Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HHB Glossary of Terms

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    phineas said:

Has anyone covered the "never had to play a ranked oregon state" thing?

He_needs_more_cock used it to favorably compare Sark to Don James.
  • Options

phineas said:

Has anyone covered the "never had to play a ranked oregon state" thing?

He_needs_more_cock used it to favorably compare Sark to Don James.
    Ummm that was Irish who said that.

Keep trying.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

I know I'm gonna get laughed at cause I don't know but where did the rather easily, say 34-17 come from

We win rather easily, say, 34-17?

What's the story behind this one?
    I thought that was already covered on the to do list for 5 reasons.

BTW, I still laugh when other fans on their sites take it seriously like Beavers fans last year.
    Was that a part of 5 reasons? My memory is that they were different posts but I could be wrong. Damone should be able to clear this up.
    It was part of the same one.

"1. Keith Price - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has three years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - We average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Hatchie, Brostek, Dolbec, Ikehara, Schaefer, White-Frisbee, etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Wilcox - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Holt and Wilcox, we will see a much improved defense on 9/1.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest our team has been in a long time. Doeontae Cooper, Connor Cree, Cooper Pelluer, Kavario Middleton, Will Chandler, etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that we haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think we can dominate the time of possession stat. The more we can shorten the game and keep our defense off of the field, the better chance we have to win the game.

I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17?"

This was a variation of the original one which was said before the Oregon game in 2008.
    flagged for leaving out ossai
    Back in 2008, a doog poasted the original 5 reasons on why UW would beat whOregon (ROFL). I think it was also in 2008 that BundawgFS poasted before UW played Oklahoma and said "I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17"
    34-17 was for the 2008 Oregon game
    Bondawg was 35-17 and he was the rather easily dude. For Oklahoma. I'll fight to the death on this one
    I only read the boards back then, but I remember it being Oklahoma as well. It stuck with me because it was such a FS comment. I remember thinking how stupid it was to think a team coming off a 2 win season was beating a top 10 team on the road.

It was originally Oregon, 2008
    5 reasons was certainly 2008 because the OL in 2008 really did average 332 pounds. Goodwin, Chris Polk, Jordan Polk, Kearse, etc were newbies, but they did add the speed. However, winning rather easily, say 34-17 came from the Oklahoma game in 2006.

I thought win rather easily was 2008 and the win rather easily was 35-17
    Is it 34-17 or 35-17? I've seen both used.

abundance
    Disagree. I copied 5 reasons directly in 2008 after it was posted and posted it without changes before every game that year. 34-17 was in the original. Maybe it was in Oklahoma 2006 too, but it was certainly part of the first 5 reasons.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

I know I'm gonna get laughed at cause I don't know but where did the rather easily, say 34-17 come from

We win rather easily, say, 34-17?

What's the story behind this one?
    I thought that was already covered on the to do list for 5 reasons.

BTW, I still laugh when other fans on their sites take it seriously like Beavers fans last year.
    Was that a part of 5 reasons? My memory is that they were different posts but I could be wrong. Damone should be able to clear this up.
    It was part of the same one.

"1. Keith Price - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has three years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - We average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Hatchie, Brostek, Dolbec, Ikehara, Schaefer, White-Frisbee, etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Wilcox - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Holt and Wilcox, we will see a much improved defense on 9/1.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest our team has been in a long time. Doeontae Cooper, Connor Cree, Cooper Pelluer, Kavario Middleton, Will Chandler, etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that we haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think we can dominate the time of possession stat. The more we can shorten the game and keep our defense off of the field, the better chance we have to win the game.

I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17?"

This was a variation of the original one which was said before the Oregon game in 2008.
    flagged for leaving out ossai
    Back in 2008, a doog poasted the original 5 reasons on why UW would beat whOregon (ROFL). I think it was also in 2008 that BundawgFS poasted before UW played Oklahoma and said "I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17"
    34-17 was for the 2008 Oregon game
    Bondawg was 35-17 and he was the rather easily dude. For Oklahoma. I'll fight to the death on this one
    I only read the boards back then, but I remember it being Oklahoma as well. It stuck with me because it was such a FS comment. I remember thinking how stupid it was to think a team coming off a 2 win season was beating a top 10 team on the road.

It was originally Oregon, 2008
    5 reasons was certainly 2008 because the OL in 2008 really did average 332 pounds. Goodwin, Chris Polk, Jordan Polk, Kearse, etc were newbies, but they did add the speed. However, winning rather easily, say 34-17 came from the Oklahoma game in 2006.

I thought win rather easily was 2008 and the win rather easily was 35-17
    Is it 34-17 or 35-17? I've seen both used.

abundance
    Disagree. I copied 5 reasons directly in 2008 after it was posted and posted it without changes before every game that year. 34-17 was in the original. Maybe it was in Oklahoma 2006 too, but it was certainly part of the first 5 reasons.
    That jackass does it every week.

Still funny when Fatters said that on the Boise boreds this year.
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1
    Has a 5 Reason been poasted on the Nawlins' bored yet?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Has a 5 Reason been poasted on the Nawlins' bored yet?

Good idea
  • Options
    Saintsreport.com is the main bored I believe
  • Options
    This would also be a good opportunity for ribs and rickshaw
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,212
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    4th Reich, Condooga chat, Mello's outing... That fucktard with all of the poker chips.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

The longer they stay the worse they play

I can't wait to hate all our highly rated recruits in two years and call for the next highly rated recruits to replace them

This reminds me of College Doog............
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The longer they stay the worse they play

I can't wait to hate all our highly rated recruits in two years and call for the next highly rated recruits to replace them

This reminds me of College Doog............
    It's almost like he was in college during the Sark era
  • Options
    Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary Testing 1 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can some of the Vets here elaborate on how kimmy got his insider information from a oregon intern?

The free board on doogman was pretty much shut down around the time kimmy said he had insider info oregon was getting the hammer. How did he spin that one?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can some of the Vets here elaborate on how kimmy got his insider information from a oregon intern?

The free board on doogman was pretty much shut down around the time kimmy said he had insider info oregon was getting the hammer. How did he spin that one?

Kim's Oregon source was "Bad Apple." Bad Apple pm'd Kim a bunch of bullshit and Kim ran with it.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He never said it was a prediction, it was just what he was hearing. Some of us needed to learn the difference.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,912
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

He never said it was a prediction, it was just what he was hearing. Some of us needed to learn the difference.

Now you are just being a twister.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    The newest one needs to be "It was Stringfellow" then "Nevermind it was so and so".

This started when Kim GrinoldsFS same day he tweeted to Stringfellow and the UW football account that why would he even consider staying at UW he stated he saw Stringfellow at practice.

15 minutes later Kim then corrected himself and said "Nevermind it was Jaylene Johnson". His stupidity continues to amaze me.
  • Options
    we also need to add "twister" and ______ superiority guy
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club
    edited May 2014
    One of these days I will devote an afternoon to creating a complete list.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    "I saw Stringfellow at _______"
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

"I saw Stringfellow at _______"