Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    More importantly, @Swaye got the Tina Fey non misogynist stamp of approval.
    “Is it misogynistic to sleep with a bunch of women who want to sleep with you,” she added.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

It's easy for Hollywood to criticize society when they live their lives like it's a book. They don't face the same problems that we do. They read about it, but they don't know...

Give them a $3000/month salary with a grunt job and have them live in the flats for 2 years, and then see what they have to say...

I'm sorry, but people working full-time struggling each day, having to manage a budget, not having a nanny take care of their kids; climate change is the last thing on their minds.

Excellent argument for why it shouldn't be politicized, and put into the hands of the scientists at NOAA.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The hollywood obsession with social justice is bullshit. Yes it can be incorporated in your work, but it shouldn't dominate everything
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

The hollywood obsession with social justice is bullshit. Yes it can be incorporated in your work, but it shouldn't dominate everything

http://www.hulu.com/watch/254133
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You know who does social issues really good is Blackish. Anthony Anderson is great. Humor is the best way to reach people. It makes me think and care and there are things I don't agree with but the show is damn funny.
  • Options

You know who does social issues really good is Blackish. Anthony Anderson is great. Humor is the best way to reach people. It makes me think and care and there are things I don't agree with but the show is damn funny.

Agree, excellent show. It was better before they lost Charlie and his focus powder though.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Although their #blacklives matter episode was fucking dreck.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Although their #blacklives matter episode was fucking dreck.
    I had that one in mind when I said there were things I didn't agree with but doing that episode with a family in Beverley Hills, and having the son clueless about the "struggle" made its own point

Pretty clever
  • Options

It's easy for Hollywood to criticize society when they live their lives like it's a book. They don't face the same problems that we do. They read about it, but they don't know...

Give them a $3000/month salary with a grunt job and have them live in the flats for 2 years, and then see what they have to say...

I'm sorry, but people working full-time struggling each day, having to manage a budget, not having a nanny take care of their kids; climate change is the last thing on their minds.

Excellent argument for why it shouldn't be politicized, and put into the hands of the scientists at NOAA.
    lol at the idea NOAA isn't political
    For a Trump guy you sure have a lot of confidence in the political class to get it right on climate change.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    Whats funnier is DeCaprio fling all over in a private jet, renting a huge yacht and having 4 big ass houses! I guess all his stuff must run on unicorn farts! Global warming's a myth in my book but to believe it's the greatest threat to man and then use more fossil fuels than a few hundred people would is asinine. He's liberal so therefore not a hypocrite.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

For a Trump guy you sure have a lot of confidence in the political class to get it right on climate change.
    I listen to science. It isn't settled you know. When I hear what we need to do to attain what result at what cost I may give a shit. Probably be dead by that time though
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sledog said:

Whats funnier is DeCaprio fling all over in a private jet, renting a huge yacht and having 4 big ass houses! I guess all his stuff must run on unicorn farts! Global warming's a myth in my book but to believe it's the greatest threat to man and then use more fossil fuels than a few hundred people would is asinine. He's liberal so therefore not a hypocrite.

Are you saying Hollywood doesn't live how it preaches?

Global warming is real. What is being argued is to what effect do humans play in this. Many scientists theorize that Venus used to be a lot like Earth until an out of control green house effect turned it into what it is today. Of course, that wasn't man made, so is Earth just gradually heading into that direction naturally, and are we speeding it up? If it's happening naturally, obviously the point then means, we really don't have control over it. That's the argument.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I listen to science. It isn't settled you know. When I hear what we need to do to attain what result at what cost I may give a shit. Probably be dead by that time though
    Great moral stance as always. Charging people a little extra money to burn petrochemicals so that the entire planet doesn't spiral into drought and the near extinction of humanity is actually not fascism, it's just prudent behavior. Not taking smaller action now just increases the likelihood that future politicians will panic and push for more authoritarian action later.
  • Options
    Give lower earners a tax credit then to make up for the (slightly) higher prices they would face at the pump.

Proving it will help of course is impossible until you try it, but that doesn't seem to stop innovation in tech and pharma, etc.
  • Options
    Climate deniers like to complain, which is easy to do with big and ambitious projects; but how about answering what you would do when Miami and New Orleans are under water in 75 years or less.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    Yeah if it wasn't for leaving out the middle ages "hockey stick" temperature spike and just leaving out all data that didn't support their theory and then circulating emails so that they were all on the same page about fudging the data they might have had more credibility. Makes it a hard sell when they're lying like rugs.

If NLO and Florida go under they were meant to. But then who's idea was it to build a city below sea level in the first place?