Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tina Fey Calls Out ‘Hollywood Bullshit'

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2016
    I have zero chance of convincing a dumb-ass climate denier of anything, Race. But I call bullshit when I see it. Trotting out the old "choosing between food or gas" is a lib-tard talking point, hilariously spewing from you. The "poor families" in my area choose between Air Jordans vs. authentic NFL jerseys an iPhone 6 vs. 6 Plus, or a Navigator vs. a BMW, all while their kids eat FRL meals while we subsidize their rent AND ENERGY COSTS. Cry me a river. You're less authentic than Hillary.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have zero chance of convincing a dumb-ass climate denier of anything, Race. But I call bullshit when I see it. Trotting out the old "choosing between food or gas" is a lib-tard talking point, hilariously spewing from you. The "poor families" in my area choose between Air Jordans vs. authentic NFL jerseys an iPhone 6 vs. 6 Plus, or a Navigator vs. a BMW, all while their kids eat FRL meals while we subsidize their rent AND ENERGY COSTS. Cry me a river. You're less authentic than Hillary.

You don't know anything about me. it isn't a talking point its a fact. I've lived it.

You have nothing to add here. Go back to Doogman and support Ty some more. All you cowards coming over here had to change you user names out of embarrassment over how fucking stupid you were and are.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Use your own words. Poor countries are fucked regardless. Making the American poor suffer for no reason doesn't change that. Making the American poor decide between food or heat or gas to get to work doesn't help the "poor countries" hypothetical suffering someday in the future maybe because you know it may get warmer. Or colder.

I want to know how I am wrong in saying the poor in America are getting fucked by not imposing additional costs on them for energy that they have to have.

We already have one dumbfuck here who knows how to link wiki.

This is pretty poor concern trolling. I said in another post, and I stand behind it, that the poor will pay just as dearly for the effects of climate change than what they would through taxes. You're just kicking the can down the road, it doesn't make anything go away. But hey, China right? That's that can-do attitude.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Race: You're a climate change denier. Just own it and leave it at that. Spare the suffering poor stuff. If you really cared about that, you wouldn't support sitting on your hands until the last 2 or 3 scientists on earth finally come around to it's validity. It's too convenient to be believable that your concerns about the poor drive your ideology. If you want to keep making that argument, go ahead. But it just doesn't fly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Race: You're a climate change denier. Just own it and leave it at that. Spare the suffering poor stuff. If you really cared about that, you wouldn't support sitting on your hands until the last 2 or 3 scientists on earth finally come around to it's validity. It's too convenient to be believable that your concerns about the poor drive your ideology. If you want to keep making that argument, go ahead. But it just doesn't fly.

I'm not the one in denial here. Neither of you have refuted one sentence of my argument because you can't and you know it. Regardless of the climate changing and what is causing it and what can be done about it you cannot justify the very real current cost of jacking up gas, coal, and electric power that directly fucks the poor TODAY. There is nothing theoretical about it.

this isn't about clean air. I have no problem with that. It's about imposing costs for something that you can't show a benefit for. Just some maybe down the road the city is going to flood or not. That's bull shit and you know it.

It is not trolling its a fact. This is fucking the poor for no reason. It is the typical elitist bulls shit that defines the modern left. The poor don't care about what they MIGHT face in the future. They care about what they are going to do today.

I don't give a shit what you beleive about me, tell me how it isn't fucking them. California has higher gas prices for clean air which is reasonable and has worked. Then they tack on a .60 cent a gallon global warming tax that nobody knows where the money goes and what it does. That is but one example
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Disagree.

Your argument boils down to two parts:

a) that the poor will be disproportionately hit by carbon taxes passed down to the consumer.

I already proposed a tax credit to offset hearing and transportation costs, which is already active in some parts of the country as a furnace oil subsidy.

b) that you can't "see" the effects of climate change.

It's not hypothetical that Miami will be flooded within the next 50-100 years. Sea levels are rising and last I checked Miami isn't, so do your own math there.

Elitist bullshit is patronizing poor people by thinking you have to watch out for their well being because they're unable to do so.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree.

Your argument boils down to two parts:

a) that the poor will be disproportionately hit by carbon taxes passed down to the consumer.

I already proposed a tax credit to offset hearing and transportation costs, which is already active in some parts of the country as a furnace oil subsidy.

b) that you can't "see" the effects of climate change.

It's not hypothetical that Miami will be flooded within the next 50-100 years. Sea levels are rising and last I checked Miami isn't, so do your own math there.

Elitist bullshit is patronizing poor people by thinking you have to watch out for their well being because they're unable to do so.

Disagree entirely and completely and decisively
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Give lower earners a tax credit then to make up for the (slightly) higher prices they would face at the pump.

Proving it will help of course is impossible until you try it, but that doesn't seem to stop innovation in tech and pharma, etc.

Yes!!!! Throw Tax credits and Government Mandates at the problem. Always an effective method of achieving a desired result. Warming is real. It may be man made. It may not be but charging the poor American working stiff trying to get to work and maybe take the family to the park or the woods won't even put a scratch in the level of Co2 emissions on this big blue marble. Assuming that Co2 is the problem.

But libtards will feel good because they can say they did something as they cruise their electric car which is probably half powered by coal plants silently down the road.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2016
    dflea said:

Give lower earners a tax credit then to make up for the (slightly) higher prices they would face at the pump.

Proving it will help of course is impossible until you try it, but that doesn't seem to stop innovation in tech and pharma, etc.

We have proof that the little ice age culled the herd of humanity a great deal. Thank whoever you thank we have warmed up.

I've had enough of we have to pass it to see what is in it with Obamacare.

Scare stories about cities under water are as effective as stories about eternal damnation to an atheist.

It is no small price at all that the poor pay for the rich liberals religion of global warming.
    What the fuck for? For allowing the ancestors of this herd of dumbfucks that surrounds us to survive?

I'm thinking another ice age might do us some good.

We got a jersey wearer here folks.

Set my energy price Doog!
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Yes!!!! Throw Tax credits and Government Mandates at the problem. Always an effective method of achieving a desired result. Warming is real. It may be man made. It may not be but charging the poor American working stiff trying to get to work and maybe take the family to the park or the woods won't even put a scratch in the level of Co2 emissions on this big blue marble. Assuming that Co2 is the problem.

But libtards will feel good because they can say they did something as they cruise their electric car which is probably half powered by coal plants silently down the road.
    Nearly all climate scientists agree that it's man-made, but I'm going to listen to some Cuog on a message board. Sure.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

salemcoog said:

Nearly all climate scientists agree that it's man-made, but I'm going to listen to some Cuog on a message board. Sure.
    I'm hearing the science is settled.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

That's a fucktarded metaphor.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2016

salemcoog said:

OK!

Science has been settled chinnumberable times through human history.

Only to be disproven with further knowledge, research, measurement, technology, etc.

Point being, saying that "science is settled" actually flies in the face of the scientific method. Especially when it's said by a fucktarded politician-cum-filmmaker clutching an Oscar like it's a premature Nobel.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

salemcoog said:

Steroids work wonders.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

OK!

Only to be disproven with further knowledge, research, measurement, technology, etc.

Point being, saying that "science is settled" actually flies in the face of the scientific method. Especially when it's said by a fucktarded politician-cum-filmmaker clutching an Oscar like it's a premature Nobel.
    I'm not claiming to have a monopoly on the truth, and climate scientists aren't saying that we have to write their words down on stone tablets.

Anyways, if science isn't settled in general why do any sort of research?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

but how about answering what you would do when Miami and New Orleans are under water in 75 years or less.

Allah willing...
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

salemcoog said:

OK!

Just because science has been "wrong" in the past does not mean we ignore the overwhelming scientific findings of the present.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2016

salemcoog said:

It's natural as well. Look at Venus. A natural greenhouse effect turned Venus into what it is today. It will happen to earth regardless of what we do. Are we speeding it up? That's debatable. But I'll tell you that the major problem makers in China and India need to also stop if you want to reverse the man made problem. They won't, so again, what's the point?

Get off your high horse, and provide a rational thought just for once. It's embarrassing seeing this guilt filled drivel you keep throwing up on these boards. Get some common sense and a clue.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,042

I'm not the one in denial here. Neither of you have refuted one sentence of my argument because you can't and you know it. Regardless of the climate changing and what is causing it and what can be done about it you cannot justify the very real current cost of jacking up gas, coal, and electric power that directly fucks the poor TODAY. There is nothing theoretical about it.

this isn't about clean air. I have no problem with that. It's about imposing costs for something that you can't show a benefit for. Just some maybe down the road the city is going to flood or not. That's bull shit and you know it.

It is not trolling its a fact. This is fucking the poor for no reason. It is the typical elitist bulls shit that defines the modern left. The poor don't care about what they MIGHT face in the future. They care about what they are going to do today.

I don't give a shit what you beleive about me, tell me how it isn't fucking them. California has higher gas prices for clean air which is reasonable and has worked. Then they tack on a .60 cent a gallon global warming tax that nobody knows where the money goes and what it does. That is but one example
    It pays for all those scientists who won't get paid if it doesn't keep getting warmer! So to keep their jobs they fudge numbers ignore data that disproves their theories and put temperature data collection gauges near A/C heat exchangers. It's called job security.