Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

5 Reasons *Our* Spartans beat Alabama

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2016
    Pac-12 plays a bunch of patsies in their bowls. Look at the matchups Pup! You're also disqualified from discussion when your conference hasn't produced a title winner in over a decade, and no one besides USC has won in 25 years. Titles are the best measure of success you fucking doog.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

What a game by Bama ... not sure that they can play much better. I definitely underestimated the abilities of their front 4 and ability to get pressure.

On top of that, Sparty played scared and that the moment was too big for them. That really surprised me.

We are definitely getting the 2 best teams in college football in the title game

Ohio State would have something to say about that. Imagine UW playing Magna and Lindy this year
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2016

You mean sec and 2-7 in bowl games like last year? Pac12 dominated bowl season last year and on its way this year.

let the bowls play out this year before popping off. If SEC wins the rest of its bowl games ill give them their due credit. As it stands now pac12 is 12-4 in bowl games the last 2 years. SEC? 7-9 thus far roughly

The pac-12 is 1-2 against power conferences in bowls sp far. SEC 3-0
  • Options
    4-0 with Tennessee blowing out that team that beat a physical stanford team. 4-1 when Michigan probably beats Florida
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

You mean sec and 2-7 in bowl games like last year? Pac12 dominated bowl season last year and on its way this year.

let the bowls play out this year before popping off. If SEC wins the rest of its bowl games ill give them their due credit. As it stands now pac12 is 12-4 in bowl games the last 2 years. SEC? 7-9 thus far roughly

I guess TAMU's loss to Louisville doesn't count. Got it. Continue on with the gurgling.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

dhdawg said:

I guess TAMU's loss to Louisville doesn't count. Got it. Continue on with the gurgling.
    It does. But then so does auburn's win over memphis
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

HuskyInAZ said:

dhdawg said:

Louisville is in the ACC. Memphis is in the American or Con USA or some shit (tier conference).
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2016
    dhdawg said:

HuskyInAZ said:

dhdawg said:

As @Fire_Marshall_Bill pointed out, Memphis is in the AAC. But when you are blinded by all that junk down there while gurgling SEC balls, it's really hard to see things clearly.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    You got me. I thought Louisville was in the aac. Whatever 4-2
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016
    SEC is 4-2 against Power 5 conferences so far (the fake Aussie steak bowl is essentially over).

They've beaten mediocre Texas Tech and NC State and top 15 Michigan State and Northwestern. Georgia also gets to play a 7-5 depleted Penn State team tomorrow in the Gator Bowl.Remember Emmert's sanctions because Sandusky was naughty? The ones that had nothing to do with actual advantages gained? There's where the depletion comes in.

If they can win the NC, the Sugar Bowl, Liberty Bowl, sure they deserve some credit. It doesn't mean they haven't received some undue credit they've received over the past 10 years.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

msu shit the bed

uw puts up a better effort than this

Alabama is by far the best team MSU has faced all year. No bed shitting here, more like shit getting pushed in.
    Alabama is not by far better than Ohio State. Better. But not by far.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,433
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The committee needs to forget about conference champs. Ohio State would beat Oklahoma like a rented mule. Should have been 4th seed
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

msu shit the bed

uw puts up a better effort than this

Alabama is by far the best team MSU has faced all year. No bed shitting here, more like shit getting pushed in.
    Alabama is not by far better than Ohio State. Better. But not by far.
    Disagree. Ohio State has a lot of talent, but they've had problems putting it together this year, and they are not nearly as dominant along the line of scrimmage as Bama. That was easily the most speed, power and coordination MSU has seen all season. Scoreboard says it all.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Yeah, Stanford didnt deserve to be in the playoff vs Bambi.
  • Options

Yeah, Stanford didnt deserve to be in the playoff vs Bambi.

Good enough? Absolutely. Deserving? Absolutely not
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I like to say undue credit over 10 years in which they won 7 titles. I do that.

Enough living in past J, dont make me bring up SEC's record over last 40 years. Very pedestrian. Pac 10, Big 8 and big 10 ruled the roost. 7 corrupt bcs years shows me nothing.

Stanford would eat and shit out Alabama's lunch last night, or today in the rosebowl. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

HuskyInAZ said:

dhdawg said:

Whats comical is the lgbt SEC love affair all year. 10 teams in top 25 early. 1-2 at the end. Pretty much sums it up for me.