Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Congratulations to all those who

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He's my neighbor.

Wait...he's the guy whose fence you jumped after getting caught fucking his daughter?!?!

Wow.

Ballsy. Kudos.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

have an Attorney General who understnads and respects the Constitution

BIG BALLS BOB

Is he cross-eyed? Or what's going on there?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2017

Really? To me, it seems like a waste of time and taxpayer money, but to each their own

Until we scrap this idea of a worthless 15 billion dollar border wall I don't want to hear about anything "wasting taxpayer money"

FWIW I think this may get overturned
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,965
    dhdawg said:

Really? To me, it seems like a waste of time and taxpayer money, but to each their own

Until we scrap this idea of a worthless 15 billion dollar border wall I don't want to hear about anything "wasting taxpayer money"

Pretty easy to tear the EO apart if the court uses any heightened scrutiny, but on rational basis alone the feds stand a good chance of prevailing if for no other reason than the onus being on the WA AG to show no rational basis behind the EO.
  • Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

I read a study by FAIR that estimated the total burden on taxpayers in 2013 for illegal immigration exceeded $113 billion. The burden on Washington State in 2013 was $1.4 billion. A $15 billion investment in a wall has a quick payback. ONTH, there are other, cheaper ways to break the will of anyone wanting to cross the border illegally, and forcing those here illegally to leave.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

I read a study by FAIR that estimated the total burden on taxpayers in 2013 for illegal immigration exceeded $113 billion. The burden on Washington State in 2013 was $1.4 billion. A $15 billion investment in a wall has a quick payback. ONTH, there are other, cheaper ways to break the will of anyone wanting to cross the border illegally, and forcing those here illegally to leave.
    You do realize there's been basically a net migration by Mexicans out of America, right? Not to mention about half of illegal immigrants actually enter the country legally.

So a wall is a solution without a problem.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Then why are you in perpetual menstruation over immigration?
  • Options
    doogie said:

Then why are you in perpetual menstruation over immigration?

Me? I just said the Muslim ban is a joke. And the constitutional judges agree.

HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

You do realize there's been basically a net migration by Mexicans out of America, right? Not to mention about half of illegal immigrants actually enter the country legally.

My post concerned the cost to taxpayers, not the number of people entering or exiting the country. If you have a study showing that tax revenue the US receives from illegal immigration exceeding the cost, I would consider that.
  • Options
    Dude61 said:

2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

My post concerned the cost to taxpayers, not the number of people entering or exiting the country. If you have a study showing that tax revenue the US receives from illegal immigration exceeding the cost, I would consider that.
    So you are saying you want to keep the illegals in with a wall then?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

Not to mention a wall wouldn't even stop many of the people who do come here illegally.

Combine that with the net migration out and the fact that 40% overstay their visas it's an absolutely stupid idea
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

Not to mention a wall wouldn't even stop many of the people who do come here illegally.

Combine that with the net migration out and the fact that 40% overstay their visas it's an absolutely stupid idea
    The cost to build the wall is far less than the annual burden on taxpayers to support illegal immigration. Speculating that building a wall will not stop illegals is just, speculation.
  • Options
    Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

The cost to build the wall is far less than the annual burden on taxpayers to support illegal immigration. Speculating that building a wall will not stop illegals is just, speculation.
    Speculating that it will is just speculation
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

You read a study by FAIR? What other methods are there? Dude61 sounds really smart -- lots of education and skills. Can't wait to hear more.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

We have real life examples that a wall will work. Consider the wall Israel built.
  • Options
    Dude61 said:

2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

If only there had been studies about the net public cost to taxpayers from illegal immigration!! Why didn't I think of that? The rest of you troomps could learn a thing or two from Dude61.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    @CirrhosisDawg: Could you be more insecure? It reeks, man. Give it a rest.
  • Options

@CirrhosisDawg: Could you be more insecure? It reeks, man. Give it a rest.

Very good point. You sound as smart as Dude61.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I feel dirty but I'm with the bored libs here. The wall is going to be massively ineffective. It won't solve people overstaying their visas, it won't solve the millions who are already here (and will likely encourage a surge of those coming/decrease of those returning south before it is in place), and it won't solve the tunnels.

It's a massively expensive partial solution. To me it's not close to worth it.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

dhdawg said:

We have real life examples that a wall will work. Consider the wall Israel built.
    Israel walled out the Palestinian vermin and magically the bus bombings stopped. It works. Open orders is as fucktarded as not having a lock on your door. Any dumpster muffin who wants to can wander off the street, steal your things, two hole your wife or kill your ass. It's just common sense.