Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WSU, OSU File Emergency Restraining Order vs P12

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

pawz said:

I'm sure we have some resident big brain lawyers who can help clarify the contract law at play here. But on the face of it, I have a hard time believing that WSU and OSU are going to successfully pilfer $100m of jointly-owned assets based on a technicality.

@creepycoug True ?!
    At this point, there should be an injunction admitting Cuog! to the Big 24 or whatever and relegating Wisconsin and their faux arrogance to the rebuilt Pac 12. Maybe they'll learn how to play football and win a Rose Bowl once a century.
    It's going to be fun watching schools like Purdue and Illinois get their shit pushed in on the regular by the old Pac teams.
    Absolutely. The posture of this thing is like the P12 teams are joining Big Brother. That's not quite right. Adding the Pac teams is going to make it tuff on everybody, and the current bottom third are going to struggle more than ever. I would also argue that teams like Wisconsin and Michigan State don't have much to gain either.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

I'm sure we have some resident big brain lawyers who can help clarify the contract law at play here. But on the face of it, I have a hard time believing that WSU and OSU are going to successfully pilfer $100m of jointly-owned assets based on a technicality.

@creepycoug True ?!
    At this point, there should be an injunction admitting Cuog! to the Big 24 or whatever and relegating Wisconsin and their faux arrogance to the rebuilt Pac 12. Maybe they'll learn how to play football and win a Rose Bowl once a century.
    It's going to be fun watching schools like Purdue and Illinois get their shit pushed in on the regular by the old Pac teams.
    Absolutely. The posture of this thing is like the P12 teams are joining Big Brother. That's not quite right. Adding the Pac teams is going to make it tuff on everybody, and the current bottom third are going to struggle more than ever. I would also argue that teams like Wisconsin and Michigan State don't have much to gain either.
    USC has also won the most Rose Bowls (25), followed by Michigan and Ohio State (8 each); Washington and Stanford (7 each); and UCLA (5). Michigan has lost the most (12), followed by USC (9), Ohio State, UCLA and Stanford (7 each), Washington and Wisconsin (6 each)

Historically, the PAC was big brother. This was financial mismanagement and hubris by school administrations rather than football related.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2023

is

pawz said:

@creepycoug True ?!
    USC has also won the most Rose Bowls (25), followed by Michigan and Ohio State (8 each); Washington and Stanford (7 each); and UCLA (5). Michigan has lost the most (12), followed by USC (9), Ohio State, UCLA and Stanford (7 each), Washington and Wisconsin (6 each)

Historically, the PAC was big brother. This was financial mismanagement and hubris by school administrations rather than football related.
    Those numbers are highly skewed by the BCS and CFP.

As the Big 10 would have many more Rose Bowl wins without it. Fuck for 25 years only SC and Oregon had a prayer at winning one. And most weren’t answered. And many years the Big 10 sent their 2nd best and still whooped PAC 12 ass.

It seems this move to the Big 10 has made otherwise smart posters, not somehow.
  • Options
    The Big 10 sent their 3rd best team last season and still won.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,292
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

How did the Dynasty fair?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,999
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Kaepsknee said:

In fairness. That was the 3rd best pac 12 team. But still.
  • Options

Kaepsknee said:

That damn snow potd.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Bob_C said:

Kaepsknee said:

How did the Dynasty fair?
    Point to me where the Hot Boyz hurt you. Cuz you would be the first.
  • Options

Kaepsknee said:

Again lol button needed.

And again. I’m not donating.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,781
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Again lol button needed.

And again. I’m not donating.
    Agreed. They were the 4th best.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

That damn snow potd.
    Nothing Cuogs hate more than snow
  • Options
    edited September 2023

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

That damn snow potd.
    Well…. that was the joke.

Guess I’m off to the BDTW site.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

That damn snow potd.
    Well…. that was the joke.

Guess I’m off to the BDTW site.
    Later, guym
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,482
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

is

pawz said:

@creepycoug True ?!

Those numbers are highly skewed by the BCS and CFP.

As the Big 10 would have many more Rose Bowl wins without it. Fuck for 25 years only SC and Oregon had a prayer at winning one. And most weren’t answered. And many years the Big 10 sent their 2nd best and still whooped PAC 12 ass.

It seems this move to the Big 10 has made otherwise smart posters, not somehow.
    Cool hypothetical.

How many years was the bcs argument relevant? Was it more than 30? Bc that's the differential.
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 282
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Temporary Restraining Order is approved. Whitman County has one Superior Court judge…Gary Libey, former Whitman County Cougar Club president. This must be what it is to live in SEC country. Off to the most important court case soon. Geaux Cougs!
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whitman County Superior Court earlier today with Cuog and Beav ...