Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,410 Swaye's Wigwam

I missed the US curb stomping Iraq. Still there 20 years on

Losing men to homemade bombs

Its tuff to pacify Islamic extremists guerrillas

The Iraqi military? Not so much
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,069 Standard Supporter

No it's not. I have noticed they do absolutely nothing when they are dead.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited March 2023
    Z-Boy is jailing Orthodox Christians and closing churches as this thing rages on but one cares to report it.

Let's get this thing to 100 pages.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,410 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Yeah, and explain to me how you root out an insurgency while following humane Rules of Engagement?

Because it's so easy, we shouldn't have had an issue in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan...

I mean, we could go full Trail of Tears like its 1800 and place the populations in reservations?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,069 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Yeah, and explain to me how you root out an insurgency while following humane Rules of Engagement?

Because it's so easy, we shouldn't have had an issue in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan...

I mean, we could go full Trail of Tears like its 1800 and place the populations in reservations?
    In WWII we didn't have these rules of engagement. You don't want to die get away from the fucking terrorists! We killed 250K allied civilians in the bombing of Europe. Regrettable but couldn't be avoided. Hitler killed MILLIONS. We either want to win or we want to drag shit out so money can be made.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

In WWII we didn't have these rules of engagement. You don't want to die get away from the fucking terrorists! We killed 250K allied civilians in the bombing of Europe. Regrettable but couldn't be avoided. Hitler killed MILLIONS. We either want to win or we want to drag shit out so money can be made.
    PGOS almost gets it

It's why I no longer want war even when I would like to see a country become a parking lot

Because we won't. Afghanistan and Iraq were it for me

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

PGOS almost gets it

It's why I no longer want war even when I would like to see a country become a parking lot

When the lawyers and bureaucrats took over the rules of engagement, it was over as far as a military victory was concerned.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

PGOS almost gets it

#metoo

Some of us? learn from our mistakes.

Others think Putin is getting shredded.

Hi @PostGameOrangeSlices !!

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club
    Bob_C said:
    Query for @PostGameOrangeSlices

If as you claimed earlier that UKR soldiers are killing Russians at a 10:1 clip (something like that), why would UKR feel the need to "violently" recruit fighters?

pawz said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

PGOS almost gets it

#metoo

Some of us? learn from our mistakes.

Others think Putin is getting shredded.

Hi @PostGameOrangeSlices !!

If we had a leader in the WH this war would have never happened.
  • BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,343
    edited March 2023
    Hard to tell what is truth but this is reported as Ukrainian recruiters grabbing people off the street.

From Radio Free Europe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnw2Abqmu64
    edited March 2023
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Iraq we did a decent job and that country is semi functioning after a few false starts.

Obama fucked up with ISIS, but the Iraqi army eventually got it together and drove them out.

Afghanistan and Vietnam we couldnt. Afghanistan youd need to quite literally level mountains, and Vietnam we had hands tied by not crossing NVA lines (and the jungle)

All SNAFUs

Ukraine wants to defend their land from a land grab. Its very different from US "Special Military Operations"
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,003 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Iraq we did a decent job and that country is semi functioning after a few false starts.

Obama fucked up with ISIS, but the Iraqi army eventually got it together and drove them out.

Afghanistan and Vietnam we couldnt. Afghanistan youd need to quite literally level mountains, and Vietnam we had hands tied by not crossing NVA lines (and the jungle)

All SNAFUs

Ukraine wants to defend their land from a land grab. Its very different from US "Special Military Operations"
    Iraq is more of a mess than when we invaded and Iran controls a bunch of the country. It wasn't a decent job. Regime change in Libya was another US Ivy League State Department phuck up. Much worse off than under Ghadafi unless you are into black slavery. So no war success since World War II, but the Ukraine will be different. You should post your Ukraine total destruction picture again to show us what victory looks like.
    When Ukraine was shredding Russian troops Z was in a position to talk peace and tell Putin to pull out the tip or his troops would be shown no mercy.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,521 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

A land grab that goes back to the 9th Century. Fucking regional squabble and they'll never peacefully co-exist.

Not our circus.

Your monkey.

But but...Moldova!

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Iraq is more of a mess than when we invaded and Iran controls a bunch of the country. It wasn't a decent job. Regime change in Libya was another US Ivy League State Department phuck up. Much worse off than under Ghadafi unless you are into black slavery. So no war success since World War II, but the Ukraine will be different. You should post your Ukraine total destruction picture again to show us what victory looks like.
    Disagree

Iraq is much better now. Iran doesnt control any of it. There might be Shias but that doesnt mean it's Iran.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,003 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

All SNAFUs

Disagree

Iraq is much better now. Iran doesnt control any of it. There might be Shias but that doesnt mean it's Iran.
    Sure. Just a roaring success story. Doesn't mean it's Iran, but it's Iran.