Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dill Johnson MSU transfer

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why was he in the portal?

Beef with Leach, wanted the ball more
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doog boner is rising with this one.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Pickle Johnson
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Also, this creates an interesting logjam at RB.

Newton seems loyal and I like him. Davis is alright and did surprisingly great against Oregon. All the other dudes....meh?

I'd imagine Sunday, that transfer RB we got last year (dumas or something?), and one other guy leaves
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 784
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Nice work by the staff to turn over the RB room. Looking for Pickle Rick Newton, and Dill Johnson to be the guys next year with Ngata and Sam Adams Jr as the depth guys.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Adams, Sunday, Dumas, Nixon out?
    Davis, Johnson, Newton, Rogers, Ngata in?
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

113 receptions the last two seasons for Johnson, yeah he was playing in the air raid but still an impressive stat. McMillan had 118 the last two seasons and Rome had 116.

And he left because he wasnt getting enough touches.

Which is kind of interesting, because he will compete with at least Davis, maybe Ngata or Newton, for touches.

It's interesting the staff brought in Ngata at all
    Interesting indeed, I think you’re right about one or two of the depth guys transferring out of the logjam. I would guess Ngata was brought in because he’s a bit of a savant in pass pro, but doesn’t bring much else to the table. None of these guys are the complete back that can catch the ball, pick up blitzes and be reliable in short yardage like Grubb/DeBoer are looking for out of that position. Tybo Rogers would be that guy but he’ll need to sit for a year or two before he can be counted on
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

113 receptions the last two seasons for Johnson, yeah he was playing in the air raid but still an impressive stat. McMillan had 118 the last two seasons and Rome had 116.

And he left because he wasnt getting enough touches.

Which is kind of interesting, because he will compete with at least Davis, maybe Ngata or Newton, for touches.

It's interesting the staff brought in Ngata at all
    I could live without Ngata if I'm perfectly honest. I don't think that was a good pickup in hindsight.

I also think Sam Adams is going to be good and feel I'm probably the only one here who thinks so. I like him and Nixon.

Honestly I can't predict who will leave. I think Davis, Newton and the two transfers are all staying at UW. Everyone else is a candidate to portal.