Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,195 Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I missed the US curb stomping Iraq. Still there 20 years on

Losing men to homemade bombs

Its tuff to pacify Islamic extremists guerrillas

The Iraqi military? Not so much
    No it's not. I have noticed they do absolutely nothing when they are dead.

Yeah, and explain to me how you root out an insurgency while following humane Rules of Engagement?

Because it's so easy, we shouldn't have had an issue in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan...

I mean, we could go full Trail of Tears like its 1800 and place the populations in reservations?
    In WWII we didn't have these rules of engagement. You don't want to die get away from the fucking terrorists! We killed 250K allied civilians in the bombing of Europe. Regrettable but couldn't be avoided. Hitler killed MILLIONS. We either want to win or we want to drag shit out so money can be made.
    Iraq we did a decent job and that country is semi functioning after a few false starts.

Obama fucked up with ISIS, but the Iraqi army eventually got it together and drove them out.

Afghanistan and Vietnam we couldnt. Afghanistan youd need to quite literally level mountains, and Vietnam we had hands tied by not crossing NVA lines (and the jungle)

All SNAFUs

Ukraine wants to defend their land from a land grab. Its very different from US "Special Military Operations"
    Iraq is more of a mess than when we invaded and Iran controls a bunch of the country. It wasn't a decent job. Regime change in Libya was another US Ivy League State Department phuck up. Much worse off than under Ghadafi unless you are into black slavery. So no war success since World War II, but the Ukraine will be different. You should post your Ukraine total destruction picture again to show us what victory looks like.
    Disagree

Iraq is much better now. Iran doesnt control any of it. There might be Shias but that doesnt mean it's Iran.
    Much better it which regards? Don't tell me you think it was worth the costs.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,400 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Yeah, and explain to me how you root out an insurgency while following humane Rules of Engagement?

Because it's so easy, we shouldn't have had an issue in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan...

I mean, we could go full Trail of Tears like its 1800 and place the populations in reservations?
    In WWII we didn't have these rules of engagement. You don't want to die get away from the fucking terrorists! We killed 250K allied civilians in the bombing of Europe. Regrettable but couldn't be avoided. Hitler killed MILLIONS. We either want to win or we want to drag shit out so money can be made.
    Iraq we did a decent job and that country is semi functioning after a few false starts.

Obama fucked up with ISIS, but the Iraqi army eventually got it together and drove them out.

Afghanistan and Vietnam we couldnt. Afghanistan youd need to quite literally level mountains, and Vietnam we had hands tied by not crossing NVA lines (and the jungle)

All SNAFUs

Ukraine wants to defend their land from a land grab. Its very different from US "Special Military Operations"
    Iraq is more of a mess than when we invaded and Iran controls a bunch of the country. It wasn't a decent job. Regime change in Libya was another US Ivy League State Department phuck up. Much worse off than under Ghadafi unless you are into black slavery. So no war success since World War II, but the Ukraine will be different. You should post your Ukraine total destruction picture again to show us what victory looks like.
    Disagree

Iraq is much better now. Iran doesnt control any of it. There might be Shias but that doesnt mean it's Iran.
    It was not worth the costs. At all.

But Iraq is better now than when Saddam was in charge, rather easily
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Disagree

A contradiction wrapped inside an enigma.

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,208
    46XiJCAB said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

PGOS almost gets it

It's why I no longer want war even when I would like to see a country become a parking lot

Because we won't. Afghanistan and Iraq were it for me
    When the lawyers and bureaucrats took over the rules of engagement, it was over as far as a military victory was concerned.
    Yup that's why we lost Vietnam
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,400 Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Disagree

Orange tanks
    Goduckies said:

46XiJCAB said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

PGOS almost gets it

It's why I no longer want war even when I would like to see a country become a parking lot

When the lawyers and bureaucrats took over the rules of engagement, it was over as far as a military victory was concerned.
    Yup that's why we lost Vietnam
    That and the ARVN being retarded
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,195 Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Disagree

So it’s better but we shouldn’t have done it because of the costs?

pawz said:

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Disagree

Orange tanks
    Be better.

edited March 2023
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Disagree

correct.

trillions of dollars and troops lives lost. and a casus belli based on lies

But, it is better now
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,067 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

PGOS almost gets it

Those muslims were awfully quiet for 1000 years. That's what happens when you kill enough of them. They remember. Hopefully they remember they fucking started it!
    edited March 2023
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

PGOS almost gets it

Those muslims were awfully quiet for 1000 years. That's what happens when you kill enough of them. They remember. Hopefully they remember they fucking started it!

Muslims were kicking ass and taking names for a hot minute until Genghis Khan hit them in the rear...

They held on to Spain for fucking ever.

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Disagree

correct.

But, it is better now
    This tim it's different.

Everybody says so.

#ClownWorld

edited March 2023
    pawz said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Disagree

correct.

But, it is better now
    This tim it's different.

Everybody says so.

#ClownWorld

Yeah I mean, this time Russia did a full on invasion of its neighbor who has battled for centuries for Russia to fuck off. Genocide then, genocide now.

The same country that we told "give up your nukes and we will make sure no one attacks you" as recent as the 1990s.

Georgia was too small for anyone to care about and Russia took a few provinces just to show it could. They easily could've taken over the entire country.

Checnya was technically Russia, but the world still watched as Russia could barely conquer a small province and had to raze the capital city to the fucking ground. In fact, Russia so got its ass kicked the first go around by Chechnya there had to be a ceasefire. This is the equivalent of Western Washington getting declared war on by the Feds and forcing a stalemate. What did both Chechen wars have in common? Absolutely barbarity by Russia.

Flash forward to 2014. Putin again does his once a decade land grab. If he was smart he would've grabbed more land, because the consequences were next to zero and Ukraine had a pathetic military.

It's now 2022/2023 and Russia is still committing mass murder for no fucking reason. And you guys wonder why the world is sick of their shit.

Miraculously, Ukraine did a good enough job revamping their military that they are holding off Russia, as Russia does it's usual pillage and rape campaign.

Russia fucking hates the US and has been supplying our enemies with equipment and tactics every chance they get. Now suddenly the US does the same thing and you guys bitch and moan about the Meixican border and drug overdoses, as if that has anything to do with sending old ass military equipment to people fighting for their literal lives against a literal fascist country.

Some here think it should be more subtle. But whether you like it or not, the US decided that war in Europe (yes Ukraine is Europe) is not going to get a pat on the ass response anymore.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,867 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Such hubris. And jingoism. And hegemony.

One might think PGOS is a sunshine patriot or something.

Russia sucks. Sorry dude

Russia sucks. Sorry dude
    Impeccable analysis. Doog.

Russia sucks. Sorry dude
    Youre on record believing Russie is going to take 3/4 of Ukraine

doog. roog.

Russia sucks. Sorry dude
    Youre on record believing Russie is going to take 3/4 of Ukraine

doog. roog.
    Prove it, Bitch.