Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The DeBoer HH relationship timeline

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

10 games is 2/3 of the way you pressing too much moron

A half brain looks at evidence

Try it

15 games is pointless when the first two next year are Boise and Tulsa. DeBoner winning out this year gives DeMoan his answer.
    Some people think is if they win or lose. Other realize it’s how they win or lose that matters most.

So what you're saying is that people's opinions change as outcomes change? Thanks Taft!

No. I'm saying this place has as many Doogs as Doogman. Everything I listed were emotional responses to the situation. Not fact or reason based.

One comment heard early was the team goes how Penix goes. If he goes down it's going to be ugly. That's true. And assuming that's true and happen, would there still be a Boner for DeBoer?
    Imagine having an emotional response to your favorite college football team. Terrible I tell n ya. Just awful.
    This thread delivered. Doog central showed up as expected.
    Baseman said:

Imagine debating an 8-2 coach, who inherited a 4-8 team, fresh off a win against top-ten ranked oregon at www.autzenstadium.com Imagine that

Imagine thinking I’m debating or suggesting DeBoer is a bad coach.
    edited November 2022

Canadawg said:

Nov 2021 - “Great job Jen you leopard print wearing retard. Whiffed on the big names and settled for a Mid Major coach!”
    Dec 2021 - “WTF DeBoer? The best players are transferring and recruiting is in the shitter”
    Dec 2021 - “Who is Penix and what’s up with his name?” “Great, an injury prone QB from Indiana, whoop dee doo”
    Spring 2022 - “There is no buzz or excitement around the program”. “Spring game, whatever” “Penis (hee hee) looked decent”
    Summer 2022 - “Everyone is staying all summer and working harder than ever”
    Kent State - “Better than losing to Montana” “Kent state, big deal”
    PSU - “Ass kicking and looking good, maybe DeBoer has this thing on the right track, Doog time?”
    MSU - “We are back! Knocked off the #12 team, Crown his ass! Can we get a go fund me together to keep him and Grubb from leaving?” “Doog it up” Damoans an dumbass!” “Penix for Heisman” “I didn’t think we’d be back so soon”.
    Stanford - “Rich, cool and 4-0!” “I can’t believe DeBoer is making a playoff run in year 1”
    UCLA - “Well, that was a GOOD UCLA team” “You can’t expect a first year coach to win them all” “Winning on the road in the Pac-12 is really hard” “Penix wasn’t winning the Heisman anyway”
    ASU - “WTF?” “We always lose in the desert” “Thanks Jen for hiring an unproven power 5 coach” “Damoan was right”. “You nega Dawgs suck, you’re never happy, no one ever expected them to go 10-1”
    AZ - “We crushed them!” “10 points is crushing them? Az sucks” “Can’t you people just be happy with a win”

OSU - “It wasn’t pretty but a wins a win and OSU was RANKED!” “Hey Damoan, is 5-7 still in play 😂 😂 “
    UO - “Lifetime contract for DeBoer!” “”Penix is the best UW player in my lifetime!” “Why isn’t Penix being mentioned for Heisman?” “Biggest win in Decades!” “What needs to happen for us to get to the pac 12 championship game?” “Hey Damoan, 11-2 in play you dumbass”

That’s the script. This place runs like a Swiss watch. Very consistent.

I dont think the entire bold part happened at all you had to doctor the sentiment up quite a bit to fit your narrative
    I’m at least 18 percentage points higher than the normal 81% certainty that everything in bold about the MSU is accurate.

@MikeDamone is a crotchety old man who hates fun but he doesn’t make up shit to prove his point.
    I love fun. Having fun is fun. That’s one of my mottos
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    edited November 2022

whlinder said:

Due to clock mismanagement at the end of the game I poasted that. Outcomes matter. So does process.

I would like a Damone Doog rating plz
    The process matters most. Get that right and wins follow. Have a shitty process and you win games with a late interception off an Arizona players foot and think you coached a masterful game.

Have a shitty process, but luck out with a QB named Tui, have a bunch of big comeback wins, go to the rose bowl and pop off, but in reality your’re a 7-6 coach. Eventually patterns emerge. It takes time.

Is Penix DeBoer’s Tui? I’m not saying he is, I’m saying I don’t know. But we have seen it before.
    I've been spending three days a week in Spokane smashing that point into the face of the branch. It's a process. It's hard

But DeBoer does have a proven process. Like me he's a winner.

whlinder said:

Due to clock mismanagement at the end of the game I poasted that. Outcomes matter. So does process.

The process matters most. Get that right and wins follow. Have a shitty process and you win games with a late interception off an Arizona players foot and think you coached a masterful game.

Have a shitty process, but luck out with a QB named Tui, have a bunch of big comeback wins, go to the rose bowl and pop off, but in reality your’re a 7-6 coach. Eventually patterns emerge. It takes time.

Is Penix DeBoer’s Tui? I’m not saying he is, I’m saying I don’t know. But we have seen it before.
    I've been spending three days a week in Spokane smashing that point into the face of the branch. It's a process. It's hard

He has a process in the glorified high school division. Was OK at FSU, 9-5 conference record. He is in his 3rd year as a power 5 head coach. LIPO.

whlinder said:

He has a process in the glorified high school division. Was OK at FSU, 9-5 conference record. He is in his 3rd year as a power 5 head coach. LIPO.
    Jim Tressel was a national champion at Youngstown State before Ohio State

Winning is winning

Rick was spotty before UW and after

I am LIPO but sharing some of my brilliant insight that you can't get anywhere else
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,020 Founders Club

10 games is 2/3 of the way you pressing too much moron

A half brain looks at evidence

Try it

15 games is pointless when the first two next year are Boise and Tulsa. DeBoner winning out this year gives DeMoan his answer.
    Some people think is if they win or lose. Other realize it’s how they win or lose that matters most.
    It is about HOW they win. I couldn't agree more.

The last two games DeBoer's team took control of the game when it matter most and unequivocally executed in crunch time. When it matter most. With game on the line.

We? haven't had that around here since Tui was throwing wood all over the field.

That ain't no fluke. It's big dick energy.

Winners win.

whlinder said:

Jim Tressel was a national champion at Youngstown State before Ohio State

Winning is winning

Rick was spotty before UW and after

I am LIPO but sharing some of my brilliant insight that you can't get anywhere else
    Just making sure everything is evidence based.

Greg Bohl won several national championships at NDSU. Is now a .500 coach at Wyoming.

LIPO
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

whlinder said:

Fresneck is not a power 5 program. HTH.

whlinder said:

Fresneck is not a power 5 program. HTH.
    That was poorly worded. But the calcification makes is even more reason to a LIPO.
    Doogles said:

whlinder said:

It's fair to question if the next man up will be as good as Penix, odds are he won't lead the nation in passing.

But it's important to remember that Penix was bad/awful without Deboer and was ranked a 3 star transfer. Nobody was knocking on his door to play.

Also watch the game with your eyes and it's obvious the routes and multiple looks are scheming guys open.
    It’s going to be interesting. Either way.

whlinder said:

The process is that DeBoer has always had great offenses and he needs to figure it the fuck out with the talent and coaching on defense. It’s not like this team is his ideal team.
    Sounds like he needs time to get his guys in there.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    edited November 2022
    Doogles said:

whlinder said:

It's fair to question if the next man up will be as good as Penix, odds are he won't lead the nation in passing.

But it's important to remember that Penix was bad/awful without Deboer and was ranked a 3 star transfer. Nobody was knocking on his door to play.

Also watch the game with your eyes and it's obvious the routes and multiple looks are scheming guys open.
    Same thing at Fresno. WR's were open all the time. He unleashed the little stud in Haener with all the route concepts.

I think the key is at RB however, because the next QB won't be able to carry the team like Penix.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,365 Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

The process is that DeBoer has always had great offenses and he needs to figure it the fuck out with the talent and coaching on defense. It’s not like this team is his ideal team.
    Thats why I personally have not anointed him
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    Canadawg said:

whlinder said:

It's a good point, he has no defensive tree in CFB and struggled to hire decent people in the offseason.

However, even if Sark has good DC's he loses.

HC's are the ones who coach programs to wins, sometimes in spite of poor staff.
    He's as old as I am. And he sucked until

Canadawg said:

whlinder said:

It's a good point, he has no defensive tree in CFB and struggled to hire decent people in the offseason.

However, even if Sark has good DC's he loses.

HC's are the ones who coach programs to wins, sometimes in spite of poor staff.
    Texas has two full lines of 300 pound top notch D linemen. Kwat is great when he has that kind of talent up front

And yet Texas still folds and gives up yards and points in the 2nd half and loses