Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The DeBoer HH relationship timeline

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I was all in on Deboer after he beat a RANKED Oregon State.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Due to clock mismanagement at the end of the game I poasted that. Outcomes matter. So does process.

I would like a Damone Doog rating plz
    The process matters most. Get that right and wins follow. Have a shitty process and you win games with a late interception off an Arizona players foot and think you coached a masterful game.

Have a shitty process, but luck out with a QB named Tui, have a bunch of big comeback wins, go to the rose bowl and pop off, but in reality your’re a 7-6 coach. Eventually patterns emerge. It takes time.

Is Penix DeBoer’s Tui? I’m not saying he is, I’m saying I don’t know. But we have seen it before.
    I've been spending three days a week in Spokane smashing that point into the face of the branch. It's a process. It's hard

But DeBoer does have a proven process. Like me he's a winner.
    He has a process in the glorified high school division. Was OK at FSU, 9-5 conference record. He is in his 3rd year as a power 5 head coach. LIPO.
    Jim Tressel was a national champion at Youngstown State before Ohio State

Winning is winning

Rick was spotty before UW and after

I am LIPO but sharing some of my brilliant insight that you can't get anywhere else
    Just making sure everything is evidence based.

Greg Bohl won several national championships at NDSU. Is now a .500 coach at Wyoming.

LIPO
    Since you waived your 15 game rule before drawing a conclusion, I'll point out the following:

Bohl took over a 5-7 team at Wyoming and won 4 games his first year, 2 the next. DeBoner doesn't need time to get his guys in here, even though he does.

Even with Bohl's 3 natties, he lost 32 games. DeBoner 3.

Baseman Disclaimer: Natties won/Losses >= 1, ELITE coach

I do applaud your effort even though your comp falls short.
    Races example was simplistic. As was my response. Small time Nattys may or may not translate to a winning FBS coach. There are examples each way. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Due to clock mismanagement at the end of the game I poasted that. Outcomes matter. So does process.

The process matters most. Get that right and wins follow. Have a shitty process and you win games with a late interception off an Arizona players foot and think you coached a masterful game.

Have a shitty process, but luck out with a QB named Tui, have a bunch of big comeback wins, go to the rose bowl and pop off, but in reality your’re a 7-6 coach. Eventually patterns emerge. It takes time.

Is Penix DeBoer’s Tui? I’m not saying he is, I’m saying I don’t know. But we have seen it before.
    I've been spending three days a week in Spokane smashing that point into the face of the branch. It's a process. It's hard

He has a process in the glorified high school division. Was OK at FSU, 9-5 conference record. He is in his 3rd year as a power 5 head coach. LIPO.

Winning is winning

I am LIPO but sharing some of my brilliant insight that you can't get anywhere else

Greg Bohl won several national championships at NDSU. Is now a .500 coach at Wyoming.

LIPO
    Since you waived your 15 game rule before drawing a conclusion, I'll point out the following:

Bohl took over a 5-7 team at Wyoming and won 4 games his first year, 2 the next. DeBoner doesn't need time to get his guys in here, even though he does.

Races example was simplistic. As was my response. Small time Nattys may or may not translate to a winning FBS coach. There are examples each way. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
    A winning percentage speaks volumes and is not simplistic

Tressel was 70% at Youngstown 15 years 4-2 in the natty game

Bohl was 74 percent in 11 years 3-1 in the natty game. Also old as fuck now

DeBoer was 95% in 5 years and 4-1 in natty games

Not a guarantee but DeBoer is ridiculous

Sounds like you’ve had a boner for DeBoer since day one and loved the hire. That’s good.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Winning is winning

LIPO

Race is RIGHT as Purple Rain

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Winning is winning

LIPO

Beat TCC and Lincoln High, then pop-off!
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,020 Founders Club

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Winning is winning

LIPO

Three in a row (effectively) is THE mindset of a Champion.

Tim Grover would call that a "cleaner". IYKYK.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Winning is winning

LIPO

Sounds like you’ve had a boner for DeBoer since day one and loved the hire. That’s good.
    I was against it

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Winning is winning

LIPO

I was against it
    Why? He won 95% of his games. Winners win

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Winning is winning

LIPO

I was against it
    Small school

Too simplistic

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Winning is winning

LIPO

I was against it
    Small school

Too simplistic
    That’s what I thought

Baseman said:

whlinder said:

Winning is winning

LIPO

I was against it
    Small school

Too simplistic
    That’s what I thought
    #MeToo
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,020 Founders Club
    haie said:

There's plenty of time for DeBoer to make us hate him again this season. A flat performance in Pullman or a limp dick bowl effort can get there easily.

But him and his staff get the two weeks to smoke weed and talk shit.

I would wager heavily our? days of limp dick effort are over.

I'm getting ALL the screenshots I need
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam
    My support for hiring Deboer was based on this: people who excel zat one thing or in one place tend to carry that with them. Really driven people stay driven and smart people stay smart.

It's not possible to do much better than he did at Sioux Falls. He had a few years as a coordinator and HC at D1 schools so he wasn't going to be blindsided by how hard the job is.

He just seemed like a good candidate. If you aren't stealing Saban or somehow luring Bob Stoops out of retirement, this seems like a good risk to me. Returns so far are mixed but pointing mostly toward me being right.

Not crowning though. He'll prove it when he proves it. Or not.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

My support for hiring Deboer was based on this: people who excel zat one thing or in one place tend to carry that with them. Really driven people stay driven and smart people stay smart.

It's not possible to do much better than he did at Sioux Falls. He had a few years as a coordinator and HC at D1 schools so he wasn't going to be blindsided by how hard the job is.

He just seemed like a good candidate. If you aren't stealing Saban or somehow luring Bob Stoops out of retirement, this seems like a good risk to me. Returns so far are mixed but pointing mostly toward me being right.

Not crowning though. He'll prove it when he proves it. Or not.

Bob Stoops would have pulled a Peterman by year 2. A guy who quit a winning Oklahoma program agrees to coach a no booster supported woke community team with a twenty something Duck grad stumping for an oly fans deal running point for the lifeblood of the roster? How long does that last?

Stoops would have pulled the Peterman card, needing 1-2 years to get his guys in here. New scheme, new attitude. Sub 500 record supplemented by Peterman speak, "it's hard to win in this league."

The Doogs swoon when Stoops kicks the best player of the team for the betterment of the program. Then, a change of heart. Presser called.

Brother Mike takes the rains with the program never in better shape. Bobby is thanked for his service. Jen calls him a Dawg for life. Multiple threads on Brand-X with reach arounds for the HOF coach for stepping up when called to serve. Lots of "Woof!" Then the program dips. Again. But our history and legacy of doing it RIGHT

Fuck that
    Yeah that's probably about how it would go. It would've been hard to find anyone questioning it at the time had it been a real thing though. That's sizzle.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Doogles said:

whlinder said:

It's fair to question if the next man up will be as good as Penix, odds are he won't lead the nation in passing.

But it's important to remember that Penix was bad/awful without Deboer and was ranked a 3 star transfer. Nobody was knocking on his door to play.

Also watch the game with your eyes and it's obvious the routes and multiple looks are scheming guys open.
    He’s made some great throws but even on some of those plays, the scheme got them open. The 76 yard TD throw to Polk was a fucking dime, but he was wide open deep. There are tons of those examples. TD to Westover against Oregon State, Newton vs Cal.

We have some good talent at WR, but these guys aren’t open because they are incredible players. They are wide open because
    Canadawg said:

whlinder said:

The process is that DeBoer has always had great offenses and he needs to figure it the fuck out with the talent and coaching on defense. It’s not like this team is his ideal team.
    Thats why I personally have not anointed him
    Nothing to anoint yet. I’m optimistic and his track record is very good. Still gotta get it done. So far, it has been a good season, albeit with some warts.