Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's adorable how @PostGameOrangeSlices is trying to make up for a year of hot Ukraine talk in one thread.

Who was that one guy whose grandma in Ukraine was feeding him info?

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,988
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

So, China is a 10 as a threat to the US. Already knocked trillions of the US economy with the chicom crud and being positioned by the dems as the biggest economic winner in the climate change fraud as we choke of the US economy as we shut down our fossil fuel industry and skyrocket US energy prices while giving a complete pass to the Chicoms as they dramatically increase their fossil fuel usage and benefit from their control over strategic metals and the leading producer of solar panels and wind turbines.

Russia is a 1 as a threat to the US. They aren't going to invade and we have much more of their strategic economic product than they do and we could choke them out economically if we wanted to. If we sent nothing to the Ukraine at best the Russians could have fun holding it. That would be their one bite of their dream of a new Soviet Union. Their military would be exhausted from taking the Ukraine. If the Euros wanted to remain free, they could spend their money to defend it. It doesn't matter to the US. China is what matters and we should use our limited resources to deal with the Chicoms and their control over most of economy, outside of oil and gas production. This isn't 1964. It's 2023 and Russia is done. Even worse demographics than the US and nothing but oil and gas production.

This is a much more nuanced take than the garbage Throbber is spouting, so kudos.

However - Russia would have been able to take and hold Ukraine rather easily without advising and supplies from US and Nato. They would also have taken over the Stans, Moldova, Belarus, and other places and next thing you know it's now USSR 2.0 that has all the confidence in the world and much better demographics.

As I said, the line needed to be drawn in the sand somewhere. I think it's completely reasonable to have Ukraine bleed Russia of manpower and teach them that this WW2 shit is not going to be tolerated in 2023.

You're right about China, but China is watching with surprise as Russia military tech is getting its ass obliterated by old US technology.
    The line in the sand can be at the Polish border (a member of NATO, by the way). Ukraine - not a member of NATO. And, let's not forget this shit is pushing Turkey away from NATO. But but DEMOCRACY for Zelensky. Nuance that.

Now, about those Ukraine bio weapons labs and corrupt money laundering....how "nuanced' does one have to be to be truthful about that?

Your black/white, Ukraine good/Russia bad has no nuance whatsoever.

The US guaranteed Ukraine protection in exchange for giving up their nukes in the 90s.

I'm glad you guys want USSR 2.0 and think that is a good idea. Fucks sake. Such incredibly small minded thinking.

Also - the Ukraine bio weapons stuff is pure Russian propaganda that you fell for. Congrats on that.

Money laundering you're right on. Ukraine is corrupt as hell. That does not give Russia free reign to go on a murderous rampage in their country.
    sure.gif

And perhaps you need to do some research on the Azov Regiment on just whom is murdering whom.

There is absolutely 0 evidence that bioweapons were being developed in Ukraine. You fell hook, line, and sinker for that Russian BS.

Very familiar with Azov Regiment and their Neo Nazi bullshit. They absolutely deserve to be called out on that. However, Azov was hanging out in Mariupol and defending against Russian incursions since 2014. Azov isn't the aggressor in this conflict.

Additionally, Azov has been more or less purged of Nazis.

On the flip side, are you familiar with the Wagner PMC group?
    Azov more or less purged of Nazis? Says who? Maybe Congress needs to be informed of their new leaf. It’s laughable the idea that Ukraine is kicking Russian ass.

Where they gain somewhere they lose in multiple areas. Where are you getting your Ukraine kicking ass info?

Info on Azov:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraines-azov-battalion-looks-to-regroup-and-clean-up-image-11654453889

Info on Ukraine kicking Russia's fucking ass:

https://liveuamap.com/

Meanwhile, Russia's state sponsored mercenary group:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group#:~:text=Others say the group's name,Hitler's favorite composer).

"In 2021, the Foreign Policy report noted the origin of the name "Wagner" to be unknown.[51] Others say the group's name comes from Utkin's own call sign "Wagner", reportedly after the German composer Richard Wagner, which Utkin is said to have chosen due to his passion for the Third Reich (Wagner being Adolf Hitler's favorite composer).[79][80] As such, some believe he is a neo-Nazi,[81][82] with The Economist reporting that Utkin has several Nazi tattoos.[80]"

Good grief. They’re trying hard to clean up their image. Right up there with the meth addict trying hard to kick their habit.

Why do you think we never hear about Ukraine getting their asses kicked? We only hear about how terribly the Russians are doing. Give it some thought.

When Ukraine had their victory is September it came at great cost and then they lost territory in other regions.

Are you under the impression there are people rooting for Russia here? If you are, you’re a fucking moron.
    Look at the fucking map. HTH

https://liveuamap.com/

absolute peanut brains
    Keep on telling me you have never listened to a military strategist explain what Russia is doing, without telling me. Put the establishment bong down. Ukraine winning is a fantasy.

Even your guy Gen. Milley says both sides will eventually come to the table. The loss of lives for both is too great to continue much longer.

But the map! Why does Russia take territory and then leave territory to take new territory?
    You have 0 idea what you are talking about. Russia is abandoning territory because they are getting routed, not because they are playing 5d chess.

This conflict is like the US invading Mexico and being unable to take Mexico city.

Pathetic.
    They “retreated” to a high ground that was easier to defend while they drafted and trained conscripts.

Also to not be in a flood plain under a dam that could have wiped out its forces if blown up.

You really seem to be a beacon of knowledge on this.

TYFYE

@pawz I can't emphasize this enough. You do not know what you are talking about. You are ignorant.

So far you've cited businessinsider, wikipedia, reuters, newsweek, cnbc - to name a few.

After the last six years you choose to believe their collective version of events on any major issue? Interesting choice.

Ignorance is predicated on an in/ability to be aware of other potential paradigms. And to accurately assess relative merits.

You've planted your flag in 'Putin is literally Hitler'.

It's possible, but not probable.

Hope this helps.

Ive posted NY Post and other sources, too

Point being, Russia is not retreating to the high ground. [Russia is] getting stomped. By Ukraine of all places.
    Factually inaccurate.

Like with Covid, you're welcome to wait to figure it out. I guess.

I'm not quite sure how Russia not being able to project power 30 miles from it's own border isn't getting stomped.

This was a nation that was supposed to give a full blown hot war against the US and Nato problems.

It's an abject failure. They got stomped in most of this conflict except for in a few select areas.

No Kyiv, no Kharkiv, no Kherson.

Russia though this war would be over in a week. How is this not a disaster of immense proportions?
    So the US doesn't need to be involved

Glad we cleared that up

Joe wants to sniff your neck
    Exactly.

Arguing that Russia is a great military superpower capable of going all the way to the English Channel is a far better argument for intervention than saying they suck.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,821
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It's adorable how @PostGameOrangeSlices is trying to make up for a year of hot Ukraine talk in one thread.

@RatherBeBrewing

• Options
    pawz said:

@RatherBeBrewing

Looks like he's now off brewing. Lasted, what, a week or two?

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,949
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

But ma "nuclear threat" is literally a RT talking point aimed at audiences in the West to make housewives nervous about supporting Ukraine with war material. It's unmanly to say the least that so many here are hiding under the rug of appeasement out of political tribalism. Trump was for big swinging dick deterence and so am I.

The fact is that actual Nato would wipe the fucking floor with Russia in a traditional conflict. That's pretty fucking obvious at this point since Russia can't even take a third world tin pot cleptocracy like Ukraine even before the Western support arrived.

That means that the nuclear card is literally Russia's last option for deterence and keeping Nato out of actual boots on ground. They won't use it for anything short of existential threat such as ze' Germans rolling on Moscow again.

"Losing" the war in Ukraine isn't an existential threat for Putin. He has achieved the goal of "de-nazification" and whatever other RT decides to propagandize. If anything, he's used the war to consolidate power, lock Russia down further, rid it of decent, and eliminate rivals. See what he's currently doing to Pregotion and Wagner in Backhmut after he got too upity.

Come at me bro with trying to tell me I don't know shit or need to do research. I've been following this since the Orange revolution. Go Google it bitch.

Outside of feeling good about being the world's policeman, once again how is spending hundreds of billions of dollars that we don't have so that it's Ukrainian theftocrats stealing from us and Ukrainians versus having Russian theftocrats stealing from the Ukrainians? Does this make the world safer for American citizens? Does it make the US wealthier? Does it educate our kids?
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Are there neo nazis in Ukraine being edgy and doing the heil Hitler? Some, sure.

There are also those on the Russian side as well:

https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-neo-nazis-fighting-ukraine/31871760.html

The Ukrainian neo Nazis were minding their own business and defending their territory. The Russian Nazis were murdering children and puppies in places like Bucha.

Ukraine is trying to purge the neo Nazis in their ranks, to their credit. I linked the article a while ago. Russia has a state sponsored mercenary group founded by Nazis and named after a Nazi.

Spin away

Z had one perched right behind him in a photo op with Ukrainian troops. If he’d only turned his head he could have purged one.
  • Options
    Joey said a little incursion was okay. Listening to PGOS it seems that’s all Russia has been able to accomplish at this point.

Now would be a good time for Joey to call for peace negotiations. Hey PGOS, why won’t he do that since Russia has failed so miserably?

Unless of course Joey doesn’t care about dead Ukrainian children as much as you do. Give it some thought and let us know why he doesn’t.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    Don't forget money laundering Joe is going to spend our tax dollars on Ukraine citizens pensions! I think he'll get more than 10%.

PGOS supports this and all money the Dims laundered through Ukraine to pay for the election theft.
  • Options

But ma "nuclear threat" is literally a RT talking point aimed at audiences in the West to make housewives nervous about supporting Ukraine with war material. It's unmanly to say the least that so many here are hiding under the rug of appeasement out of political tribalism. Trump was for big swinging dick deterence and so am I.

The fact is that actual Nato would wipe the fucking floor with Russia in a traditional conflict. That's pretty fucking obvious at this point since Russia can't even take a third world tin pot cleptocracy like Ukraine even before the Western support arrived.

That means that the nuclear card is literally Russia's last option for deterence and keeping Nato out of actual boots on ground. They won't use it for anything short of existential threat such as ze' Germans rolling on Moscow again.

"Losing" the war in Ukraine isn't an existential threat for Putin. He has achieved the goal of "de-nazification" and whatever other RT decides to propagandize. If anything, he's used the war to consolidate power, lock Russia down further, rid it of decent, and eliminate rivals. See what he's currently doing to Pregotion and Wagner in Backhmut after he got too upity.

Come at me bro with trying to tell me I don't know shit or need to do research. I've been following this since the Orange revolution. Go Google it bitch.

Outside of feeling good about being the world's policeman, once again how is spending hundreds of billions of dollars that we don't have so that it's Ukrainian theftocrats stealing from us and Ukrainians versus having Russian theftocrats stealing from the Ukrainians? Does this make the world safer for American citizens? Does it make the US wealthier? Does it educate our kids?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hundreds of billions? Funny math at best. Right up there with calling Bradley's high tech.

Sending cold War era surplus and slapping a "new cost of replacement" sticker on it isn't going to change how schools are funded(which the federal government shouldn't be doing btw).

Clearing out our surplus that was built to kill Russians and selling it to Europe to kill Russians with is basically the best possible outcome for the US. Otherwise we'd be paying for decommissioning and disposal(which costs more than sending it to UKR).

If you want to argue about how the replacement money is spent that's a different discussion about US defense budgets.

Sorry not sorry, this is such an easy win from the US perspective.

Is there a bunch of pork rolled into it? Definitely. Again, learn to be able to distinguish the difference.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Destroy American energy day 1

Make Europe dependent on Russian gas

Tell Putin he can put the tip in

Join the EU and WEF nazis in defending a democracy that doesn't exist

Make Russia billions on energy

Make Russia, Iran, and China allies

Kill a bunch of civilians

A perfect plan

For a fucking moron like our CIC

The Script for the demise of the petrodollar.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,949
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Hundreds of billions? Funny math at best. Right up there with calling Bradley's high tech.

Sending cold War era surplus and slapping a "new cost of replacement" sticker on it isn't going to change how schools are funded(which the federal government shouldn't be doing btw).

Clearing out our surplus that was built to kill Russians and selling it to Europe to kill Russians with is basically the best possible outcome for the US. Otherwise we'd be paying for decommissioning and disposal(which costs more than sending it to UKR).

If you want to argue about how the replacement money is spent that's a different discussion about US defense budgets.

Is there a bunch of pork rolled into it? Definitely. Again, learn to be able to distinguish the difference.
    I just pointed out that we aren't sending just "old" military assets to Ukraine. It's all stuff that actually works - like brand new Bradley's, M-1 tanks and state of the artillery and Javelin anti-tank missiles. What we are sending will need to be replaced as we run low on artillery shells and Javelin missiles.

Both doog_but and PGOS still won't say how it is a win with spending that will hit hundreds of billions in this eternal war. How is the US benefited by spending money we don't have? Stronger economy? Lower debt? Lower inflation? More oil and gas production. Better education for our kids? Closing the southern border? Nope, it's better for America because it's a "win".
  • Options

A perfect plan

Is the Russian economy on its knees yet? I was told it would only be a matter of months.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,258
    Founders Club

U

A perfect plan

You're pour and can't afford to shop at Nordstroms. Why do you love Putin's cock so much? Stop getting all your news from Feaux and Tucker Carlson. If we don't stop Russia in Ukraine, our? democracy is at stake. Taking Russia out would take no time at all if you would just let us? get our guysms in there. Your IQ is so low you can't understand the yuge ROI in front of us? Zelensky is a badass wardaddy and you're a pussy. What did I miss?
  • Options
    RoadTrip said:

U

A perfect plan

You're pour and can't afford to shop at Nordstroms. Why do you love Putin's cock so much? Stop getting all your news from Feaux and Tucker Carlson. If we don't stop Russia in Ukraine, our? democracy is at stake. Taking Russia out would take no time at all if you would just let us? get our guysms in there. Your IQ is so low you can't understand the yuge ROI in front of us? Zelensky is a badass wardaddy and you're a pussy. What did I miss?
    I read that as if it was written in blue and gold font to be all DEMOCRACY! and shit.
  • Options
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

U

A perfect plan

I read that as if it was written in blue and gold font to be all DEMOCRACY! and shit.
    Nothing says DeMoCrAcY! like a badass wardaddy closing, banning churches and news stations he doesn’t like.

@PostGameOrangeSlices

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    You guys just refuse to acknowledge facts. Talk about an echo chamber.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023

Youre fighting the good fight bot, but this thread is filled with the dumbest of the dumb, angry old dipshit conservatives who are incapable of acknowledging reality.

Everything is now a conspiracy to the low IQ on the right, even selling military equipment to kill a bunch of Russians larping as WW2 Germany.

Really pathetic stuff.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023

You guys just refuse to acknowledge facts. Talk about an echo chamber.