Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The fiscally conservative choice for 2024

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Polls in May 2023 are fun!
    So are elections in 2022

See Jacksonville last night

I'm fair to both candidates throughout this thread. Hardly a meltdown

So you think that because DeSantis won before the 6 week bill passed means women like him better but Trump still owns Florida

You seem to be struggling. But I won't call it a meltdown. That would be wrong
    You’re on a roll Race. You think Trump ushering Roe v Wade into the 2024 is a winner for him over RDS.

If recent history follow suit RDS will win women again and Trump, because he’s Trump and has not changed, will lose them again. A hard pill for Trump supporters.
    Trump got Roe back to the states. Trump is calling for the GOP to stop the stupidity like 6 weeks that women hate. Trump is taking the majority position of first trimester - the original Roe law

I don't see a problem here for Trump. Ron? Major problem

You reason for Ron not struggling with women is because Trump did. Ron having the mee too issues of Trump and being worse on abortion will be different some how

I use logic. You are wrapped in emotion.
    And has blood on his hands to prove it.
    See?

Trump will let women kill their babies

Print the campaign posters
    Trump likes to have his cake and eat it too. When’s he going to stop hiding behind what others say about 6-weeks and answer a simple yes/no for or against.

He lied about what pro-lifers are saying.
    I myself think Trump's stated 'against' position is entirely political and that he's really pro-choice. I mean, in my and Race's lifetime, Trump was among the NY social elite (although a faction of the real pricks didn't accept him because of his ostentatious M/O). In fact, if I had to bet, I'd lay down some cash that Trump's paid for a few abortions himself. That said, I think Race is right in that Trump knows it's a loser issue on both sides, so he walks the middle (like others here) and says it's wrong and he doesn't like it, but he's not gonna say "No abortion." And fuck this state's rights rationale... I don't think Trump is as pre-occupied with constitutional theory as his fans here are or would like to think he is. He's a politician, and as such, he's a 100% warrior on the idea of winning. And, he's right. No winning, no policy. I don't think Trump has any sacred cows. He picked a side, evaluated what would play there, and went with it. He's smart. It's the same exact thing as "good people on both sides." He knew damn well that doing the normal thing and just saying, "Sure, at a rally like that there are going to be a bunch of screw balls," was going to alienate some folks in his base. So, smartly, he didn't say that. There was a guy at that rally who was interviewed who was clearly a massive antisemite and actually invoked Ivanka and Jared and said something like he didn't understand how Trump could give his daughter to a Jew or something along those lines. I'm sure he knows that that rally was full of shit balls like that guy. But again, what's the upside of condemning the whole thing? The left hates him anyway.

Trump himself, the man, is I think quite unlike many who support him. But he knows a vote is a vote.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bob_C said:

46XiJCAB said:

Sledog said:

46XiJCAB said:

Race having a meltdown because RDS won the women vote in his last two elections and Trump lost them. But trust Race, Trump is gonna win them this tim.

In other news HuffPo mistakenly endorsed RDS today. They say he’s worse than Trump because he’s more informed, tactical and calculated.

What happened in Jacksonville?
    Trump must not have endorsed the Republican. They always win when he does.
    Ron endorsed the Republican.
    So Trump knew he wasn’t winning so sat it out.

He sings in one tune.

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME.

At least RDS supported his party.

JFC.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,333
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

So are elections in 2022

So you think that because DeSantis won before the 6 week bill passed means women like him better but Trump still owns Florida

You’re on a roll Race. You think Trump ushering Roe v Wade into the 2024 is a winner for him over RDS.

If recent history follow suit RDS will win women again and Trump, because he’s Trump and has not changed, will lose them again. A hard pill for Trump supporters.
    Trump got Roe back to the states. Trump is calling for the GOP to stop the stupidity like 6 weeks that women hate. Trump is taking the majority position of first trimester - the original Roe law

You reason for Ron not struggling with women is because Trump did. Ron having the mee too issues of Trump and being worse on abortion will be different some how

See?

Trump likes to have his cake and eat it too. When’s he going to stop hiding behind what others say about 6-weeks and answer a simple yes/no for or against.

I myself think Trump's stated 'against' position is entirely political and that he's really pro-choice. I mean, in my and Race's lifetime, Trump was among the NY social elite (although a faction of the real pricks didn't accept him because of his ostentatious M/O). In fact, if I had to bet, I'd lay down some cash that Trump's paid for a few abortions himself. That said, I think Race is right in that Trump knows it's a loser issue on both sides, so he walks the middle (like others here) and says it's wrong and he doesn't like it, but he's not gonna say "No abortion." And fuck this state's rights rationale... I don't think Trump is as pre-occupied with constitutional theory as his fans here are or would like to think he is. He's a politician, and as such, he's a 100% warrior on the idea of winning. And, he's right. No winning, no policy. I don't think Trump has any sacred cows. He picked a side, evaluated what would play there, and went with it. He's smart. It's the same exact thing as "good people on both sides." He knew damn well that doing the normal thing and just saying, "Sure, at a rally like that there are going to be a bunch of screw balls," was going to alienate some folks in his base. So, smartly, he didn't say that. There was a guy at that rally who was interviewed who was clearly a massive antisemite and actually invoked Ivanka and Jared and said something like he didn't understand how Trump could give his daughter to a Jew or something along those lines. I'm sure he knows that that rally was full of shit balls like that guy. But again, what's the upside of condemning the whole thing? The left hates him anyway.

Trump himself, the man, is I think quite unlike many who support him. But he knows a vote is a vote.
    Sounds like Trump is a better candidate than Ron

I agree

Splitting the baby (lol) on abortion is a must for a GOP candidate.

Even religious women, and men, want the option if they need it. Never bet against human nature

First trimester is a winner. Run against abortion till birth that democrats espouse

That's far worse than the Trump approach but TDS is a helluva drug

If DeSantis is all that then fucking win and stop crying about Trump

I've asked numerous times why women would like Ron better and his fans or cult can only say but Trump

The both sides bullshit is a lie and a deflection
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

So are elections in 2022

See?

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

So are elections in 2022

See?

I agree

Even religious women, and men, want the option if they need it. Never bet against human nature

First trimester is a winner. Run against abortion till birth that democrats espouse

I've asked numerous times why women would like Ron better and his fans or cult can only say but Trump

You're probably right. And, ISWYDT.

Also, which both sides?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

So are elections in 2022

See?

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

So are elections in 2022

See?

I agree

Also, which both sides?
    The whole Charlottesville thing

The actual quote is benign.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

So are elections in 2022

See?

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

So are elections in 2022

See?

I agree

Also, which both sides?
    The whole Charlottesville thing

The actual quote is benign.
    Eh, arguably. The quote is benign, technically. But it was surgical and deliberate. We'll probably agree to disagree about Charlottesville in general, which is the entire context of the quote. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't offended and it didn't make me go off the rails. But I'm confident that with a different political strategy Trump would have entertaining things to say about that particular rally. As it was, he was careful. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    99 of 113 Republicans in the FL legislature have signed a doc to endorse RDS. Only one of the remaining 14 has endorsed Trump.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,915
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

99 of 113 Republicans in the FL legislature have signed a doc to endorse RDS. Only one of the remaining 14 has endorsed Trump.

Same people who think 6 week abortion bans is a good idea. Those people?
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

46XiJCAB said:

Trump’s team says RDS is terrorizing them by threatening to veto legislation. Hence the votes. Those “guys” apparently want to endorse Trump.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Now do the congress people

Oops

DeSantis is a great governor. He should stick with that since he just got re elected
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

@RaceBannon is right. 6 weeks is suicidal. Never, ever gonna win with that shit. Trump is way more realistic and reasonable. Perhaps hard to believe, but true.

That’s like saying the first shot killed him but it was the last ten that really made the difference.

Trump ushered in Roe v Wade. He’s not going to fair any better with women who see abortion as their Holy Grail.
    You're contradicting yourself here.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Race having a meltdown because RDS won the women vote in his last two elections and Trump lost them. But trust Race, Trump is gonna win them this tim.

In other news HuffPo mistakenly endorsed RDS today. They say he’s worse than Trump because he’s more informed, tactical and calculated.

LOL....the meltdown continues so you turn to the, "You're melting down too" 6 year old taunt.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bob_C said:

46XiJCAB said:

If ever there was an Achilles Heel for the national stage, 6 weeks is it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Youngkin seems less MAGA than DeSatan to me. Pence is a turd. I like Tim Scott personally but do not follow politics enough anymore to know if he is establishment or MAGA.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,915
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:
    Yes. That was a troll job on my part

The first tweet amused me. Waiting for Trump to die or go to prison

Kind of tells you who the front runner is

If Trump was out, DeSantis should beat the others rather easily
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Youngkin seems less MAGA than DeSatan to me. Pence is a turd. I like Tim Scott personally but do not follow politics enough anymore to know if he is establishment or MAGA.

The mere mention of Youngkin thinking about it got the left wing smear machine up and running

Everyone is maga racist
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Establishment but when he says anything conservative he's uncle tom