certain point, winds and currents will eventually push their environmental problems here, of which we'll have no recourse.

If other industrial countries like China don't follow suit, we're wasting time and money.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Wwooosssshhhh.
    Just as much substance as you . Been to Limpdick? Whatever that is.
    Clearly you don't get it.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #HotClimateTalk