Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deboer rumor, Deion & other notes

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

DeBoer is a QB whisperer. He won’t settle for Morris the Mediocre.

I could see morris going somewhere with grub.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I'll make it simple

Deboer has Penix at Indiana. Penix is good

Deboer has Haener at Fresno. Haener is good

Deboer has Penix at UW. Penix is good

Deboer has ______ at UW. ______ is good

Haener was probably worse than DMO when he left and everyone was crying for him to come back with Deboer so I'm going to LIPO on DMO. Definitely not opposed to bringing in someone I just feel like the floor is pretty high

There will be plenty of talent in the portal at qb. Coaches will leave etc and qb's will want to play here. Go get someone. Hopefully a grad transfer Sam Hartman type that can come in and have an immediate impact.
    Exactly. Get an upperclassman, one year rental who can learn the offense quickly and who doesn't have any limitations. They exist.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    This board was jonesing for haener when old Kalen came over.

He would definitely portal in a stud imo. Penix is good because he’s big. A little 5’11” guy is not making those throws.

The vertical aspect is everything for this offense.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

He would definitely portal in a stud imo. Penix is good because he’s big. A little 5’11” guy is not making those throws.

Penix isn't that big, he's listed at 6'3" but he's more like 6'2" and probably around 205 lbs.

Morris has a pretty big arm but what makes Penix deadly besides his is his pinpoint accuracy and decision-making.

I'm surprised people are sleeping on Austin Return of The Mack. It's not unheard of for a RS-Frosh to step in and do very well if surrounded by a veteran coaching staff and offense.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Penix isn't that big, he's listed at 6'3" but he's more like 6'2" and probably around 205 lbs.

Morris has a pretty big arm but what makes Penix deadly besides his is his pinpoint accuracy and decision-making.

I'm surprised people are sleeping on Austin Return of The Mack. It's not unheard of for a RS-Frosh to step in and do very well if surrounded by a veteran coaching staff and offense.

Morris needs forward momentum to push it down field, and his accuracy limit has been about 40 air yards. Penix has a completely different kind of arm. There isn't a spot on the field within 60 yards from the LOS that he can't get the ball to with authority. He flicks it 50 yards on a line from his back foot. This is crucial to why people run open all the time. It's impossible to defend that much field well but they have to on every play. It's a different offense with an arm like that than it is with a Morris.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After a brief walk I've decided not to die on the hill of DMO. I will however not be freaking out if he needs to play meaningful snaps over the next couple seasons assuming Bama doesn't lure him away
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

After a brief walk I've decided not to die on the hill of DMO. I will however not be freaking out if he needs to play meaningful snaps over the next couple seasons assuming Bama doesn't lure him away

Morris is ok and I bet he's a hell of a lot better now than he was a year ago. I think he's good enough for this to be a good. That's just a lower ceiling than a guy with exceptional ability where the offense appears to be a juggernaut. It sure seems like a guy like Deboer should always be able to get the exceptional ones.
    There are worse things in the world than DeBoer and Co. paying good NIL money to a very proven QB to compete with Mack.

They also need a proven pass-rusher and a LB to address holes in the roster (a dearth of upperclassmen at pass-rusher after Trice and ZTF leave).
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,609
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Morris was a 4 star. Don’t sleep on Dmo. He has shown excellent accuracy on his limited throws. His first td of the year he hit the TE in perfect stride. Literally perfect pass. Queves I believe. Had excellent throws against sparty as well.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

Penix is definitely a big guy, he's not 6'5" but he is sturdily built and obviously strong. He really drives the ball and he can see the field well.

These little guys can't see over the line sometimes and try to escape the pocket because they lose track of what's going one downfield.

Penix's size and strength are part of how he plays the game.

DeBoer is probably not starting a 5'11 guy.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Stetson Bennett won two (2) national championships

I would be happy to have a higher ceiling than Dmo but he is very capable of winning every game on their schedule next year

Georgia also had one of the greatest defenses ever assembled.

UW's 2024 defense will be hard pressed to be as good as this year's UW defense. They aren't sniffing 2021-22 UGA.

The biggest advantage this program has is it's ability to develop QB's. When you can do that you find a Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray, you don't settle for Stetson Bennett.
    Defence aspect is true but I am now curious if Deboer will have a decent D going forward
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

I would be happy to have a higher ceiling than Dmo but he is very capable of winning every game on their schedule next year

UW's 2024 defense will be hard pressed to be as good as this year's UW defense. They aren't sniffing 2021-22 UGA.

The biggest advantage this program has is it's ability to develop QB's. When you can do that you find a Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray, you don't settle for Stetson Bennett.
    Defence aspect is true but I am now curious if Deboer will have a decent D going forward
    I'm cautiously optmistic.

Unless DeBoer suddenly starts recruiting at a super high level we?re going to need star level QBs moving forward though.

Morris is a great backup. Mack is the future.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

Morris is ok and I bet he's a hell of a lot better now than he was a year ago. I think he's good enough for this to be a good. That's just a lower ceiling than a guy with exceptional ability where the offense appears to be a juggernaut. It sure seems like a guy like Deboer should always be able to get the exceptional ones.
    There are worse things in the world than DeBoer and Co. paying good NIL money to a very proven QB to compete with Mack.

They also need a proven pass-rusher and a LB to address holes in the roster (a dearth of upperclassmen at pass-rusher after Trice and ZTF leave).
    I’d really like to see a RB because we don’t know what Cam will look like and though early returns are very encouraging we’re still not sure what tybo is or isn’t. Tuli and the other guy that’s two people in one are seniors so a difference making DT. The guys behind are showing promise but not sure if any are ready to be the guy(s).
    We need a safety or two… maybe finally get Adams to switch to a position he actually has a potential future in.

So for those keeping score at home @HFNY and I have decided that deboner is going to get a qb, de, lb, rb, dt, and s in the portal.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Canadawg said:

I’d be concerned if next years D didn’t progress because next years O will definitely digress.

Portal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

I’d be concerned if next years D didn’t progress because next years O will definitely digress.

Portal.
    Aren't some of the best Olinemen young? Tybo, Cuevas, Boston ect. Im not sure the talent is worse next year just less known
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Portal.
    Aren't some of the best Olinemen young? Tybo, Cuevas, Boston ect. Im not sure the talent is worse next year just less known
    UW is losing two of the best tackles ever. That's going to be the big concern after QB. No matter what it's not going to be a new QB playing behind an OL that isn't as goodz at least on the outside.