Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deboer rumor, Deion & other notes

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

RoadTrip said:

SkipBoyd said:

A: they haven’t won anything yet. B: perhaps we wait until he can repeat without the guy at QB he groomed that no one else cared about before we mortgage the farm. (Gordon Gekko said the same to Bud when he found out he got his inside info because his dad was shop steward for Blue Star.). He probably can; look what he did with Flamer Haener.

^
    This

I almost had a coronary when the shitty announcers said Dylan Morris was displaying why the Huskies didn't need to get a QB in the portal after this season. I thought the 5'10", horrible QB was done? It feels like he's been here forever. If he's the QB next year, UW doesn't win 8 games.
    Morris wins 9 games minimum. He is just as good as Haener. Cook it
    Not as good as Haener but I agree he wins 9.
    Which isn’t good enough.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If dmo had a couple good rbs he might be fine. He needs a Legit 1000 yard back.

And a top 5 D.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We are going to hate whoever follows Penix most likely. I just want to enjoy the best qb at Washington ever

And make excellence the standard going forward
    Yeah but arguing about Mooris is fun
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RoadTrip said:

Canadawg said:

Stetson Bennett won two (2) national championships

I would be happy to have a higher ceiling than Dmo but he is very capable of winning every game on their schedule next year

There's zero comparison between the 2.
    You are completely blinded by the ridiculous hype SB got then. My comparison was not to say Dmo is great but to say that SB was a pretty good JAG and if you think otherwise I'm going to have to take away your Heisman vote
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Canadawg said:

Some of you are forgetting that literally every player on this team got better when Deboer got here. Any impression of DMO that you have from Lakes teams should be thrown out

So did Taj Davis. Case closed
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Canadawg said:

Some of you are forgetting that literally every player on this team got better when Deboer got here. Any impression of DMO that you have from Lakes teams should be thrown out

So did Taj Davis. Case closed
    JAG Taj Davis will have 11 catches for 225 yards and four touchdowns but drop the potential game winner. Cook it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    DMo threw 2 good balls in a row at Sparty

I was SHOCKED
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    D Mo will likely be our starting QB at the beginning of next season … does that sustain itself through the season …?… only time will tell.

This is not loser talk etc., it is simply the most likely path to success. Do we win ten games with D Mo as starting QB ? Probably not … but I doubt we would win 7 or more with 18 year old Mack or the portal from SDSU. If Morris isn’t thriving by game three he is on the bench and we then pivot and take our lumps with the younger guy(sm).

LIPO

These guysm (DeBoner etc.) have a long history of success and I think they probably know what they are doing.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I am not against it, just stating what seems apparent to me. My guess is D Mo is going to be further along than anyone they bring in. I have absolutely no problem with being wrong as well.

Take screen shots if it pleases you.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll make it simple

Deboer has Penix at Indiana. Penix is good

Deboer has Haener at Fresno. Haener is good

Deboer has Penix at UW. Penix is good

Deboer has ______ at UW. ______ is good

Haener was probably worse than DMO when he left and everyone was crying for him to come back with Deboer so I'm going to LIPO on DMO. Definitely not opposed to bringing in someone I just feel like the floor is pretty high
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,563
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I'll make it simple

Deboer has Penix at Indiana. Penix is good

Deboer has Haener at Fresno. Haener is good

Deboer has Penix at UW. Penix is good

Deboer has ______ at UW. ______ is good

Haener was probably worse than DMO when he left and everyone was crying for him to come back with Deboer so I'm going to LIPO on DMO. Definitely not opposed to bringing in someone I just feel like the floor is pretty high

There will be plenty of talent in the portal at qb. Coaches will leave etc and qb's will want to play here. Go get someone. Hopefully a grad transfer Sam Hartman type that can come in and have an immediate impact.
    May need a new half brain site
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,361
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DeBoer is a QB whisperer. He won’t settle for Morris the Mediocre.