Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HHB Glossary of Terms

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dhdawg said:

I know I'm gonna get laughed at cause I don't know but where did the rather easily, say 34-17 come from

We win rather easily, say, 34-17?

What's the story behind this one?
    I thought that was already covered on the to do list for 5 reasons.

BTW, I still laugh when other fans on their sites take it seriously like Beavers fans last year.
    Was that a part of 5 reasons? My memory is that they were different posts but I could be wrong. Damone should be able to clear this up.
    It was part of the same one.

"1. Keith Price - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has three years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - We average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Hatchie, Brostek, Dolbec, Ikehara, Schaefer, White-Frisbee, etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Wilcox - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Holt and Wilcox, we will see a much improved defense on 9/1.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest our team has been in a long time. Doeontae Cooper, Connor Cree, Cooper Pelluer, Kavario Middleton, Will Chandler, etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that we haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think we can dominate the time of possession stat. The more we can shorten the game and keep our defense off of the field, the better chance we have to win the game.

I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17?"

This was a variation of the original one which was said before the Oregon game in 2008.
    flagged for leaving out ossai
    Back in 2008, a doog poasted the original 5 reasons on why UW would beat whOregon (ROFL). I think it was also in 2008 that BundawgFS poasted before UW played Oklahoma and said "I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17"
    34-17 was for the 2008 Oregon game
    Bondawg was 35-17 and he was the rather easily dude. For Oklahoma. I'll fight to the death on this one
    You and Damone at the 7-11.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Damone's right you know.
  • Options
    dflea

The fuck? I JUST poasted.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Damone's right you know.

+1 and this.

The 2008 season ended at Oregon.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

I know I'm gonna get laughed at cause I don't know but where did the rather easily, say 34-17 come from

BTW, I still laugh when other fans on their sites take it seriously like Beavers fans last year.
    Was that a part of 5 reasons? My memory is that they were different posts but I could be wrong. Damone should be able to clear this up.

"1. Keith Price - He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has three years under his belt and he will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - We average a weight of 332 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Hatchie, Brostek, Dolbec, Ikehara, Schaefer, White-Frisbee, etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Wilcox - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between Holt and Wilcox, we will see a much improved defense on 9/1.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest our team has been in a long time. Doeontae Cooper, Connor Cree, Cooper Pelluer, Kavario Middleton, Will Chandler, etc. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that we haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think we can dominate the time of possession stat. The more we can shorten the game and keep our defense off of the field, the better chance we have to win the game.

This was a variation of the original one which was said before the Oregon game in 2008.
    Back in 2008, a doog poasted the original 5 reasons on why UW would beat whOregon (ROFL). I think it was also in 2008 that BundawgFS poasted before UW played Oklahoma and said "I think UW wins rather easily...say 34-17"
    Bondawg was 35-17 and he was the rather easily dude. For Oklahoma. I'll fight to the death on this one
    I only read the boards back then, but I remember it being Oklahoma as well. It stuck with me because it was such a FS comment. I remember thinking how stupid it was to think a team coming off a 2 win season was beating a top 10 team on the road.

I think they meant Oklahoma in 2008 which given UW was 0-2 and Oklahoma was playing for a national title was really fucking stupid.
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1

Damone's right you know.

+1 and this.

The 2008 season ended when Willingham wasn't fired at the 50 yard line in Hawaii in 2007.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dflea said:

dflea

You haven't moved?

Also, LEAVE!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    edited January 2014

Damone's right you know.

+1 and this.

The 2008 season ended when Willingham was hired in December of 2004.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

I only read the boards back then, but I remember it being Oklahoma as well. It stuck with me because it was such a FS comment. I remember thinking how stupid it was to think a team coming off a 2 win season was beating a top 10 team on the road.

It was originally Oregon, 2008
    5 reasons was certainly 2008 because the OL in 2008 really did average 332 pounds. Goodwin, Chris Polk, Jordan Polk, Kearse, etc were newbies, but they did add the speed. However, winning rather easily, say 34-17 came from the Oklahoma game in 2006.

• Options

dhdawg said:

5 reasons was certainly 2008 because the OL in 2008 really did average 332 pounds. Goodwin, Chris Polk, Jordan Polk, Kearse, etc were newbies, but they did add the speed. However, winning rather easily, say 34-17 came from the Oklahoma game in 2006.

I thought win rather easily was 2008 and the win rather easily was 35-17
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

Is it 34-17 or 35-17? I've seen both used.

• Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1

dhdawg said:

Is it 34-17 or 35-17? I've seen both used.

abundance
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,244
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

This is the case. 5 reasons had nothing to do with Bondawg and Oklahoma was before 2008. Some of you need to learn the difference
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,244
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So Damone was not right
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    Or two seperate posters made fucktarded predictions about the same game.
  • Options

Damone's right you know.

Since Race is spoilin' for a fight on this, I see the 7-11 thing is FINALLY going to happen.

dflea said:

dflea

You haven't moved?

Also, LEAVE!
    Moved? Who the fuck would let me move there?
  • Options

So Damone was not right

You are always there to point out all the times that Damone is wrong but what about all the times that he is right?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,146
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

This is the case. 5 reasons had nothing to do with Bondawg and Oklahoma was before 2008. Some of you need to learn the difference
    This is how I remember it as well. Both 5 reasons and the win rather easily prediction were from 2008 but 2 separate items that we've combined.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Has anyone covered the "never had to play a ranked oregon state" thing?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    phineas said:

Has anyone covered the "never had to play a ranked oregon state" thing?

Yes. That has been covered. Please ask own of the living in the past, "win a Rose Bowl and then pop off," Huskieie fan.

A good place to start would be AuburnDawgFS.