Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's Sad to see how far Dawgman.com Has Fallen

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam

It was a War and Peace sized novel with More_Cock.

The original title was actualy "War...what is it good for?".
    Separating the men from the Grinolds
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    Haven't seen Salaami post in ages. Assumed he was still banned. Guy was funny, when he wasn't in for mass genocide. But, I would be in for a mass genocide on Sounders fans. Just sayin'. Except FO, G. He can live.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,124 Founders Club
    Well... It appears that we are getting somewhere here.

For a bored that doesn't take the internetz seriously, I sure see a lot of serious responses to my pressing. We all like to act like we don't really give a shit, but I am sure most of us do. Grow the hell up and learn the difference between real life and the internet, huh? I don't see much of a difference. Those two things are a reflection of the other. Glad I got your attention, though.

The point I was making, in my usual fucktarded way of getting it across, was that I see a lot of similarities between dm and HH. It's inevitable. But I will ask you this: What is our goal? Are we here to be a funnier version of doogman? Is surpassing doogman the measuring stick of our success? Or is doogman a stepping stone to something far greater? I may not take myself very seriously, but I do take this site seriously and I want it to be great. If not, why bother?

Back to monroe's banning... I saw the message DJ sent and I didn't like it one bit. I saw a smug prideful response from DJ, and it reminded me of a certain vertically-challanged someone. So I spoke up. Fuck. That. Sure I could have been a bit more direct in my approach to calling DJ out, but as always, I needed to elicit an honest response. It seems I succeeded in that. I needed to get in your head and figure out what's there. Call it psychology... or something.

When I ran the dawgbored I never banned anyone, and maybe that is a naive approach to moderation. That's why I'm glad I don't have that responsibility anymore. But if there is one thing I believe in, it's second chances. If someone (Hi Harv!) is here to purposely undermine the site, then by all means, ban that fuck. But... If someone makes a mistake, then don't be afraid to give them another shot.

So uhh...I like boobies and shit, and commas,,,,,. Hardy har har. Pick'em is broken. I got a plan to fix it. We'll throw out everything up to and including this week. Call it a scrimmage. I'll do my best to make it up to the taco tiki and not puke all over the piñata.

Go fuck yourselves!!!!1
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Here's what's funny about you. When you first came over here last year from the dawgbored, you tentatively PM'd me asking if it was okay that you were here. I said of course, why do you ask? You said that you had been a big part of the dawgboard and took its demise pretty badly. You said that there had been a war of words with several HHBs, and you weren't sure that you would be welcome here.

What the fuck? This is a message board on the internet. You're worried that bunch of Half Brains who don't know who the fuck you really are won't "welcome you."

Jesus Christos some of you take the interwebs WAY too seriously.

this times 69.81
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    Did this thread just become a sort of fucked up HH kumbaya session? If so, I am totally in.
  • ORdawgORdawg Member Posts: 45

It was a War and Peace sized novel with More_Cock.

The original title was actualy "War...what is it good for?".
    Absolutely nothing. - Edwin Starr
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

PurpleJ, you bring little here to begin with. When I criticize the SEC I bring zero to the felt. Just SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC because you have nothing, other than antagonizing people. Clever. Fuck at least Cockus ocassionally brought a broom stick to the fight.

Not fucking ONCE have you backed your shit up. Dis the fuck appear until you can engage in some sort of debate or comeback...whether comedy or basic argument. You are a miserable failure at both, just like "your" bored. Hit the gates bitch.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,124 Founders Club

PurpleJ, you bring little here to begin with. When I criticize the SEC you bring zero back to the felt. Just SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC because you have nothing, other than antagonizing people. Clever. Fuck at least Cockus ocassionally brought a broom stick to the fight.

Not fucking ONCE have you backed your shit up. Dis the fuck appear until you can engage in some sort of debate or comeback...whether comedy or basic argument. You are a miserable failure at both, just like "your" bored. Hit the gates bitch.

If I wanted to give you comeback I would have ran a kleenex across your mom's sweet little mouth and handed you the tissue for you to wipe your tears with.

SEC SEC SEC
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    A serious reply to PurpleJ. I'm new here, there are some annoying posts, but I too would like this place to surpass former Husky football fan sites--in content and quality of information and sharing. I doubt it can reach full potential and remain a free site. At some point DJ and the management team is going to need to post the game plan.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,686 Founders Club

My sure fire method of not reading a thread that I know will annoy me is by not clicking on it. Hasn't failed me yet.

And I dont understand the whole "weeding through" complaint either. If people were posting 100 threads a hour then sure. But classifying 20 doogman threads as weeding? Give me a break.

You have clearly forgotten the He_Needs_More_Cock Era.
    He posted a lot but it wasn't like he flooded the board with hundreds of threads. I had 0 issues with Cockus (he was a really good poster) besides when he got overly pissy and made certain threads hard to watch.

Complaining about certain posters and threads is no worse than the abundance of doogman posts. Saying stuff like "in order for this site to grow" is basically like telling DJ to start playing the role of Kim and moderating more heavily to try and swing more posters over here (which has clearly been working great for Kim).

This site has been growing fine the way it is. Sure some people will get ran, but for the most part this place is pretty open to all kinds of posters. The ones that dont last are the ones who constantly complain about how this place should be "in order to grow". They dont try to add anything and all they do is cry about free beer to convert this place into something it isn't.

You dont have to know or like the inside jokes to post here. But if all you are going to do is complain about them then you will get ran.

People just need to post and have fun. Not worry about what the majority of threads are, up/down votes, or these "circle jerks". The internet isn't serious yet some make it out to be that way.

So just post and STFU about how you perceive how this place should look like. If you dont like it go find another site or create your own board.
    More Time and Irishdawg used to get into it. I think you were around. I pretty much agree with the rest.

I didn't have a problem with More Time either, but he did email Derek. A lot...
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,686 Founders Club

PurpleJ, you bring little here to begin with. When I criticize the SEC you bring zero back to the felt. Just SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC because you have nothing, other than antagonizing people. Clever. Fuck at least Cockus ocassionally brought a broom stick to the fight.

He's one of the four or five big SEC apologists. They rarely bring facts to the table, but it's fun to argue about and annoy them (at times) by bringing it up and complaining about how overrated it is...it goes both ways (faggy Grinolds wink) ;)