Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WSU, OSU File Emergency Restraining Order vs P12

12346»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

The 10 departing schools will leave them with the Pac 12 assets but then not pay a dime on the 50 million debt to Comcast.

Like we say No. Those debts are yours and the other 11 schools. For WSU and OS will say fuck you to Comcast and tell them to chase the other 10 schools as well. Uncharted territory has its privileges.

The 10 schools that left not ever having a vote again is an Iron Law with Precedent.

OS and WSU getting saddled with the debt has no such thing.
    Ok.

I'm sure this will all work out great for the cougs.

Have any of the 10 schools paid a dime yet?

What about UCLA paying for the Holiday bowl?

Anyone paid for the outstanding debt on the network offices lease?

What about the fact that the Pac value was only accumulated because of the other 10 schools?

I'm sure the little law offices of Cuoglet and Beavlet will really "get theirs" in all of this 😆
    You left. You get no vote. The office leases are chump change. Have another Hazy.
    I think I will, thanks.

WSU and OSU will get nothing out of this except some belly laughs from the 10 departing schools. Filing with a WSU booster in Colfax?

Already fucking amateur hour.
    It was a suit that had to be filed in a local jurisdiction. If it wasn’t in Whitman County, it would have been in Benton County. The language in the motion is pretty basic and didn’t need a high price attorney to file.

Trust me when I tell you the Team will change when the Commissioner makes his? Move.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,663
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

The 10 departing schools will leave them with the Pac 12 assets but then not pay a dime on the 50 million debt to Comcast.

Like we say No. Those debts are yours and the other 11 schools. For WSU and OS will say fuck you to Comcast and tell them to chase the other 10 schools as well. Uncharted territory has its privileges.

The 10 schools that left not ever having a vote again is an Iron Law with Precedent.

OS and WSU getting saddled with the debt has no such thing.
    Ok.

I'm sure this will all work out great for the cougs.

Have any of the 10 schools paid a dime yet?

What about UCLA paying for the Holiday bowl?

Anyone paid for the outstanding debt on the network offices lease?

What about the fact that the Pac value was only accumulated because of the other 10 schools?

I'm sure the little law offices of Cuoglet and Beavlet will really "get theirs" in all of this 😆
    You left. You get no vote. The office leases are chump change. Have another Hazy.
    I think I will, thanks.

WSU and OSU will get nothing out of this except some belly laughs from the 10 departing schools. Filing with a WSU booster in Colfax?

Already fucking amateur hour.
    It was a suit that had to be filed in a local jurisdiction. If it wasn’t in Whitman County, it would have been in Benton County. The language in the motion is pretty basic and didn’t need a high price attorney to file.

Trust me when I tell you the Team will change when the Commissioner makes his? Move.
    Again, they will get, at most, the playoff units and maybe the "privilege" of having to sell off the remains of the Pac Network. Minus the debt. You want to keep the conference going? You get the debt too. No one will rule otherwise on that.

They will be fucked for next year because no one will want to televise whatever they come up with schedule wise.

Keeping revenue for 2023 is laughable. The 10 schools are still in the conference for 2023. Good luck getting any judge to rule against UW because of "feelings of betrayal".
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    2023 revenue isn’t in play. It’s all about 08/01/2024 and after.

Keeping the conference alive is window dressing. That won’t happen. All we are trying to do is get transparency on the revenue and liabilities and enforce the conference by-laws.

We? aren’t coming after anyone. Other than the Conference, which you have one foot out the door of anyway, and it’s Commissioner? We aren’t seeking any damages against the other 10 schools or the Networks.

With that said, we will say Fuck you to Comcast on excess revenues paid to the Conference over the years until they go after the other 10 schools that received that revenue as well. This is the part that is Hazy with no precedent.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2023
    There is no cash flow opportunity available after the 2023 swan song season…

College football playoff media partners will not be bound going forward with auto playoff berths, bowl rights for a conference whose valuation rights no longer exist… no court would hear a case otherwise, their is no ongoing value to the pac 12 name except dumpster fire t shirt rights.

The only potentially valid point of a suit would be to equitably divide the remains of assets and liabilities as would happen with any no longer doing business concern… and I assume that will be the procedural outcome, anything else would be overturned in a heartbeat and that is legally obvious.

Torts for damages ain’t happening, revenge awards are reserved for divorce court and this conference dissolved with obvious and legal cause for each of the entities that are leaving
  • Options
    edited September 2023

College football playoff media partners will not be bound going forward with auto playoff berths, bowl rights for a conference whose valuation rights no longer exist… no court would hear a case otherwise, their is no ongoing value to the pac 12 name except dumpster fire t shirt rights.

The only potentially valid point of a suit would be to equitably divide the remains of assets and liabilities as would happen with any no longer doing business concern… and I assume that will be the procedural outcome, anything else would be overturned in a heartbeat and that is legally obvious.

Torts for damages ain’t happening, revenge awards are reserved for divorce court and this conference dissolved with obvious and legal cause for each of the entities that are leaving

There are tens of Millions of assets and revenues available after 08/01/24.

And there are no calls for tort damages.

All we want to do is see what the assets, revenues and liabilities look like after 08/01/2024. It’s simple really. That’s why a lawyer that does business on Riverside in Spokane was used for this.

The Conference by laws are clear. And have recent precedent. It’s not complicated.

If it looks like it isn’t worth it for the Cougs and Beavs to remain past 08/01/2024, they will move on.

Other than further Schadenfreude, I’m not sure why anyone not a Coug or Beav would care or oppose, if they actually read the court documents.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2023
    I agree, it’s not complicated… any issue regarding previous debt and existing 2023 cash flow would require legal standing of all current members, and an equitable split is the only real solution.

Any decisions, potential debt obligations and cash flow from ongoing operations following the scheduled exit of the members that are leaving would logically be limited to surviving members of the conference alone. All of that seems clear.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,911
    Founders Club

Pretty piss poor reception. I guess have to be part of a clique on here.I'm out. Everybody can be a bad ass on an anonymous forum I suppose :)

Fuck you, bitch! I'll SAY IT TO YOUR FACE & fight you at the 7-11 on Aurora.

You better believe it. I'm a 6'5", 230 lbs former Army Ranger.
    Well I am 6'4 280 pounds myself pal and have a black belt tbh so good match up I suppose.

You and this whole forum can piss off tbh. Guess people think I am a hated former poster or something?

But whatever, i'll just cheer on the Huskies from afar :)
    Do you know what a "meme" is?

The amount of dumbasses that are out there that cant handle anonymous MESSAGE BOARD hazing is fucking frightening to be honest...like these people are out there in society right now and getting their egos hurt ANONYMOUSLY

Take a walk on the beach to get some perspective
    In other words, GTHUALTDBRLATI.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Kaepsknee said:

All we want to do is see what the assets, revenues and liabilities look like after 08/01/2024. It’s simple really. That’s why a lawyer that does business on Riverside in Spokane was used for this.

The Conference by laws are clear. And have recent precedent. It’s not complicated.

If it looks like it isn’t worth it for the Cougs and Beavs to remain past 08/01/2024, they will move on.

Other than further Schadenfreude, I’m not sure why anyone not a Coug or Beav would care or oppose, if they actually read the court documents.
    The P12 “revenues” available after 8/1/24 aren’t really revenues … they are cash flows

From a revenue perspective they will have been earned and accrued prior to 8/1/24 … the timing of the payments should have little to no difference on the ultimate distributions

The Bylaws frankly are anything but clear in that a lot of what is taking place is at best partially addressed … it is very clear that at least from a Bylaw perspective there was no clear anticipation or expectation of the conference falling apart (a major mistake for all)

When items are not particularly well defined it isn’t uncommon for the default position to fall back into what is ordinary and customary

It’s not hard to position possible settlements that take the Cougs/Beavs at their word and then find out that they aren’t interested in that

Actions vs Words is a real motherfucker
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,208
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

The P12 “revenues” available after 8/1/24 aren’t really revenues … they are cash flows

From a revenue perspective they will have been earned and accrued prior to 8/1/24 … the timing of the payments should have little to no difference on the ultimate distributions

The Bylaws frankly are anything but clear in that a lot of what is taking place is at best partially addressed … it is very clear that at least from a Bylaw perspective there was no clear anticipation or expectation of the conference falling apart (a major mistake for all)

When items are not particularly well defined it isn’t uncommon for the default position to fall back into what is ordinary and customary

It’s not hard to position possible settlements that take the Cougs/Beavs at their word and then find out that they aren’t interested in that

Hot accounting talk.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Hot accounting talk.
    Cash vs Accrual Accounting is the shit

Apparently the courts care about that stuff as well
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    Kaepsknee said:

For me personally it started in 2022 where immediately after USC and UCLA declare for the B1G WSU is trying to lobby Olympia to tie UW to them.

After that there is nothing in it for UW to not work against them and they should try to cripple them to the point of not being able to affect UW in any way, shape, or form.

I agree with a lot of cuogs nowadays in just killing the Apple Cup. Especially if it still has to be home and home or it is played in the NFL stadium. As it is nobody wants to go to Pullman and deal with the lodging situation unless they live in Central/Eastern WA. 2017 Apple Cup was maybe the most pathetic turnout I've ever seen for a top 12 team playing a team with the division on the line.

It's best that UW moves on to focusing on the B1G and WSU moves on to competing with Oregon State to supplant Boise/Fresno as west coast G5 powers.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,208
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Hot accounting talk.

Yeah the courts will care about that.

Any cash on hand will need to be used for severance packages, lease buyouts, legal fees, etc. There's zero scenarios where there's a big pile of cash that is free and clear.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Hot accounting talk.

Any cash on hand will need to be used for severance packages, lease buyouts, legal fees, etc. There's zero scenarios where there's a big pile of cash that is free and clear.
    It would be very unlikely

There’s also the cash and the hard assets … the network assets in theory have value IF you can sell them … value is most likely at a huge discount due to limited buyers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Hot accounting talk.

There’s also the cash and the hard assets … the network assets in theory have value IF you can sell them … value is most likely at a huge discount due to limited buyers
    "We're going to be splitting 70 million with the Beavs! LOL should have checked the fine print losers!" is one of the dumbest fucking things I've read on Twitter in a really long time.
  • Options
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Hot accounting talk.

"We're going to be splitting 70 million with the Beavs! LOL should have checked the fine print losers!" is one of the dumbest fucking things I've read on Twitter in a really long time.
    You don’t read what you write

Hardy Har Har
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Hot accounting talk.
    NTD, BB
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Kaepsknee said:

Keeping the conference alive is window dressing. That won’t happen. All we are trying to do is get transparency on the revenue and liabilities and enforce the conference by-laws.

We? aren’t coming after anyone. Other than the Conference, which you have one foot out the door of anyway, and it’s Commissioner? We aren’t seeking any damages against the other 10 schools or the Networks.

With that said, we will say Fuck you to Comcast on excess revenues paid to the Conference over the years until they go after the other 10 schools that received that revenue as well. This is the part that is Hazy with no precedent.

i am sure comcast's legal team is beyond scared knowing they may have to go up against cuog/boov/george k in court.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

What part of USC and UCLA not being allowed in any board decisions since their announcement to leave is escaping you? You have jumped around like a Mexican bean on this issue since it has arisen. Just sit the fuck down and LIPO. Because it’s clear that your contribution so far is to simply keep your thumbs limber.

Like most threads.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Kaepsknee said:

i am sure comcast's legal team is beyond scared knowing they may have to go up against cuog/boov/george k in court.
    Appeals are a mutherfuckah.

In fact, If we? don’t get what we want, we could appeal this whole muthafuckah out to 08/01/2024.

Of course that won’t be necessary as the by laws and precedent are all ours?
  • Options
    Kaepsknee said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

What part of USC and UCLA not being allowed in any board decisions since their announcement to leave is escaping you? You have jumped around like a Mexican bean on this issue since it has arisen. Just sit the fuck down and LIPO. Because it’s clear that your contribution so far is to simply keep your thumbs limber.

Like most threads.
    And what meetings since have been tied to anything other than media or expansion?

Keep running your mouth … all the screenshots are here