Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

5 Reasons *Our* Spartans beat Alabama

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Derek please delete this thread now.

CHRIST
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016

The SEC has been on espn since 1979

Their new contract is very lucrative, especially for an area void of big markets. Atlanta is about 11th or 12th. If you want to count Miami for Floriduh (big stretch) they're close to Atlanta. Most of those states have small TV markets. Gee, then ESPN helps create the SECN to hype its own product after the Longhorn Network flops. Interesting.
    It's almost as if companies invest money and resources into a successful product...weird.
    Check the facts. I've been over this 40 0r 50 times.

Just how much does ESPN have invested in the SEC?

– The ESPN-SEC contract that runs till 2034 isn’t just the longest sports rights deal, it’s the longest deal in all of television.

In 2008, ESPN signed a 15 year, $2.25 billion dollar deal with the SEC.

– This year, ESPN launched the SEC Network and the league’s revenue (and ESPN’s financial investment) is bound to skyrocket. ESPN owns the SEC Network and splits the profit with the SEC 50/50.

– ESPN worked directly with each individual school in the SEC to upgrade their broadcast facilities and capabilities for the SEC Network.

– ESPN runs the official website of the SEC – SECSports.com. On the homepage of the official website of the SEC, you’ll see links to ESPN.com, the SEC Network, and even The Paul Finebaum Show.

These factors go above and beyond any relationship that ESPN has with a league or conference, perhaps only outside the Longhorn Network and the University of Texas. ESPN may have relationships with the other conferences in college football, but nowhere near to this extent where they own a network and promote Finebaum on the league website.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/skepticism-healthy-espn.html

two different broadcasters on the network, analyst Brock Huard and anchor Cassidy Hubbarth, proclaimed that Florida State – one of only two teams in this week's AP top five not in the SEC – "barely escaped," "struggled" and took Wake Forest "down to the wire" in a game it won 43-3.

Jameis Winston is portrayed as an immature, piece of shit rapist. Nick Marshall is a thief and we never hear about it. Powerhouses St Penn and Ohio State get nailed in the past five years. Penn State situation was horrible, but they didn't gain any competitive advantage from that. When's the last time the SEC got nailed for shit? 1999? We all know they're the worst. It's a running theme here. I could go on and on...North Carolina... but I have to wake up at 6.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/the-worldwide-cheerleader-espn-and-the-college-football-playoff-20141028

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2016

CHRIST

Disagree. Another classic for the vault.
    Agreed. Deleting threads is Kim territory, but considering that PGOS posted that I am not surprised. At all.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

CHRIST

Agreed. Deleting threads is Kim territory, but considering that PGOS posted that I am not surprised. At all.
    Maybe he's getting sick of all the notifications.

• Options
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016

PurpleJ said:

CHRIST

this

and the Bama avatars make my eyes bleed.

along with PLSS' poasts

and The Fire Marshall's
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

CHRIST

this

along with PLSS' poasts

and The Fire Marshall's
    Sweet dreams

• Options
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

CHRIST

this

along with PLSS' poasts

and The Fire Marshall's
    Sweet dreams

"I can't see!"
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama is going to plunger USC. They have five star talent that are young back ups. They will be coached up. Alabama reloads. USC is way too soft.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is this still on?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

no_uh said:

Late double down by puppy as the SEC continues to own the bowls... Can't say it wasn't expected.

A lot of the bowls were against shitty teams.

Still impressive though. I'm looking at you UCLA.

Dardanus said:

You too Dardanus? wow...

I'm not always right and have never claimed to be. I thought Oklahoma would beat Clemson rather easily.

But to discredit a good team because they are in the SEC and therefore get more credit and recognition by national media (which is partly earned and partly because it drives ratings) is as dumb as blindly supporting any team or conference while ignoring facts to the contrary.
    Yeah, but the avatar...

I picked Bammer because they're a good team with a good coach. That doesn't mean the SEC hasn't been overrated, overhyped, and has received some bogus credit over the last 10 years...
    Yeah those 7 straight NT's were all hype! lol
    Pretty easy to win a NC when you two teams in your conference play each other

Go look up SEC Heismans and NCs vs. other conferences from 2006-2015 vs. 1970-2005 newb. Then look up SEC TV contracts. Then see if you can piece it together.
    Well thanks for adding a few truths billy, even though I just said the same thing, andd have been for many years, but at least 1 othe r person sees what ive been pounding into the sheep herd here, and the sewing circle at dawgman for 20 years.. HangFire Bill gets it. Thats 2 of us here at HH. I expect that number to increase exponentially as people start to see the light.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PurpleJ said:

Dardanus said:

You too Dardanus? wow...

I'm not always right and have never claimed to be. I thought Oklahoma would beat Clemson rather easily.

But to discredit a good team because they are in the SEC and therefore get more credit and recognition by national media (which is partly earned and partly because it drives ratings) is as dumb as blindly supporting any team or conference while ignoring facts to the contrary.
    Yeah, but the avatar...

I picked Bammer because they're a good team with a good coach. That doesn't mean the SEC hasn't been overrated, overhyped, and has received some bogus credit over the last 10 years...
    Yeah those 7 straight NT's were all hype! lol
    Listen cisco you spawned out new fish. The SEC was auto-placed in those 7 bcs bowls. Odds were pretty good theyd win them when there were 8 teams from other conferences, licking their chops for a shot at the SEC, but sitting home because their respective AD's chose not to play 4 FCS schools in non conference play.

As puppy duly noted, on countless occasions, the SEC was the minority in championships won over the last 40 years. Magically they found themselves in 7 straight bcs "championship" games, one against each other.

Basically, Alabama had to win 1 difficult game a year to be in the silver spoon championship game, with a red-carpet reception. Beat Auburn (after playing an fcs tune-up g a me vs Charelston Southern prior, and they were in (didnt matter how good Auburn was). Teams like Stanford were playing Oregon and Notre Dame in week 11 and 12.

Bama's starters are all rested, healthy because they didnt have to play vs fcs teams, while their depth got significant and important playing time prior to their rivalry game vs 6-6 Auburn, and an auto bcs bid.

Now that 4 conferences get an actual opportunity, the SEC just lost their inherent advantage of the corrupt bcs past..

Mark my words, despite the outcome of Clemson-Alabama, you will see the SEC average out like the prior 30 years before their 7-straight bcs freebie titles.

If Auburn, Alabama and LSU actually traveled to solid power 5 stadiums out of conference, they wouldnt be 12-1 every single year, with a free ride to title. Other conferences earn the trip, Alabama just has to win 1 big game a year and theyre in. So cut the shit cissy, I aint buying it.
    You wrote a lot. Fag.
    Nice retort
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hey J. The pac 12 and sec have exact same bowl win % over last 2 years. The difference? The SEC went 2-5 vs ranked teams last year, the pac 12 went 5-1. Hardy har. Remember too, oregon and asu beat their respective teams this year which would have given pac12 clear nod (remember too the pac12 has 2 less bowl eligable teams. ) However flukes got in the way of reality.

Its ok to declare the pac12 the better conference. The sta t s and facts say so, but if you want to believe what arbitrary and senseless ESPN sta t s tell you go right ahead. Puppy knows better (hence HH knows too).
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Hey J. The pac 12 and sec have exact same bowl win % over last 2 years. The difference? The SEC went 2-5 vs ranked teams last year, the pac 12 went 5-1. Hardy har. Remember too, oregon and asu beat their respective teams this year which would have given pac12 clear nod (remember too the pac12 has 2 less bowl eligable teams. ) However flukes got in the way of reality.

Its ok to declare the pac12 the better conference. The sta t s and facts say so, but if you want to believe what arbitrary and senseless ESPN sta t s tell you go right ahead. Puppy knows better (hence HH knows too).

Blowing a 31 point lead is not a fluke
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Last time I checked everyone here was changing to a Bama pic and chanting SEC SEC SEC. Purpy knows better (hence HH knows too).