Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which Husky game made you a fan for life?

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

so wait... winning doesn't matter?

I'm confused.

I need to be dooglightened I guess

It matters but don't lie bro. In 1992 all of you Ducks would kill for this little 2007-2014 stretch. Hell in 2005 you would have too.
    Fuck yeah. So would you. Oregon's the winningest team in CFB since like 2009 or some shit like that. The only thing Oregon hasn't won is the natty, which is why you fucks moved the goalpoasts to "win a natty and pop off" from "win a Rose Bowl and pop off."

I don't really give a fuck, I'll pop off when I feel like it. I want a natty as much as the next guy, but a few Pac-12 championships, a Heisman trophy and two Rose Bowl trophies keep me feeling pretty good for the time being.
    Enjoy it while you can.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I'm confused.

It matters but don't lie bro. In 1992 all of you Ducks would kill for this little 2007-2014 stretch. Hell in 2005 you would have too.
    Fuck yeah. So would you. Oregon's the winningest team in CFB since like 2009 or some shit like that. The only thing Oregon hasn't won is the natty, which is why you fucks moved the goalpoasts to "win a natty and pop off" from "win a Rose Bowl and pop off."

I don't really give a fuck, I'll pop off when I feel like it. I want a natty as much as the next guy, but a few Pac-12 championships, a Heisman trophy and two Rose Bowl trophies keep me feeling pretty good for the time being.
    Enjoy it while you can.
    I have and I will.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Dawgenhire#3Dawgenhire#3 Member Posts: 13
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Story time from a fren...let's call him Jimmy in my 3rd person voice. Jimmy, not to be confused with little Jimmy, went to his first game in the 70s sitting near the tunnel but listened to the great RB wins in the late 70s on the radio returning home with the family from Sun Valley in the car during James early years.

But my "fren" became a die hard daWg fan (for you @AZDuck) for life watching the epic 85 Orange Bowl.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,008
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The Duck fans posting in this thread are doing a great job of re-enforcing stereotypes about Duck fans.

Huh?
    The Duck fans posting in this thread are doing a great job of re-enforcing stereotypes about Duck fans.

Seems pretty simple. Even someone with a U0 degree should be able to understand.

• Options
    AZDuck said:

college football is important. winning in November is important. If you disagree then fuck you

Winning in November is not more important than winning in October.

Winning in December and January are both more important than winning in November.

I'll give you that winning in November is more important than winning in August/September (non conf).

I am pretty sure half these duck fans don't even pay attention to NCAA football.

• Options
    EwaDawg said:

AZDuck said:

college football is important. winning in November is important. If you disagree then fuck you

Winning in November is not more important than winning in October.

Winning in December and January are both more important than winning in November.

I'll give you that winning in November is more important than winning in August/September (non conf).

I am pretty sure half these duck fans don't even pay attention to NCAA football.

doog
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Story time from a fren...let's call him Jimmy in my 3rd person voice. Jimmy, not to be confused with little Jimmy, went to his first game in the 70s sitting near the tunnel but listened to the great RB wins in the late 70s on the radio returning home with the family from Sun Valley in the car during James early years.

But my "fren" became a die hard daWg fan (for you @AZDuck) for life watching the epic 85 Orange Bowl.

Cool story Spooge
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    EwaDawg said:

AZDuck said:

This would explain why multiple dicks need to interrupt a Husky thread on a Husky board.

Sound like something right out of Doogman....
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I'm confused.

Enjoy it while you can.

Totally bro! Oregon hasn't done anything to their program's infrastructure to be successful long term. Nope, nothing.

Get the fuck out of here. Oregon has everything. They aren't going anywhere for a very very long time. They might have a lull here and there like everyone does, but everyone is in full go for athletics.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Mosster47 said:

CaptainPJ said:

Mosster47 said:

I am 32 years old and I don't have a recollection of UW ever being very good. There was 2000, but I watched the Ducks beat the Huskies that year at Autzen. Same as it ever was.

I was at "The Pick." It was cool, but I was still really young and didn't realize how important that Rose Bowl trip was.

What did it for me was Husky Stadium in 1997. What a bunch of smug asshole fans UW had back in those days. It was three 14 year old kids and one of our mom's. The shit that grown ass men said to us was ridiculous. Now having spent a lot of time on message boards with the people who would have made up that caring fan base in those days I totally get it.

Anyway, UW had those $75k purple helmets and yellow pants. So, so many empty seats. Just a complete shit show in contrast to the mighty Husky football program we were all supposed to witness. Akili floats that pass up, Pat catches it, and what little pride Husky fans had left was gone. UW has maybe beaten Oregon three times since then.

That is what did it for me. UW turned into absolute shit and still completely is while Oregon is one of the elite programs in the country. Sure, Don James quitting started the bleeding but to actually be there when Husky football died was something truly special.

I went back in 2007 and most Husky fans wouldn't even look me in the eye. Many were complimentary of Oregon. Empathy and battered wife syndrome had set in. Fast forward to last season with UW's new "gem" of a coach with his All-American littered defense that would turn the tide. Oregon has to start coasting early in the 3rd quarter as their 19 year old running back was starting to run up the score on his own. Same as it ever was.

Short version:

I'm a fucking cunt who's entire life revolves around a runner up team of 20 year olds.

Says the guy on an internet message board that revolves around a group or 20 year olds that would suck a mile of dick to be relevant by November.

You're in over your head.

Tell me more

Who gets to pose with half a ring?
    Certainly no one from 0regon.

• Options

Mosster47 said:

I am 32 years old and I don't have a recollection of UW ever being very good. There was 2000, but I watched the Ducks beat the Huskies that year at Autzen. Same as it ever was.

I was at "The Pick." It was cool, but I was still really young and didn't realize how important that Rose Bowl trip was.

What did it for me was Husky Stadium in 1997. What a bunch of smug asshole fans UW had back in those days. It was three 14 year old kids and one of our mom's. The shit that grown ass men said to us was ridiculous. Now having spent a lot of time on message boards with the people who would have made up that caring fan base in those days I totally get it.

Anyway, UW had those $75k purple helmets and yellow pants. So, so many empty seats. Just a complete shit show in contrast to the mighty Husky football program we were all supposed to witness. Akili floats that pass up, Pat catches it, and what little pride Husky fans had left was gone. UW has maybe beaten Oregon three times since then.

That is what did it for me. UW turned into absolute shit and still completely is while Oregon is one of the elite programs in the country. Sure, Don James quitting started the bleeding but to actually be there when Husky football died was something truly special.

I went back in 2007 and most Husky fans wouldn't even look me in the eye. Many were complimentary of Oregon. Empathy and battered wife syndrome had set in. Fast forward to last season with UW's new "gem" of a coach with his All-American littered defense that would turn the tide. Oregon has to start coasting early in the 3rd quarter as their 19 year old running back was starting to run up the score on his own. Same as it ever was.

tfs;dr
    Fixed

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I'm confused.

Enjoy it while you can.

Totally bro! Oregon hasn't done anything to their program's infrastructure to be successful long term. Nope, nothing.

Get the fuck out of here. Oregon has everything. They aren't going anywhere for a very very long time. They might have a lull here and there like everyone does, but everyone is in full go for athletics.
    coaching

is

everything

all of your other program infrastructure bullshit is wax for scaping

hth
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I'm confused.

Enjoy it while you can.

coaching

is

everything

all of your other program infrastructure bullshit is wax for scaping

hth
    Helfrich is 24-4 with a Rose Bowl win and national title appearance in his first 2 years. HTH
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,959
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I'm confused.

Enjoy it while you can.

Obsession.

The fact you are on a Huskieie bored stomping your feet, clamoring for attention only helps to cement your status as little brother. REAL winners don't give a fuck, Quook.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I'm confused.

Enjoy it while you can.

Obsession.

The fact you are on a Huskieie bored stomping your feet, clamoring for attention only helps to cement your status as little brother. REAL winners don't give a fuck, Quook. Wildcat

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I'm confused.

Enjoy it while you can.

Obsession.

The fact you are on a Huskieie bored stomping your feet, clamoring for attention only helps to cement your status as little brother. REAL winners don't give a fuck, Quook. Wildcat

Hope this helps.
  • Options

Coker had a natty and a natty loss his first two years. His only loss

Miami trended downward every year Coker was there.

Slingblade has gotten better.

13-2 > 11-2