Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you still think Pete is the right guy for the job?

PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
edited June 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
Assuming the expectations are conference titles and national championships....ahem

Do you still think Pete is the right guy for the job? 67 votes

Yes
83%
TommySQCSweatpantsGeneralCFetters_Nacho_LoverFire_Marshall_BillApostleofGriefPostGameOrangeSlicesBennyBeaverRaccoonHarryMad_SonDeepSeaZlongduckdongCuntWaffleLoneStarDawgAtomicDawgUWhuskytskeetCokeGreaterThanPepsidncExtraChrisBH_DStinky_Hankey 56 votes
No
16%
TierbsHsotBoobsRaceBannonSwayePurpleBazeThomasFremontRoadDawg55PurpleJGladstoneMadHuskyhaiesection_332 11 votes

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,931 Founders Club
    No
    Meek said:

who else will travel all the way to Seattle?

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    No
    Swaye said:

I said it last year. I think he isn't the solution. Hope I'm wrong blah blah blah. I think we find out for sure this year. Last year pushed me to 90 percent fuck him. This year he either wins 10 and I will get behind him, or he flails about and then I know he sucks.

This. We find out this year, but I don't currently hold him in high esteem. His offenses have been too shitty for awhile to get me to buy in.
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    BONEM

WARBATPO

WOOF
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    No
    Cersi needs to do what she does to husky stadium now
    No

but who would we get that's any better?

I used to dismiss this as a doog excuse, but we have an unproven, most likely shitty AD, a budget deficit, and a program that has been irrelevant for a long time.

I don't think good coaches would line up for this job.
    Maybe grab that young DJ kid out of Kent State or something....
    No
    dnc said:

I'm like 55-45 so I'm much more LIFPO than yes or no. This year will tell us everything we need to know. I'll either be strongly in or strongly out by the time this year is over.

I admire your faith in the face of evidence to the contrary.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Yes
    We? are mediocre program until proven otherwise. If Pete isn't the guy, it's time for the Big Sky. I don't see the program recovering in any amount of time to hold my interest. Win/win for me.
    No
    Thread lacks the why?becausewewere7and6?.gif @GrundleStiltzkin
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Yes
    PurpleJ said:

Thread lacks the image@GrundleStiltzkin

It's hard. It's hard to poast in this bored day in and day out.
    No

PurpleJ said:

Thread lacks the image@GrundleStiltzkin

It's hard. It's hard to poast in this bored day in and day out.
    Because we were 7-6 last year?
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Yes
    Rinse. Repete.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    No

I used to dismiss this as a doog excuse, but we have an unproven, most likely shitty AD, a budget deficit, and a program that has been irrelevant for a long time.

It's hard

The reason you don't fall in love with a mediocre coach like Sark or like Petermen appears to be is the more times you fire the more times you get to hire and get it right. There are not tons of great coaches. Being forced to look for the next one is better than hiring a Ty or even Petermen if he turns out to be like the other Boise losers.

You're right about our program. It won't stop us from getting lucky but it could stop us from keeping a coach worth keeping
    No

It's hard

The reason you don't fall in love with a mediocre coach like Sark or like Petermen appears to be is the more times you fire the more times you get to hire and get it right. There are not tons of great coaches. Being forced to look for the next one is better than hiring a Ty or even Petermen if he turns out to be like the other Boise losers.

You're right about our program. It won't stop us from getting lucky but it could stop us from keeping a coach worth keeping
    Roll Tide!