Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WSU, OSU File Emergency Restraining Order vs P12

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,663
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The 10 departing schools will leave them with the Pac 12 assets but then not pay a dime on the 50 million debt to Comcast.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2023
    haie said:

The 10 departing schools will leave them with the Pac 12 assets but then not pay a dime on the 50 million debt to Comcast.

Like we say No. Those debts are yours and the other 11 schools. For WSU and OS will say fuck you to Comcast and tell them to chase the other 10 schools as well. Uncharted territory has its privileges.

The 10 schools that left not ever having a vote again is an Iron Law with Precedent.

OS and WSU getting saddled with the debt has no such thing.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think this is just a stopgap and it is inevitable that OSU and WSU will have to join the Mountain West. To be blunt: Should have been better overall with your sports and academics and you would have gotten an invite.

Also, hey all! First post here and sorry if I missed an introduction thread? Anyway, born and raised in North Carolina and went to a small Division 2 school for my undergrad! Played football there but let us just say.... we didn't win much smh. Anyway, got my MLIS degree online from UW and got into Husky sports since then. May seem a bit odd as never been to campus to watch any sports haha, but do watch them when I can (ESPN Plus and other ways); also follow the Browns as far as the NFL goes and am a enormous fan of Tar Heel basketball, hope thats ok haha.

Thanks!

Ok @MikeDamone
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think this is just a stopgap and it is inevitable that OSU and WSU will have to join the Mountain West. To be blunt: Should have been better overall with your sports and academics and you would have gotten an invite.

Also, hey all! First post here and sorry if I missed an introduction thread? Anyway, born and raised in North Carolina and went to a small Division 2 school for my undergrad! Played football there but let us just say.... we didn't win much smh. Anyway, got my MLIS degree online from UW and got into Husky sports since then. May seem a bit odd as never been to campus to watch any sports haha, but do watch them when I can (ESPN Plus and other ways); also follow the Browns as far as the NFL goes and am a enormous fan of Tar Heel basketball, hope thats ok haha.

Thanks!

Fuck off DaMoan.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

One of the few times I approve of your spitefulness

Problem is that if I was Oregon St and Wazzu I’d gladly absorb the entire debt to take on all of the media revenues for this year

Careful what you ask for
  • Options
    CarolinaHuskyCarolinaHusky Member Posts: 7
    5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Kaepsknee said:

Thanks!

Fuck off DaMoan.
    Pardon? Thanks for the welcome. I assume this is some kind of inner joke thing?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Like we say No. Those debts are yours and the other 11 schools. For WSU and OS will say fuck you to Comcast and tell them to chase the other 10 schools as well. Uncharted territory has its privileges.

The 10 schools that left not ever having a vote again is an Iron Law with Precedent.

Ok.

I'm sure this will all work out great for the cougs.

Have any of the 10 schools paid a dime yet?

What about UCLA paying for the Holiday bowl?

Anyone paid for the outstanding debt on the network offices lease?

What about the fact that the Pac value was only accumulated because of the other 10 schools?

I'm sure the little law offices of Cuoglet and Beavlet will really "get theirs" in all of this 😆
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Time for these two to just work on how they can maximize themselves being bigger fish in a smaller pond and for both to try and do everything they can to get their in-state rivals to still play them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

One of the few times I approve of your spitefulness

Problem is that if I was Oregon St and Wazzu I’d gladly absorb the entire debt to take on all of the media revenues for this year

Careful what you ask for
    Good luck getting all the TV revenue that was only generated because of the 10 schools. They are still in the conference for 2023. Including basketball in the spring of 24.

Not to mention that you have 2 broke schools now having to pay for a massive legal battle against bigger schools.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Ok.

What about the fact that the Pac value was only accumulated because of the other 10 schools?

I'm sure the little law offices of Cuoglet and Beavlet will really "get theirs" in all of this 😆
    Pretty sure Comcast is deducting the overpayment from what they are handing out this year, so in effect the debt has been paid by all 12 schools.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I am petty person….I love dis……don’t hate the players hate the petty game
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Ok.

Pretty sure Comcast is deducting the overpayment from what they are handing out this year, so in effect the debt has been paid by all 12 schools.
    This idea that those 2 schools will be able to disperse the debt to all 12 schools while keeping what little profit there is left all to themselves is a fantasy being sold to their fans so that their AD's don't completely bomb ticket sales for next year and beyond.

All they will have left is a tiny bit of profit and the Playoff units that the Pac 12 is entitled to for 24 and 25.