Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's Sad to see how far Dawgman.com Has Fallen

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    when you've lost Kirk... you've lost
  • ORdawgORdawg Member Posts: 45

The board is still finding a balance with dawgman bashing. It shouldn't go away, but there is line. The obsession is a little strong sometimes. It also never ends because this board gets new posters from over there that want to vent about recent interactions with Kim.

Bingo. I had to get Kim out of my system. I have now done that and am through bitching about his site.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I used to not know the difference between tailgater and ordawg. True story. I thought they were the same dude.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    edited September 2014

I used to not know the difference between tailgater and ordawg. True story. I thought they were the same dude.

ORDoog at least used to make sense...back in pre 2010 days anyway when I was there (and his 7 posts here)...Tailgater was always one nut short of a full twig and berries arrangement.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,686 Founders Club
    I've been here since the beginning and didn't think there would be 1,100 users by now. It was really slow the first six mos. Like 50 poasts per day.

With the growth comes growing pains. There are a lot of wannabe halfbrains trying real hard. It's fine at times, but shit gets old...or maybe that's my creative upbringing/schooling. Who knows..

From what I remember, this isn't supposed to be a direct competitor to DM, Roof, and DAwgpound, but a fansite. It's nice to have put a big dent in their numbers though.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,960 Swaye's Wigwam

I've been here since the beginning and didn't think there would be 1,100 users by now. It was really slow the first six mos. Like 50 poasts per day.

With the growth comes growing pains. There are a lot of wannabe halfbrains trying real hard. It's fine at times, but shit gets old...or maybe that's my creative upbringing/schooling. Who knows..

From what I remember, this isn't supposed to be a direct competitor to DM, Roof, and DAwgpound, but a fansite. It's nice to have put a big dent in their numbers though.

Two dads?

For someone with a creative upbringing, you sure seem to rail on the same old shit over and over just like the rest of us fucktards who didn't have the benefit of creative schooling.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited September 2014

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

The issue with this site is... It's an circle jerk of 5 sweat pants boners (up from 3 since I started trying to get this place dialed in, thanks @irishdawg22) in their moms basement. And you have to weed through 23 threads whining about DMC to get to a football thread that's 81% right.

I like the atmosphere here, and it's growing. But it will never be the DMC replacement until the inside jokes and DMC obsession become a side show rather than the norm.

I lurk here like a dude with a molester mustache in a windowless van offering free candy. But don't really post.

And no I've never given the faggots at DMC a dime.

Have you ever been on Shaggy Bevo? Place is just as over the top as this place. And it has a huge following.
    I have not been there. Really it's just my thoughts. If the goal is to take down DMC and be the place to talk husky football, then it needs to be toned down. Really I don't know the goal. Lol and I don't mind the assholes on here. But a lot of people do.

Don't get me wrong, I laughed my ass off at the trolling on the USC board about sark and I go to the other sites to follow the 5 reasons. Some of shit is funny and hell.
    Typical fucking progressive. Leave the party that's dying... go to the rockin'est party in town and immediately try to change everything to make it better... like he did to the party he just left.
    Or none of the above. I haven't been to DMC since the free boards went away and hung out on dawgboard (RIP). Really I don't care one way or the other. I don't post much cause I don't care to repeat the same joke 23 times. But I come here to read about husky football while I'm taking a shit.

Really it's just putting in my two cents, that NOGAF.
    I agree with you about the obsession over DMc. At some point that will need to give way to other focuses in order for this board to be on par with Shaggy Bevo and Tiger Droppings.

As for the inside jokes though, those will never go away as far as I'm concerned. Bill Cosby once said that when he was a young comic, most of the audience wouldn't laugh at his jokes. But he knew he was onto something because the wait staff (that was there every night) was laughing at his material.

So I believe it's just a matter of staying the course and letting the public catch on more and more what we're doing here.
    Yeah of course there will be inside jokes, and like I said, some are funny as hell, like the 5 reasons and my two dads thing.

Reality is, it's awesome there's more people and more football discussion here ( I'll join in once I can actually watch a fucking game). And that's mostly cause people can say you want, which is how it should be. Doesn't mean I can't call them whiney bitches. Lol
    Dardanus said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

The issue with this site is... It's an circle jerk of 5 sweat pants boners (up from 3 since I started trying to get this place dialed in, thanks @irishdawg22) in their moms basement. And you have to weed through 23 threads whining about DMC to get to a football thread that's 81% right.

I like the atmosphere here, and it's growing. But it will never be the DMC replacement until the inside jokes and DMC obsession become a side show rather than the norm.

I lurk here like a dude with a molester mustache in a windowless van offering free candy. But don't really post.

And no I've never given the faggots at DMC a dime.

Have you ever been on Shaggy Bevo? Place is just as over the top as this place. And it has a huge following.
    I have not been there. Really it's just my thoughts. If the goal is to take down DMC and be the place to talk husky football, then it needs to be toned down. Really I don't know the goal. Lol and I don't mind the assholes on here. But a lot of people do.
    Disagree that this is the goal of this site.
    Yes, really I have zero idea what the goal is, nor do I really care. But the article I was commenting on discussed the downfall of DMC.

My sure fire method of not reading a thread that I know will annoy me is by not clicking on it. Hasn't failed me yet.

And I dont understand the whole "weeding through" complaint either. If people were posting 100 threads a hour then sure. But classifying 20 doogman threads as weeding? Give me a break.

You have clearly forgotten the He_Needs_More_Cock Era.
    He posted a lot but it wasn't like he flooded the board with hundreds of threads. I had 0 issues with Cockus (he was a really good poster) besides when he got overly pissy and made certain threads hard to watch.

Complaining about certain posters and threads is no worse than the abundance of doogman posts. Saying stuff like "in order for this site to grow" is basically like telling DJ to start playing the role of Kim and moderating more heavily to try and swing more posters over here (which has clearly been working great for Kim).

This site has been growing fine the way it is. Sure some people will get ran, but for the most part this place is pretty open to all kinds of posters. The ones that dont last are the ones who constantly complain about how this place should be "in order to grow". They dont try to add anything and all they do is cry about free beer to convert this place into something it isn't.

You dont have to know or like the inside jokes to post here. But if all you are going to do is complain about them then you will get ran.

People just need to post and have fun. Not worry about what the majority of threads are, up/down votes, or these "circle jerks". The internet isn't serious yet some make it out to be that way.

So just post and STFU about how you perceive how this place should look like. If you dont like it go find another site or create your own board.
    No one is trying to convert anything to anything else. No one is telling DJ to moderate. People are here for a reason. But it is true, there is an obsession with DMC among some posters and 81% of the people are turned off by the same joke 23 times.

Lol.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,124 Founders Club
    This site has already replaced DMC, and is becoming a more accurate representation of the fan base by the day. DJ is still butthurt about Kim ruining his rep years ago and taking away HIS access. And Kim is butthurt about DJ ruining his rep in the present day and taking away HIS access. The similarities are striking and I am surprised that some of the more astute posters here don't recognize what's really going on. First it was Harv banned for scaring off new posters, then it was more cockus banned for making fun of PLSS, then it was monroe banned for giving DJ a proverbial middle finger. See a pattern here? I do. The pussification of HH is complete and it was over before you knew it. Same as it ever was.

Respect da bidness. I'm out.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    2001400ex said:

My sure fire method of not reading a thread that I know will annoy me is by not clicking on it. Hasn't failed me yet.

And I dont understand the whole "weeding through" complaint either. If people were posting 100 threads a hour then sure. But classifying 20 doogman threads as weeding? Give me a break.

He posted a lot but it wasn't like he flooded the board with hundreds of threads. I had 0 issues with Cockus (he was a really good poster) besides when he got overly pissy and made certain threads hard to watch.

Complaining about certain posters and threads is no worse than the abundance of doogman posts. Saying stuff like "in order for this site to grow" is basically like telling DJ to start playing the role of Kim and moderating more heavily to try and swing more posters over here (which has clearly been working great for Kim).

This site has been growing fine the way it is. Sure some people will get ran, but for the most part this place is pretty open to all kinds of posters. The ones that dont last are the ones who constantly complain about how this place should be "in order to grow". They dont try to add anything and all they do is cry about free beer to convert this place into something it isn't.

You dont have to know or like the inside jokes to post here. But if all you are going to do is complain about them then you will get ran.

People just need to post and have fun. Not worry about what the majority of threads are, up/down votes, or these "circle jerks". The internet isn't serious yet some make it out to be that way.

So just post and STFU about how you perceive how this place should look like. If you dont like it go find another site or create your own board.
    No one is trying to convert anything to anything else. No one is telling DJ to moderate. People are here for a reason. But it is true, there is an obsession with DMC among some posters and 81% of the people are turned off by the same joke 23 times.

Lol.
    That is actually exactly what you are doing... way to speak for the majority of the board too.

Keep doing your thing of not actually posting anything and complaining about the complaining though. You are just adding more fuel to the fire.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,960 Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

Lol.
    That is actually exactly what you are doing... way to speak for the majority of the board too.

Keep doing your thing of not actually posting anything and complaining about the complaining though. You are just adding more fuel to the fire.
    This is the same shit he did on dawgbored, IIRC. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774

And creative schooling enters the lexicon

It'll be funny the first 23 times.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited September 2014
    PurpleJ said:

This site has already replaced DMC, and is becoming a more accurate representation of the fan base by the day. DJ is still butthurt about Kim ruining his rep years ago and taking away HIS access. And Kim is butthurt about DJ ruining his rep in the present day and taking away HIS access. The similarities are striking and I am surprised that some of the more astute posters here don't recognize what's really going on. First it was Harv banned for scaring off new posters, then it was more cockus banned for making fun of PLSS, then it was monroe banned for giving DJ a proverbial middle finger. See a pattern here? I do. The pussification of HH is complete and it was over before you knew it. Same as it ever was.

Respect da bidness. I'm out.

You think you know, but you don't. Swing and a miss on many things in that post. Stick to running dawgboard.com

2001400ex said:

Lol.

This is the same shit he did on dawgbored, IIRC. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.
    Not really. Yeah I bitched there about people bitching. And talked a lot of other shit and posted about football and basketball. Here, I mostly lurk. This thread came up specially discussing it so I chimed in.

If you don't like it, DIAFF or LEAVE!!!! Or... Don't click on the post. ;-)