Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The DeBoer HH relationship timeline

123457»

Comments

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
    We have plenty of time left this season to hate DeBoner. We lose to Colorado and/or Coog and it's Koolaid tim. Given what he's done so far, all is well in Doogville
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,020 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

My support for hiring Deboer was based on this: people who excel zat one thing or in one place tend to carry that with them. Really driven people stay driven and smart people stay smart.

It's not possible to do much better than he did at Sioux Falls. He had a few years as a coordinator and HC at D1 schools so he wasn't going to be blindsided by how hard the job is.

He just seemed like a good candidate. If you aren't stealing Saban or somehow luring Bob Stoops out of retirement, this seems like a good risk to me. Returns so far are mixed but pointing mostly toward me being right.

Not crowning though. He'll prove it when he proves it. Or not.

Bob Stoops would have pulled a Peterman by year 2. A guy who quit a winning Oklahoma program agrees to coach a no booster supported woke community team with a twenty something Duck grad stumping for an oly fans deal running point for the lifeblood of the roster? How long does that last?

Stoops would have pulled the Peterman card, needing 1-2 years to get his guys in here. New scheme, new attitude. Sub 500 record supplemented by Peterman speak, "it's hard to win in this league."

The Doogs swoon when Stoops kicks the best player of the team for the betterment of the program. Then, a change of heart. Presser called.

Brother Mike takes the rains with the program never in better shape. Bobby is thanked for his service. Jen calls him a Dawg for life. Multiple threads on Brand-X with reach arounds for the HOF coach for stepping up when called to serve. Lots of "Woof!" Then the program dips. Again. But our history and legacy of doing it RIGHT

Fuck that
    @Baseman gets it.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dannarc said:

We have plenty of time left this season to hate DeBoner. We lose to Colorado and/or Coog and it's Koolaid tim. Given what he's done so far, all is well in Doogville

Or we could be more measured and rational from the beginning....
    dannarc said:

dannarc said:

Alot of us picked DeBoner over other candidates and many here picked 8-9 wins. This season is going exactly as I and many others expected, the win over Oregon, however, was not expected. It's fun to win a game or two that you shouldn't and be in play for conference titles and meaningful bowel games...that's all

So some here aren’t doogs. I never said everyone here is. Just a larger number than there should be. Maybe you’re one of the good ones.

However….your last sentence smells doogy. “In play for a conference title”. Also, winning a game you shouldn’t is great…losing a game you shouldn’t is unforgivable.
    I'm a fucking Doog, so what. The two aren't mutually exclusive. I can be a stupid Doog and yet, know better. The difference is, when things are in the shitter and trending down, this is when the dumbass Doogs look for anything to make themselves feel better, the other side is Dooging for an upward trending program. Different types of Doogs Damone. We have moderates, right wing dipshits, liberal tree sniffing Doogs, you name it, they're all here
    Disagree. A doog has a definition. You're trying to broaden it to "fan". Not on my watch
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,710 Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

dannarc said:

Alot of us picked DeBoner over other candidates and many here picked 8-9 wins. This season is going exactly as I and many others expected, the win over Oregon, however, was not expected. It's fun to win a game or two that you shouldn't and be in play for conference titles and meaningful bowel games...that's all

So some here aren’t doogs. I never said everyone here is. Just a larger number than there should be. Maybe you’re one of the good ones.

However….your last sentence smells doogy. “In play for a conference title”. Also, winning a game you shouldn’t is great…losing a game you shouldn’t is unforgivable.
    I'm a fucking Doog, so what. The two aren't mutually exclusive. I can be a stupid Doog and yet, know better. The difference is, when things are in the shitter and trending down, this is when the dumbass Doogs look for anything to make themselves feel better, the other side is Dooging for an upward trending program. Different types of Doogs Damone. We have moderates, right wing dipshits, liberal tree sniffing Doogs, you name it, they're all here
    Disagree. A doog has a definition. You're trying to broaden it to "fan". Not on my watch
    We discussed this recently

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/92851/do-we-doog-too-much/p1

dannarc said:

dannarc said:

We discussed this recently

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/92851/do-we-doog-too-much/p1
    I know. I participated. Nothings changed with me. The kings of the doogs were butt hurt and offended as usual. The term doesn’t evolve. It is what it what it is and not subject to redefinition.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter

Speaking of the Oregon game. Have we discussed the greatest play in years? The hit Cook put on Nix. That should be played at Husky stadium like Oregon plays the pick. It’s that big and epic. They finally put a spy on Nix. Cook hid it. And went full blast into the hole. Nix was shocked and looked offended. As if he had a right to the lane to the end zone. The play of the year and probably several years.

The most beautiful part of that play was how abrupt and solid that hit was. Nix didn't fall forward, slide to the side, or reach the ball forward for any extra yardage.

Instead Nix ran squarely into a cement truck. And those things don't give.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,819 Swaye's Wigwam

Speaking of the Oregon game. Have we discussed the greatest play in years? The hit Cook put on Nix. That should be played at Husky stadium like Oregon plays the pick. It’s that big and epic. They finally put a spy on Nix. Cook hid it. And went full blast into the hole. Nix was shocked and looked offended. As if he had a right to the lane to the end zone. The play of the year and probably several years.

The most beautiful part of that play was how abrupt and solid that hit was. Nix didn't fall forward, slide to the side, or reach the ball forward for any extra yardage.

But … but … but … targeting!
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2022
    TheHB said:

Fuck 'Em. They cashed in any complaints with that fake injury to buy themselves one last shot.

We?'re even.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

dannarc said:

dannarc said:

Thank God you're standing sentry. For a brief moment I reconsidered my DeBoner views. A quick shit (very brief. Two swipe variety) and I regained my original perspective
    Baseman said:

dannarc said:

dannarc said:

Thank God you're standing sentry. For a brief moment I reconsidered my DeBoner views. A quick shit (very brief. Two swipe variety) and I regained my original perspective
    You’re welcome. I do what I can…but I’m merely one man.

TheHB said:

Fuck 'Em. They cashed in any complaints with that fake injury to buy themselves one last shot.

We?'re even.
    I’m hearing all teams do the fake injury game plan.