Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Only 3 pages into this thread and I’m thinking the Tug needs a Classics bored.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

Other way around Nazi boy. Azov battalion. look it up. They have more than that. The Ukraine citizens fear them greatly.

Azovs aren’t Nazis any more just like Joe Biden isn’t a racist.

• Options
    Founders Club

So, China is a 10 as a threat to the US. Already knocked trillions of the US economy with the chicom crud and being positioned by the dems as the biggest economic winner in the climate change fraud as we choke of the US economy as we shut down our fossil fuel industry and skyrocket US energy prices while giving a complete pass to the Chicoms as they dramatically increase their fossil fuel usage and benefit from their control over strategic metals and the leading producer of solar panels and wind turbines.

Russia is a 1 as a threat to the US. They aren't going to invade and we have much more of their strategic economic product than they do and we could choke them out economically if we wanted to. If we sent nothing to the Ukraine at best the Russians could have fun holding it. That would be their one bite of their dream of a new Soviet Union. Their military would be exhausted from taking the Ukraine. If the Euros wanted to remain free, they could spend their money to defend it. It doesn't matter to the US. China is what matters and we should use our limited resources to deal with the Chicoms and their control over most of economy, outside of oil and gas production. This isn't 1964. It's 2023 and Russia is done. Even worse demographics than the US and nothing but oil and gas production.

Then that's what the US should have done - choked them out economically. Flood the market with cheap gas (RIP, Ralphie May).

Instead the big dick swinging chickenhawks want to throw down against him in some god forsaken corrupt country to protect their money-laundering operations and illegal bio-weapons labs.

But but DEMOCRACY!

Seriously the #1 thing to do if you really wanted to make RUS squirm. So simple, so elementary, so obvious to the critical mind. Yet Biden and PGOS are so far away.

But muh green new deal.

• Options
    Founders Club

So, China is a 10 as a threat to the US. Already knocked trillions of the US economy with the chicom crud and being positioned by the dems as the biggest economic winner in the climate change fraud as we choke of the US economy as we shut down our fossil fuel industry and skyrocket US energy prices while giving a complete pass to the Chicoms as they dramatically increase their fossil fuel usage and benefit from their control over strategic metals and the leading producer of solar panels and wind turbines.

Russia is a 1 as a threat to the US. They aren't going to invade and we have much more of their strategic economic product than they do and we could choke them out economically if we wanted to. If we sent nothing to the Ukraine at best the Russians could have fun holding it. That would be their one bite of their dream of a new Soviet Union. Their military would be exhausted from taking the Ukraine. If the Euros wanted to remain free, they could spend their money to defend it. It doesn't matter to the US. China is what matters and we should use our limited resources to deal with the Chicoms and their control over most of economy, outside of oil and gas production. This isn't 1964. It's 2023 and Russia is done. Even worse demographics than the US and nothing but oil and gas production.

This is a much more nuanced take than the garbage Throbber is spouting, so kudos.

However - Russia would have been able to take and hold Ukraine rather easily without advising and supplies from US and Nato. They would also have taken over the Stans, Moldova, Belarus, and other places and next thing you know it's now USSR 2.0 that has all the confidence in the world and much better demographics.

As I said, the line needed to be drawn in the sand somewhere. I think it's completely reasonable to have Ukraine bleed Russia of manpower and teach them that this WW2 shit is not going to be tolerated in 2023.

You're right about China, but China is watching with surprise as Russia military tech is getting its ass obliterated by old US technology.
    The line in the sand can be at the Polish border (a member of NATO, by the way). Ukraine - not a member of NATO. And, let's not forget this shit is pushing Turkey away from NATO. But but DEMOCRACY for Zelensky. Nuance that.

Now, about those Ukraine bio weapons labs and corrupt money laundering....how "nuanced' does one have to be to be truthful about that?

Your black/white, Ukraine good/Russia bad has no nuance whatsoever.

The US guaranteed Ukraine protection in exchange for giving up their nukes in the 90s.

I'm glad you guys want USSR 2.0 and think that is a good idea. Fucks sake. Such incredibly small minded thinking.

Also - the Ukraine bio weapons stuff is pure Russian propaganda that you fell for. Congrats on that.

Money laundering you're right on. Ukraine is corrupt as hell. That does not give Russia free reign to go on a murderous rampage in their country.
    Hunter’s laptop puts him on title for the biolabs you think don’t exist. Please keep up.

It’s fun to have some new blood around here to kick around, but you are woefully ignorant. At least you have the cia propaganda down.

• Options
    Founders Club

damn you guys are retarded

Nice argument shit for brains
    Thanks buddy, you're bringing a lot to the table on the subject
    You guys are retarded

Really sold it fuckwad
    Go ahead and ignore the other points I've made, I guess.

Appeasing Russia is not good policy.
    I've heard all the bullshit from Cocaine Mitch and Biden and the rest of the shitheads

Maybe you and Liz Cheney should get your ass over there and defend democracy

Or Nazis. Zelensky is a piece of shit
    How is Zelensky a piece of shit?

This is some weird shit. I expect better from you and Throbber.
    Why don't you do some fucking basic research?

100000000% this.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023

damn you guys are retarded

Nice argument shit for brains
    Thanks buddy, you're bringing a lot to the table on the subject
    You guys are retarded

Really sold it fuckwad
    Go ahead and ignore the other points I've made, I guess.

Appeasing Russia is not good policy.
    I've heard all the bullshit from Cocaine Mitch and Biden and the rest of the shitheads

Maybe you and Liz Cheney should get your ass over there and defend democracy

Or Nazis. Zelensky is a piece of shit
    How is Zelensky a piece of shit?

This is some weird shit. I expect better from you and Throbber.
    Why don't you do some fucking basic research?

100000000% this.

This is a much more nuanced take than the garbage Throbber is spouting, so kudos.

However - Russia would have been able to take and hold Ukraine rather easily without advising and supplies from US and Nato. They would also have taken over the Stans, Moldova, Belarus, and other places and next thing you know it's now USSR 2.0 that has all the confidence in the world and much better demographics.

As I said, the line needed to be drawn in the sand somewhere. I think it's completely reasonable to have Ukraine bleed Russia of manpower and teach them that this WW2 shit is not going to be tolerated in 2023.

You're right about China, but China is watching with surprise as Russia military tech is getting its ass obliterated by old US technology.
    The line in the sand can be at the Polish border (a member of NATO, by the way). Ukraine - not a member of NATO. And, let's not forget this shit is pushing Turkey away from NATO. But but DEMOCRACY for Zelensky. Nuance that.

Now, about those Ukraine bio weapons labs and corrupt money laundering....how "nuanced' does one have to be to be truthful about that?

The US guaranteed Ukraine protection in exchange for giving up their nukes in the 90s.

I'm glad you guys want USSR 2.0 and think that is a good idea. Fucks sake. Such incredibly small minded thinking.

Also - the Ukraine bio weapons stuff is pure Russian propaganda that you fell for. Congrats on that.

Money laundering you're right on. Ukraine is corrupt as hell. That does not give Russia free reign to go on a murderous rampage in their country.
    sure.gif

And perhaps you need to do some research on the Azov Regiment on just whom is murdering whom.

There is absolutely 0 evidence that bioweapons were being developed in Ukraine. You fell hook, line, and sinker for that Russian BS.

Very familiar with Azov Regiment and their Neo Nazi bullshit. They absolutely deserve to be called out on that. However, Azov was hanging out in Mariupol and defending against Russian incursions since 2014. Azov isn't the aggressor in this conflict.

Additionally, Azov has been more or less purged of Nazis.

On the flip side, are you familiar with the Wagner PMC group?
    Do you understand that what was happening in UKR during 2014 was a US backed coup?

I’ll answer for you. No. If you did, it would go a long way toward understanding how this conflict was actually promulgated.

• Options
    Founders Club

Your just phucking strawman ass with the USSR 2.0 bull shit. No one is rooting for Putin. It's just not our fight. And Putin's army is no threat to western Europe and if it is, then let them deal with it. We have no upside on this and the downside is the death of hundreds of millions of Americans.

There is no strawman bullshit with this take, what the fuck do you think the point is of Russia invading Georgia, Crimea, now Ukraine, and trying to coup there way into power in Moldova? Fun and games?

This is Putin going for broke towards the end of his life to write himself into Russian history. Problem is, he is going to end up more like the last Tsars than he is Stalin.
    So, why is this our fight? All of these places are corrupt theftocracies. Why should I care if the theftocrats are Russian or Georgian or Ukrainian? Did we turn Afghanistan or Iraq into a New Hampshire town hall democracy? Easy question. Don't hurt yourself. I'd rather focus on the real threat of China. Why don't you?

It's not our fight dipshit. It is Ukraine's fight. That is why NATO and America do not have boots on the fucking ground.
    Then I would like our? $100 BILLION dollars back.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Your just phucking strawman ass with the USSR 2.0 bull shit. No one is rooting for Putin. It's just not our fight. And Putin's army is no threat to western Europe and if it is, then let them deal with it. We have no upside on this and the downside is the death of hundreds of millions of Americans.

There is no strawman bullshit with this take, what the fuck do you think the point is of Russia invading Georgia, Crimea, now Ukraine, and trying to coup there way into power in Moldova? Fun and games?

This is Putin going for broke towards the end of his life to write himself into Russian history. Problem is, he is going to end up more like the last Tsars than he is Stalin.
    So, why is this our fight? All of these places are corrupt theftocracies. Why should I care if the theftocrats are Russian or Georgian or Ukrainian? Did we turn Afghanistan or Iraq into a New Hampshire town hall democracy? Easy question. Don't hurt yourself. I'd rather focus on the real threat of China. Why don't you?

It's not our fight dipshit. It is Ukraine's fight. That is why NATO and America do not have boots on the fucking ground.
    Then I would like our? $100 BILLION dollars back.

26 billion numbnuts

Peanuts for the military
  • Options
    Founders Club

You don't defend democracy by jailing opponents and banning churches and opposition parties

Zelensky is a gutless punk hiding behind the EU bitch while his people die

Wake the fuck up

Holy fuck you are so fucking stupid. Suck Russia's dick harder. Those people getting jailed, those opposition parties, and the Russian Orthodox churches were supporting the fucking invasion.

Russia literally had sympathizers in the mayor of Kherson and the local Ukranian general, who allowed the Russian military to waltz right into the city. Russia couldn't even hold on to that city.

For the record, if Trump won a second term I 100% believe this shitshow never happens. Trump did not fuck around, it was amazing when he blew Iran's general the fuck up. Trump would have told Putin to fuck right off and Putin would have listened.

Why do you keep talking about Russia. Biden voter

Because Zelensky and Ukraine are no better

Fuck em all

America first
    Zelensky and Ukraine are a million times better than Russia.

Russia is a has been bully that has got away with its bullshit for far too long. Obama did fucking nothing in 2014 when Russia waltzed into Crimea, it was pathetic.

Finally the US has grown some nuts regarding the situation, and dumb fucks like you are towing the line for a genocidal midget maniac.

It's honestly pathetic how ignorant you are on the topic. Educate yourself or shut the fuck up.

• Options
    Founders Club
    The amount of Russian dick sucking and excuse making in this thread would have Regan spinning in his grave

@UW_Doog_Bot is the only one here that is not a low IQ baboon
  • Options
    Founders Club

46XiJCAB said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Smooth brain takes from both of you.

The US, and NATO has spent how many billions, if not trillions, on R&D, weapon production, and all around planning for taking on a foe like Russia?

Now, our surplus stock in the hands of Ex-Soviet block countries is absolutely SHREDDING big bad Russia. It's actually amazing to watch, if you follow it and don't just gargle Tucker's balls on the topic.

We are basically eliminating Russia as a future threat to the world for pennies on the dollar.

Yes, I know Ukraine is corrupt. Yes, I know Burisma is a thing. I don't give a shit.

Russia is getting it's ass fucked by it's younger brother and Uncle Sam is getting a fantastic ROI. Plus, amazing intel on all things Russia - which has proven to be a complete paper tiger incapable of countering HIMARS artillery made by the US in...the 80s.

China is watching this shitshow with concern, too. They would never be able to sniff Taiwan, and they now know it.

The US can't even pay for it's own problems, why the fuck would you want to get an 'ROI" on a corrupt piece of shit country and their corrupt POS leader?

If you can't grasp this is way, way, way more dangerous to our national security than Vietnam and Afghanistan, there's not much I can do for you. Backing Putin into a spot where both sides are openly discussing tactical nuclear deployment is unfathomable. But go ahead and virtue signal blue and yellow all you want. Russia and Ukraine conflicts go back centuries. We have no business there.

This is shitty deal for the US and the fucking dementia patient who OK'd blowing up Russia's Nord Stream pipeline is going to be all hunkered down in his underground bunker eating ice cream while the rest of us have to sweat out the Cuban missile crisis Part 2.0. All over covering up his corrupt kid and pandering to all the shady shit the US has been funding in Ukraine.

No thanks. Fuck "ROI". All it takes is that 'paper tiger' to launch a couple dozen nukes and we're all fucked.

Russia isn't going to do a fucking thing with nukes.

If the state of their nukes is anything close to the state of their army, 75% of them probably aren't even functional.

Surplus military equipment from the 80s isn't going to benefit Kent and Kennewick. Might as well give it to Ukraine to help them defend their land from a Kim Grinolds esque dictator.

Appeasement has worked so well in dealing with Russia in the past. Georgia, Chechnya, Crimea. You have to draw a line in the sand somewhere

The hard on some people on the right have for Russia is flat out embarrassing. Grow some balls.
    Embarrassing venture into the tug.
    I'm 100% right on this topic.

Defending democracy, even corrupt and struggling ones, is important. And we are doing it by giving said democracy old weapons and intelligence.

Having Russia gobble up ex USSR countries is not good for anyone.

The fact that Russia wasn't able to take down Ukraine in the first month of the war is embarrassing. The fact Russia can't even fly planes into Ukraine is embarrassing. The fact Russia is afraid to use the S-35 and T-14 in Ukraine is embarrassing. The fact Russia is pulling 50s and 60s tanks out of storage is embarrassing.

Everything about this is embarrassing for Russia and incredible to watch. The takes you guys have on the matter are embarrassing, too.
    So how much more money and time is required to get this big ROI payoff?

Time? As long as it takes until Russia fucks off, hopefully for good.

I get the monetary concerns, but this is a country that wasted trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan. As opposed to something like Iraq this is actually a good use of military funds. Again - most of the shit we are supplying them with is yesterday's news like HIMARS, Bradleys, and Abrams

Word on the street is that Putin isn't doing very well, health wise. One way or the other he doesn't survive for much longer after this clusterfuck.

I’ve heard Putin was on his death bed since this thing started. The South Vietnamese just needed more equipment. Same shit different day.
    The South Vietnamese were totally inept. Ukraine has proven itself to be anything but.

Also, the North Vietnamese are 100 times the tacticians the Russians are today. They were badasses that fought the US hard, kicked Pol Pot's ass, then turned around and kicked China's ass. \

The US should never have been in Nam. Apples and oranges.
    Nope. Them apples are definitely the same.

Door. Ass. Out. We belong.

• Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

46XiJCAB said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Smooth brain takes from both of you.

The US, and NATO has spent how many billions, if not trillions, on R&D, weapon production, and all around planning for taking on a foe like Russia?

Now, our surplus stock in the hands of Ex-Soviet block countries is absolutely SHREDDING big bad Russia. It's actually amazing to watch, if you follow it and don't just gargle Tucker's balls on the topic.

We are basically eliminating Russia as a future threat to the world for pennies on the dollar.

Yes, I know Ukraine is corrupt. Yes, I know Burisma is a thing. I don't give a shit.

Russia is getting it's ass fucked by it's younger brother and Uncle Sam is getting a fantastic ROI. Plus, amazing intel on all things Russia - which has proven to be a complete paper tiger incapable of countering HIMARS artillery made by the US in...the 80s.

China is watching this shitshow with concern, too. They would never be able to sniff Taiwan, and they now know it.

The US can't even pay for it's own problems, why the fuck would you want to get an 'ROI" on a corrupt piece of shit country and their corrupt POS leader?

If you can't grasp this is way, way, way more dangerous to our national security than Vietnam and Afghanistan, there's not much I can do for you. Backing Putin into a spot where both sides are openly discussing tactical nuclear deployment is unfathomable. But go ahead and virtue signal blue and yellow all you want. Russia and Ukraine conflicts go back centuries. We have no business there.

This is shitty deal for the US and the fucking dementia patient who OK'd blowing up Russia's Nord Stream pipeline is going to be all hunkered down in his underground bunker eating ice cream while the rest of us have to sweat out the Cuban missile crisis Part 2.0. All over covering up his corrupt kid and pandering to all the shady shit the US has been funding in Ukraine.

No thanks. Fuck "ROI". All it takes is that 'paper tiger' to launch a couple dozen nukes and we're all fucked.

Russia isn't going to do a fucking thing with nukes.

If the state of their nukes is anything close to the state of their army, 75% of them probably aren't even functional.

Surplus military equipment from the 80s isn't going to benefit Kent and Kennewick. Might as well give it to Ukraine to help them defend their land from a Kim Grinolds esque dictator.

Appeasement has worked so well in dealing with Russia in the past. Georgia, Chechnya, Crimea. You have to draw a line in the sand somewhere

The hard on some people on the right have for Russia is flat out embarrassing. Grow some balls.
    Embarrassing venture into the tug.
    I'm 100% right on this topic.

Defending democracy, even corrupt and struggling ones, is important. And we are doing it by giving said democracy old weapons and intelligence.

Having Russia gobble up ex USSR countries is not good for anyone.

The fact that Russia wasn't able to take down Ukraine in the first month of the war is embarrassing. The fact Russia can't even fly planes into Ukraine is embarrassing. The fact Russia is afraid to use the S-35 and T-14 in Ukraine is embarrassing. The fact Russia is pulling 50s and 60s tanks out of storage is embarrassing.

Everything about this is embarrassing for Russia and incredible to watch. The takes you guys have on the matter are embarrassing, too.
    So how much more money and time is required to get this big ROI payoff?

Time? As long as it takes until Russia fucks off, hopefully for good.

I get the monetary concerns, but this is a country that wasted trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan. As opposed to something like Iraq this is actually a good use of military funds. Again - most of the shit we are supplying them with is yesterday's news like HIMARS, Bradleys, and Abrams

Word on the street is that Putin isn't doing very well, health wise. One way or the other he doesn't survive for much longer after this clusterfuck.

I’ve heard Putin was on his death bed since this thing started. The South Vietnamese just needed more equipment. Same shit different day.
    The South Vietnamese were totally inept. Ukraine has proven itself to be anything but.

Also, the North Vietnamese are 100 times the tacticians the Russians are today. They were badasses that fought the US hard, kicked Pol Pot's ass, then turned around and kicked China's ass. \

The US should never have been in Nam. Apples and oranges.
    Nope. Them apples are definitely the same.

Door. Ass. Out. We belong.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the US military is full fledged in Ukraine and that we have reinstated a draft?

Dumb. Fuck.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

sure.gif

And perhaps you need to do some research on the Azov Regiment on just whom is murdering whom.

There is absolutely 0 evidence that bioweapons were being developed in Ukraine. You fell hook, line, and sinker for that Russian BS.

Very familiar with Azov Regiment and their Neo Nazi bullshit. They absolutely deserve to be called out on that. However, Azov was hanging out in Mariupol and defending against Russian incursions since 2014. Azov isn't the aggressor in this conflict.

Additionally, Azov has been more or less purged of Nazis.

On the flip side, are you familiar with the Wagner PMC group?
    Azov more or less purged of Nazis? Says who? Maybe Congress needs to be informed of their new leaf. It’s laughable the idea that Ukraine is kicking Russian ass.

Where they gain somewhere they lose in multiple areas. Where are you getting your Ukraine kicking ass info?

Info on Azov:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraines-azov-battalion-looks-to-regroup-and-clean-up-image-11654453889

Info on Ukraine kicking Russia's fucking ass:

https://liveuamap.com/

Meanwhile, Russia's state sponsored mercenary group:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group#:~:text=Others say the group's name,Hitler's favorite composer).

"In 2021, the Foreign Policy report noted the origin of the name "Wagner" to be unknown.[51] Others say the group's name comes from Utkin's own call sign "Wagner", reportedly after the German composer Richard Wagner, which Utkin is said to have chosen due to his passion for the Third Reich (Wagner being Adolf Hitler's favorite composer).[79][80] As such, some believe he is a neo-Nazi,[81][82] with The Economist reporting that Utkin has several Nazi tattoos.[80]"

Good grief. They’re trying hard to clean up their image. Right up there with the meth addict trying hard to kick their habit.

Why do you think we never hear about Ukraine getting their asses kicked? We only hear about how terribly the Russians are doing. Give it some thought.

When Ukraine had their victory is September it came at great cost and then they lost territory in other regions.

Are you under the impression there are people rooting for Russia here? If you are, you’re a fucking moron.
    Look at the fucking map. HTH

https://liveuamap.com/

absolute peanut brains
    Keep on telling me you have never listened to a military strategist explain what Russia is doing, without telling me. Put the establishment bong down. Ukraine winning is a fantasy.

Even your guy Gen. Milley says both sides will eventually come to the table. The loss of lives for both is too great to continue much longer.

But the map! Why does Russia take territory and then leave territory to take new territory?
    You have 0 idea what you are talking about. Russia is abandoning territory because they are getting routed, not because they are playing 5d chess.

This conflict is like the US invading Mexico and being unable to take Mexico city.

Pathetic.
    Who told you that lie? Zelensky?
    The map?

What happened in Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Kherson?
    You have zero understanding of what Russia is doing. They’re slowly grinding down Ukraine because they can. That’s according to experts.

If you think their plan is some Blitzkrieg type action you’re just not reading any analysis of what’s going on.

The Russians are fine with making slow gains and that’s what they’ve been doing. Keep focusing on maps and cities like Kyiv.

I remember when countries worked to negotiate peace between warring countries. But Joey isn’t interested in that, no matter how many Ukrainians have to die.

Amazing how stupid you are. Like, resoundingly stupid. Low IQ stupid.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vladimir-putin-russian-forces-could-take-kyiv-ukraine-two-days-2022-3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Antonov_Airport

"On 24 February 2022, a few hours after President of Russia Vladimir Putin announced the beginning of a "special military operation" in Ukraine, Russian troops of the Russian Airborne Forces (VDV) made an air assault on Antonov Airport with the objective of capturing it. The airport held strategic value as it was located less than 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) outside of the capital Kyiv, which would allow Russian troops to airlift more troops and heavier equipment to directly threaten the city.[6] However, the Ukrainian military responded with a counter-attack which encircled the unsupported Russian forces and repelled the initial assault.[14] The attack resumed on the next day with another air assault by the VDV combined with a ground assault by armored reinforcements coming from the Belarusian border, breaking through the Ukrainian defenses. The airport was then captured by the Russian forces.[14] Despite this, the unexpected Ukrainian resistance foiled the plans of a quick capitulation of Kyiv,[7] and the airport was too damaged to be used as a functional airstrip.[15]"

"Security analyst Andrew McGregor described the battle for Antonov Airport as "Russian Airborne Disaster". According to him, the initial Russian operation had aimed at securing an early access for the invasion forces into Kyiv to end the entire war within a day or two. Instead, Russian intelligence had failed to assess the actual concentration of Ukrainian defenders around the airport, and assumed only token defenses. As the initial landing force was too small to hold the locality, while the Russian military was unable to secure air transport for reinforcements as well as prevent Ukrainian counter-attacks, this led to the destruction of the first landing force. McGregor argued that the failure to take Antonov Airport and another airport at Vasylkiv at the invasion's start ended Russia's chance to bring the conflict to swift conclusion.[10]"

Russian special forces got smoked. Estimates are that nearly half the VDV was wiped out in the initial invasion.

Honestly, I'm amazed at how dumb you are.
  • Options
    Founders Club

US advisors are already there

Arming Ukraine is an act of war

You're killing Ukrainian and Russian people with your blind support of what a bunch of lying assholes tell you to support

Advisors are everywhere. Welcome to politics.

Arming Ukraine is not an act of war. Selling Giving weapons to kill Russians is not an act of war.

The only ones killing Ukranians and Russians, are Russians.
    The only act of war was Russia crossing the Ukranian border last February. Christ, you are pathetic.

The Nordstrom Pipeline and I had a hearty chuckle in the newsroom.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023
    pawz said:

You're killing Ukrainian and Russian people with your blind support of what a bunch of lying assholes tell you to support

Arming Ukraine is not an act of war. Selling Giving weapons to kill Russians is not an act of war.

The only act of war was Russia crossing the Ukranian border last February. Christ, you are pathetic.

The Nordstrom Pipeline and I had a hearty chuckle in the newsroom.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-british-navy-personnel-blew-up-nord-stream-gas-pipelines-2022-10-29/

Try again dipshit

Nordstrom isn't a pipeline by the way - it's a place you're too poor to shop at. Maybe the rack has a few items for you?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Imagine rooting for an actual Nazi state.

I'm not rooting for anyone involved in this conflict to win hth.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023

The only act of war was Russia crossing the Ukranian border last February. Christ, you are pathetic honest.

Okay, Vlad.
    Just like the Hitler rule, the first to call you Vlad is losing the argument. Congrats.
    Vlad and Hitler have a lot in common, Vlad.
    So do losers who resort to name calling as an argument. You still haven't told me what the US interests are in having Russian theftocrats steal from Ukrainians versus Ukrainian theftocrats?
    Russia does not have the right to mercilessly invade their neighbors. End of story.

Ukraine, flawed as it is, is a sovereign nation that has the right to defend itself

Russia is still living in the 19th century and needs to be brought to its knees. Land wars are a thing of the past and the world has finally had enough of their bullshit.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Imagine rooting for an actual Nazi state.

Russia?

Do you realize that Zelensky is Jewish?
    Do you realize they have a shitload of Nazi's in the Ukraine army? Look past whatever Madcow is feeding you.
    Russia's state sponsored mercenary group is named after a 3rd Reich propagandist and their founder is covered in Nazi tattoos.

Russia is invading a neighbor, committing mass war crimes, deporting children, all for the sake of grabbing land and trying to rekindle the glory days.

If anyone in this war is actual Nazis, it is Russia.

You guys are so brainwashed on this topic. Open your eyes.

Honest query. How do you feel about the US in possession of and controlling a full third of Syria? The oil-third no less.

• Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

The only act of war was Russia crossing the Ukranian border last February. Christ, you are pathetic honest.

Okay, Vlad.
    Just like the Hitler rule, the first to call you Vlad is losing the argument. Congrats.
    Vlad and Hitler have a lot in common, Vlad.
    So do losers who resort to name calling as an argument. You still haven't told me what the US interests are in having Russian theftocrats steal from Ukrainians versus Ukrainian theftocrats?
    Russia does not have the right to mercilessly invade their neighbors. End of story.

Ukraine, flawed as it is, is a sovereign nation that has the right to defend itself

Russia is still living in the 19th century and needs to be brought to its knees. Land wars are a thing of the past and the world has finally had enough of their bullshit.
    Honest query. How do you feel about the US in possession of and controlling a full third of Syria? The oil-third no less.

Are you counting Syrian resistance to the regime as "the US"?

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If yous guysm can't see the realpolitik advantage of letting Ukrainians kill Russians then there's not much else to say. The only thing better would be if China invaded the parts of Manchuria Russia holds and they started killing one another.

It's the same reason we gave stingers to the Mujahideen and it will end the same way for Russia. Maybe they'll "anex" the east of Ukraine but it's going to cost them their empire in the long run.

No real fucks from me where that line ends up as long as Russia continues to break its own back and get bled out.

Btw, we are sending the same stingers from the 70's and 80's that were still sitting on the shelves.

Putin won't use nukes. I could write a whole thread on why he won't.

We shouldn't be guaranteeing Ukrainian pensions or any number of other stupid money laundering schemes. Differentiate that between sending old military hardware set for disposal.

Tldr when two of your enemies go to war a long bloody stalemate is something you support with goods not boots.

We are scheduled to sent Ukraine brand new Bradleys and M1 tanks. We have already sent state of the art artillery systems. Why wouldn't Putin use tactical nukes if his back is against the wall? Your thread shouldn't start with, "because he won't".

PS This isn't the 1970s and how did Afghanistan work out for us after the commies left?
    PPS There are a lot of things we shouldn't be doing but having anti-American POS that are making a fortune in Ukraine run the show, then we are funding all sorts of sh*t including Ukrainian theftocrats.
    Both Bradley's and M1's are decades old and we aren't sending them the ones with the latest gear. Hth.

We sent them an artillery system from the 70's and 80's with none of the latest ranged systems. Himar's and by extension rocket systems are extremely old tech by US standards.

Tldr version, start a thread if you want the full version but Putin won't do anything that puts Putin 6ft under. This is not how nuclear deterence works. He isn't remotely close to losing power in Russia over this war so there's not really a corner there like you imagine.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023

If yous guysm can't see the realpolitik advantage of letting Ukrainians kill Russians then there's not much else to say. The only thing better would be if China invaded the parts of Manchuria Russia holds and they started killing one another.

It's the same reason we gave stingers to the Mujahideen and it will end the same way for Russia. Maybe they'll "anex" the east of Ukraine but it's going to cost them their empire in the long run.

No real fucks from me where that line ends up as long as Russia continues to break its own back and get bled out.

Btw, we are sending the same stingers from the 70's and 80's that were still sitting on the shelves.

Putin won't use nukes. I could write a whole thread on why he won't.

We shouldn't be guaranteeing Ukrainian pensions or any number of other stupid money laundering schemes. Differentiate that between sending old military hardware set for disposal.

Tldr when two of your enemies go to war a long bloody stalemate is something you support with goods not boots.

We are scheduled to sent Ukraine brand new Bradleys and M1 tanks. We have already sent state of the art artillery systems. Why wouldn't Putin use tactical nukes if his back is against the wall? Your thread shouldn't start with, "because he won't".

PS This isn't the 1970s and how did Afghanistan work out for us after the commies left?
    PPS There are a lot of things we shouldn't be doing but having anti-American POS that are making a fortune in Ukraine run the show, then we are funding all sorts of sh*t including Ukrainian theftocrats.
    Both Bradley's and M1's are decades old and we aren't sending them the ones with the latest gear. Hth.

We sent them an artillery system from the 70's and 80's with none of the latest ranged systems. Himar's and by extension rocket systems are extremely old tech by US standards.

Tldr version, start a thread if you want the full version but Putin won't do anything that puts Putin 6ft under. This is not how nuclear deterence works. He isn't remotely close to losing power in Russia over this war so there's not really a corner there like you imagine.

Yeah, these people think that neutered HIMARs, Bradleys, and M1s are state of the art US tech and not Desert Storm dusty relics

Really a great litmus test for not knowing what the fuck they are talking about