Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HHB Glossary of Terms

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

the O/U is 5 should be on there, where did that originate btw?

Harv. We kept trying to get him to add a 1/2 but he stood by 5. It was for number of Husky wins
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

the O/U is 5 should be on there, where did that originate btw?

I think it's from Condotta. There was this complete dipshit, ripty, that would always ask him the over under for UW wins in his chats and he always answered 5.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

I know I'm gonna get laughed at cause I don't know but where did the rather easily, say 34-17 come from

We win rather easily, say, 34-17?

What's the story behind this one?
    I thought that was already covered on the to do list for 5 reasons.

BTW, I still laugh when other fans on their sites take it seriously like Beavers fans last year.
    Was that a part of 5 reasons? My memory is that they were different posts but I could be wrong. Damone should be able to clear this up.
    It was part of the same one.

"1. Keith Price - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has three years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - We average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Hatchie, Brostek, Dolbec, Ikehara, Schaefer, White-Frisbee, etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Wilcox - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Holt and Wilcox, we will see a much improved defense on 9/1.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest our team has been in a long time. Doeontae Cooper, Connor Cree, Cooper Pelluer, Kavario Middleton, Will Chandler, etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that we haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think we can dominate the time of possession stat. The more we can shorten the game and keep our defense off of the field, the better chance we have to win the game.

I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17?"

This was a variation of the original one which was said before the Oregon game in 2008.
    flagged for leaving out ossai
    Back in 2008, a doog poasted the original 5 reasons on why UW would beat whOregon (ROFL). I think it was also in 2008 that BundawgFS poasted before UW played Oklahoma and said "I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17"
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

BayDawg said:

Very informative. This place is worth every penny.

I saw no mention of " what a great day to be a _____". Seems to be a big hit here.

it's what a cool week to be a _______ man/brah
    Sark said "what a cool week to be a husky" at some press conference after a win, I believe it was Arizona last year and we've recycled it filling in the blank
    The "what a cool week for the Washington Huskies man!" was the 2013 season after beating Arizona, being ranked in the Top 25 and about to play Top 15 Stanford.

• Options
    Founders Club
    poc81 said:

Who started the leg wrestling thing?

I thought the leg wrestling and 7-11 on Aurora in the U-District went together. Some stupid old fuck, BrentsFS maybe, poasted something saying he would Indian leg wrestle some HHB or other smart ass at the 7-11?

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    An insignificant hobby bored with 5 posters who all use aliases, has a 12 page glossary of terms?

wierd
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

An insignificant hobby bored with 5 posters who all use aliases, has a 12 page glossary of terms?

wierd

That's a great soundbite but we don't all use aliases.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,631
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

wierd

There are easily 6, possibly 7, posters here.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Barney said:

I think the "7-11 on aurora" originated one night in chat when dug the dawg threw one of his regularly scheduled temper tantrums. Seems like there had been a few assaults at 7-11s at the time.

@TierbsHsotBoobs True?
    I don't even remember how that shit started at this point.
    you suck then.

it was definitely a pitism.
    This.
    Also, fuck off der golve.

• Options
    Has friends in Portland who AGREE been added yet?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

I know I'm gonna get laughed at cause I don't know but where did the rather easily, say 34-17 come from

BTW, I still laugh when other fans on their sites take it seriously like Beavers fans last year.
    Was that a part of 5 reasons? My memory is that they were different posts but I could be wrong. Damone should be able to clear this up.

"1. Keith Price - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has three years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - We average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Hatchie, Brostek, Dolbec, Ikehara, Schaefer, White-Frisbee, etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Wilcox - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Holt and Wilcox, we will see a much improved defense on 9/1.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest our team has been in a long time. Doeontae Cooper, Connor Cree, Cooper Pelluer, Kavario Middleton, Will Chandler, etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that we haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think we can dominate the time of possession stat. The more we can shorten the game and keep our defense off of the field, the better chance we have to win the game.

This was a variation of the original one which was said before the Oregon game in 2008.
    Back in 2008, a doog poasted the original 5 reasons on why UW would beat whOregon (ROFL). I think it was also in 2008 that BundawgFS poasted before UW played Oklahoma and said "I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17"
    34-17 was for the 2008 Oregon game
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

Bondawg was 35-17 and he was the rather easily dude. For Oklahoma. I'll fight to the death on this one
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

Bondawg was 35-17 and he was the rather easily dude. For Oklahoma. I'll fight to the death on this one
    That's how I remember it as well.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

From the relatively short time I've spent here this is how I perceive the HH Heirarchy :
    Derek Johnson - founder and benevolent dictator
    Race Bannon - a well respected elder, emissary to rival forums, originator of many famous stories (like those at Autzen).
    TierbsHsotBoobs - also known as Sven (I think), possible founding member or one of the original revolutionaries that started the war against Dawgman.com.
    DNC, CuntWaffle, He_needs_more_time and a few others - higher ranked minions that try to keep things dialed in.

Am I very far off?

Yes, you are.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

You've always been one of my favorite posters
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2014

dhdawg said:

I only read the boards back then, but I remember it being Oklahoma as well. It stuck with me because it was such a FS comment. I remember thinking how stupid it was to think a team coming off a 2 win season was beating a top 10 team on the road.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dhdawg said:

You've always been one of my favorite posters
    Classy post.

Ps- I really like how you've embraced the quote function since our little chat.